ECT Acts 2:45 is simple to do

andyc

The early church was being led by the Spirit to give all. Probably with a foresight to prepare the church for upcoming tribulation and the romans coming to destroy.

Pauls letters do not infer or direct the believers to do so.

but did tell the individuals to give but not under compulsion.
This re-affirms the Spirit leading us in these types of situations and considerations.

Jesus did not tell all people he met to give up all their possessions.
Jesus knew that individuals had areas that they had to be dealt with in their life.

Paul tells the rich to be more considerate and giving to those in need.
A heart matter so we don't get our eyes focused on things but rather on Him and his Kingdom which is Love, peace, joy and righteousness in the Spirit.

I gave up gaming because my eyes and thoughts got distracted.
I choose to hear and obey, Hopefully more than not. And I will grow in that process. As He changes me. Co-laboring and partnering with him.

That's right. If we were in a move of God as they experienced, the desire would be to be in church 24/7. As you say, it is how the church is led, as well as individuals. Many people do sell up and become missionaries today, or full time ministers.

andyc

So you say.

It explains why he did not rebuke Zach.

Nonsense.

The parable was simply to correct their understanding that the kingdom of God was about to be ushered in. It was meant to explain that there was work left to be done. As there still is.

oatmeal

Luke 18:18-30

18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.

22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.

24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

26 And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved?

27 And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

28 Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee.

29 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake,

30 Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.

We must ask ourselves what did Jesus Christ mean by "all".

We must also ask if Jesus was specific to this ruler or was that a commandment for himself and others to follow.

Did Jesus Christ sell all that he had and give to the poor?

No, he did not.

Did his disciples sell all that they had and give to the poor?

No, they did not.

Joseph of Arimathea was rich and a disciple.

Matthew 27:57

When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple:

If Joseph had sold all he had and given all to the poor he would not have been rich.

Likewise he would not have been able to afford to prepare for need to put Jesus body in a new tomb wrapped in the linen cloth.

Did Jesus and his disciples sell all they they had and give to the poor?

Peter went back to fishing for a time, John 21:3, Jesus showed up and exhorted Peter to feed my sheep.....

He did not tell him to sell his fishing boat and equipment.

Why not? Maybe Peter was renting? Where did Peter get that money if he gave ALL to the poor?

At the crucifixion, what was the items that were parted?

Jesus' garments!

Did Jesus sell ALL that he owned and gave to the poor?

Were Jesus' disciples clothed, or had they sold ALL and gave to the poor?

These are practical questions that need practical answers.

Why did Jesus tell the rich young ruler to sell all?

Did he tell his disciples to sell all?

They didn't and neither did Jesus.

Why not?

Why was the rich young ruler singled out?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That is what we do to believers. The brotherhood.

Rom 12:10-13
10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;
11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;
13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
(NKJ)

These are the verses we stand on to unbelievers.

Rev 22:14-15
14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.
15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 10:21
21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord's table and of the table of demons.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 6:14-18
14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?
16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people."
17 Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
(NKJ)

Matt 7:6
6 "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
(NKJ)

oatmeal

That is what we do to believers. The brotherhood.

Rom 12:10-13
10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;
11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;
13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
(NKJ)

These are the verses we stand on to unbelievers.

Rev 22:14-15
14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.
15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 10:21
21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord's table and of the table of demons.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 6:14-18
14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?
16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people."
17 Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
(NKJ)

Matt 7:6
6 "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
(NKJ)

Yes, believers look out for each other

oatmeal

Why was the rich young ruler singled out?

Why were not all blind people told to go wash in the pool of Siloam?

John 9

When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,

7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

andyc

How many cities are you getting?

You are clueless about much.

You mention a parable, then treat it as literal, then call me clueless. LOL
The majority of Christians would understand that the parable is talking about what we do with the gifts God has given us. The noble man is Christ, and the ten minas are the gifts. So simple.

DAN P

You mention a parable, then treat it as literal, then call me clueless. LOL
The majority of Christians would understand that the parable is talking about what we do with the gifts God has given us. The noble man is Christ, and the ten minas are the gifts. So simple.

Hi , and a parable is not Literal ?

Which are you talking about ?

Please let me know , which ones are Literal and which are not and what RULE of Thumb do you you to spot the Literal ones ??

dan p

oatmeal

Please let me know , which ones are Literal and which are not and what RULE of Thumb do you you to spot the Literal ones ??

dan p

A parable is a figure of speech

A figure of speech is not literal, it is a departure from basic rules of language and grammar so as to call attention to itself.

A simile, his hair is white as snow. A comparison by resemblance. His hair is not snow but is as white as snow.

A parable is a extended simile used to illustrate a point.

The parable can be fictitious, the point of the parable is to illustrate one thing.

andyc

A parable is a figure of speech

A figure of speech is not literal, it is a departure from basic rules of language and grammar so as to call attention to itself.

A simile, his hair is white as snow. A comparison by resemblance. His hair is not snow but is as white as snow.

A parable is a extended simile used to illustrate a point.

The parable can be fictitious, the point of the parable is to illustrate one thing.

That's right.
A simple story understood with the natural mind can give a thinking person spiritual insight, but confuse those who refuse to think.
The intent is that his hearers would understand and apply the spiritual principles within the parable.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

dan p

Mat 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
Mat 13:12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Mat 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
Mat 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.