ECT Acts 2:45 is simple to do

oatmeal

Acts 2:45

And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

How many of you own one car?

do you own one car or many cars?

Do you own one house or many houses?

How many houses can you live in a one time?

How many cars can you drive at one time?

How many houses do you really need seeing you can live in only one at a time?

How many cars do you need seeing you can drive only one at a time?

Is your importance to God based on how many cars and houses you own or your love and obedience to God and His word and your love for your brothers in Christ?

You don't know any ministry you can trust with a large donation?

Why not?

What is your problem?

Isn't seeking truth a priority for you? or do you think you already have it all?

I loaned out my only recliner because a friend needed it to be comfortable after her quadruple bypass surgery, her husband broke his femur a few days later. The enjoy the comfortable seating and their healing is not impeded by otherwise uncomfortable seating.

I have other chairs and a sofa to sit on, I can live without it for a bit.

Living alone for many years, I literally did not need a sofa for myself. So, I did not have one. However, it was not practical when having guests over. I need a sofa to be able to show hospitality to my guests. When my son would visit, he enjoyed napping on the sofa, something he could not do until I had one. I bought a nice sofa, it meets my need to be hospitable to my guests.

God's word says I should be hospitable to my guests Romans 12:13

Why do people make doing God's word so difficult?

God is looking out for your best interests!

Why not trust God?

oatmeal

Luke 12 teaches us much about getting our priorities straight

Luke 12 teaches us much about getting our priorities straight

Luke 12

And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me.

14 And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?

15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:

17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?

18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.

19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.

20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

22 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.

23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.

24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?

25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?

26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?

27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

oatmeal

Romans 12:17-21

17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

oatmeal

good post

Thanks!

God has no interest in seeing us deny ourselves what we need, we simply need to realize that our spiritual life is the catalyst for having a full , and very satisfying life in the mental, emotional and physical categories of our life

oatmeal

It is simple to do, but no one does it.

I'll bet you have shared things from your life to others.

I'll bet you have found great satisfaction in doing so.

"A man's wealth is not measured by how much he has, but by how much he gives"

andyc

You don't do it, and no one you go to church with does either.

I know two people who gave cars away recently. If anyone gave their house away they'd be living on the streets. Other people give astounding amounts of money to the church to help support missionaries etc.

If I am the church, how do I go to church? Is it a building?

Getting a little technical aren't we?
It can refer to the entire body of Christ (church of God), a building, gathering in someones house etc

oatmeal

You don't do it, and no one you go to church with does either.

If I am the church, how do I go to church? Is it a building?

You are the church.

The church is the members in the body of Christ.

God does not dwell in temples made with hands, we are His dwelling place.

Ephesians 2:19-22

Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

What did we do to earn that privilege? It was not our material wealth.

We trusted God

oatmeal

It is as hard for a camel to go through the eye of a needle as for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

Hard, yes.

It is impossible for anyone to earn the gift of salvation that the sacrifice of Jesus Christ purchased for us.

Hard, but all the promises of God are available to us, we receive when we believe.

Mark 9:23

oatmeal

I know two people who gave cars away recently. If anyone gave their house away they'd be living on the streets. Other people give astounding amounts of money to the church to help support missionaries etc.

Getting a little technical aren't we?
It can refer to the entire body of Christ (church of God), a building, gathering in someones house etc

You might be shocked by how technically accurate God's words are.

God designed the heavens and the earth, the physical world can be measured and predicted precisely by exacting mathematical means.

That same precision is one hallmark of God's word.

It is absolutely precise, exact and accurate

oatmeal

Acts 2:45

And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

How many of you own one car?

do you own one car or many cars?

Do you own one house or many houses?

How many houses can you live in a one time?

How many cars can you drive at one time?

How many houses do you really need seeing you can live in only one at a time?

How many cars do you need seeing you can drive only one at a time?

Is your importance to God based on how many cars and houses you own or your love and obedience to God and His word and your love for your brothers in Christ?

You don't know any ministry you can trust with a large donation?

Why not?

What is your problem?

Isn't seeking truth a priority for you? or do you think you already have it all?

I loaned out my only recliner because a friend needed it to be comfortable after her quadruple bypass surgery, her husband broke his femur a few days later. The enjoy the comfortable seating and their healing is not impeded by otherwise uncomfortable seating.

I have other chairs and a sofa to sit on, I can live without it for a bit.

Living alone for many years, I literally did not need a sofa for myself. So, I did not have one. However, it was not practical when having guests over. I need a sofa to be able to show hospitality to my guests. When my son would visit, he enjoyed napping on the sofa, something he could not do until I had one. I bought a nice sofa, it meets my need to be hospitable to my guests.

God's word says I should be hospitable to my guests Romans 12:13

Why do people make doing God's word so difficult?

God is looking out for your best interests!

Why not trust God?

You might conclude that I was being selfish and self centered by not having a sofa for my guests

Purchasing and owning that sofa gave me the opportunity to give hospitality to others.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is simple to do, but no one does it.
The ones that lie and say they do ought to be glad that God is not judging today! Ananias and Sapphira, anyone?

Acts 5:1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

Acts 5:2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Acts 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

Acts 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Acts 5:5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

Acts 5:6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

Acts 5:7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.

Acts 5:8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.

Acts 5:9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.

Acts 5:10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

andyc

The ones that lie and say they do ought to be glad that God is not judging today! Ananias and Sapphira, anyone?

Acts 5:1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

Acts 5:2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Acts 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

Acts 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Acts 5:5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

Acts 5:6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

Acts 5:7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.

Acts 5:8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.

Acts 5:9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.

Acts 5:10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

A & S claimed that they were giving all of the money they had from the land they sold, but they weren't. There was nothing wrong with keeping money back for themselves, but the sin was lying about it.

I agree that those who say they give, and don't, are guilty of the same sin.

oatmeal

Ananias and Sapphira succumbed to the temptation of self exaltation.

We need to make sure love for God, truth and our fellow believers is our motivation

God's word is tried and true.

Learning to share of those things that God has blessed us with is a process.

Not only is money involved, but time, talent, tenacity and truthfulness

People need recognition at times, God knows best how and when to dole that our.

I Peter 5:6

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Proverbs 11:2

When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

Proverbs 29:23

A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Proverbs 16:19

Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Matthew 23:12

And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Ananias and Saphira let themselves get fooled by their self seeking motives

oatmeal

A & S claimed that they were giving all of the money they had from the land they sold, but they weren't. There was nothing wrong with keeping money back for themselves, but the sin was lying about it.

I agree that those who say they give, and don't, are guilty of the same sin.

Yes, that sums it up

oatmeal

What the first century church was learning and experiencing by believing the apostle's doctrine was so beyond what they had known and experience at that point, it was simple for them to commit themselves to the furtherance of the gospel.

Our generation needs to see that same power in action to get excited and committed to God and the furtherance of the gospel.

Jesus Christ told them what to expect and what to expect to do with it.
Acts 1:5,8

Peter, who days earlier, was hiding for fear of the Judeans grew up rather quickly.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words.....

Where did his fear go? Why the incredible boldness?

Acts 2:1-4,43 Fear or great awe or respect came on every soul

Believers want to be committed to doing God's will.

It takes strong and spiritually powerful leadership to lead God's people.

See Moses, Peter, John, Joshua, Paul, Jesus Christ, Hezekiah, Elijah, Elisha, John the Baptist.

Acts 4:13,33