Abortion and The Holocaust....Differences?

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's as though you guys think abortion actually isn't as bad as it's cracked up to be and the only thing you can think of is comparing it to another outrage. Again, lazy, cheap, inaccurate, etc.
This kind of dishonesty is telling. That coupled with the intellectually empty is not, is not, is not is representative of a school yard bully who is really all fat, no muscle...all mouth, no thought.

Let's see who thinks abortion is as bad or worse than The Holocaust:
On the right:
The biggest difference is the scale of the slaughter.
Yes. Americans are much worse having murdered nearly 10 times as many children as Germany did Jews.
Abortion completely flips morality upside down.
Abortion is the killing of utterly helpless human beings that are totally incapable of defending
their own fragile life.
The murder of the innocent is wrong in all places and at all times. We should never stray from that truth.
As to total scale of the slaughter, there is no comparison.
I would also assume that most Americans don't want the two compared because it shows this nation's apathy & culpability for the murders of millions of potential Americans, it is source of national disgrace & it should be...
it is much, much worse.
Let's see who thinks abortion "isn't as bad as it's cracked up to be."
On the left:
I think it is a crime, but not murder.
Abortion is a tragedy , but not a "holocaust ".
This hysterical fixation on women and their fetuses is quite the merry-go-round!
And on the fake right:
There is no comparing a medical procedure that's thousands of years old
After all, it's merely a "medical procedure."

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's as though you guys think abortion actually isn't as bad as it's cracked up to be and the only thing you can think of is comparing it to another outrage. Again, lazy, cheap, inaccurate, etc.
On the contrary.
We are saying that abortion is just as bad, if not worse, than the holocaust.
Or in other words, if the dehumanizing and murders of the Holocaust disgusted you, abortion should disgust you just as much, if not more.

Quetzal

On the contrary.
Or in other words, if the dehumanizing and murders of the Holocaust disgusted you, abortion should disgust you just as much, if not more.
I guess my question is why can't you just describe it as an atrocity? Something that needs moral reconsideration. Comparing it to the Holocaust does not make your argument stronger. If anything, it weakens it.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Ah, gotcha--well that does help, actually. If you disagree, it's an important distinction to keep in mind.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I guess my question is why can't you just describe it as an atrocity? Something that needs moral reconsideration. Comparing it to the Holocaust does not make your argument stronger. If anything, it weakens it.
Abortion is far, far worse than the treatment the Jews went through.

Ah, gotcha--well that does help, actually. If you disagree, it's an important distinction to keep in mind.
This thread wasn't about saying which was worse.

You're just determined to disagree with everything.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you really believe that? It is kinda sad, really.

For a start, the Holocaust is finished. However, the US alone murders close to 1 million babies every year.

That's more than 2,700 today.

What is sad is your apathy.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's been explained in this thread that sometimes a comparison will open your eyes to how you should react about something.
csuGuy illustrated the concept of using comparison with an excellent example in post 227 about Nathan getting the reaction from King David about his feelings of someone having a lamb taken from them.
David was outraged about it!!!!
Nathan then told David that if he thought that was an outrage, then he should be just as outraged at himself because he did something just as bad, even worse.

Comparisons can be a very good learning tool. We shouldn't shuck comparisons just because both stories are horrific to hear.

Quetzal

It's been explained in this thread that sometimes a comparison will open your eyes to how you should react about something.
csuGuy illustrated the concept of using comparison with an excellent example in post 227 about Nathan getting the reaction from King David about his feelings of someone having a lamb taken from them.
David was outraged about it!!!!
Nathan then told David that if he thought that was an outrage, then he should be just as outraged at himself because he did something just as bad, even worse.

Comparisons can be a very good learning tool. We shouldn't shuck comparisons just because both stories are horrific to hear.
Christian folktales have no impact on me, next time you can save yourself some time. As far as comparisons, they should be "shucked" if they aren't accurate.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BO1wOUZCUAAq_uQ.jpg

Granite

Hall of Fame
Christian folktales have no impact on me, next time you can save yourself some time. As far as comparisons, they should be "shucked" if they aren't accurate.

Tambora came closest to explaining their insistence on the comparison, but nothing is lost--factually--if they quit with the "Well, Nazis" nonsense.

What is lost is a rhetorical trick, and an inaccurate one at that. Again, flimsy stuff.

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, maybe.

For this thread, who's your target audience?
It was really just kind of a billboard on the side of a busy highway. Got a lot of honks of approval, and a handful of bitter tomato throwers.
Maybe someone who hadn't really considered the subject drove by and realized that what is going on today with abortion is indeed a holocaust.

That, and anyone who can think of a difference between abortion and The Holocaust.

glassjester

It was really just kind of a billboard on the side of a busy highway. Got a lot of honks of approval, and a handful of bitter tomato throwers.
Maybe someone who hadn't really considered the subject drove by and realized that what is going on today with abortion is indeed a holocaust.

That, and anyone who can think of a difference between abortion and The Holocaust.

The amount of time for which the victims suffer is a huge difference, no?

Imprisonment, prolonged torture, hard labor, disease, starvation...

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
The amount of time for which the victims suffer is a huge difference, no?

Imprisonment, prolonged torture, hard labor, disease, starvation...
Often times, yes. Have you read any of the accounts of survivors? For many, Hitler’s solution wasn’t final. They tell of their imprisonment, prolonged torture, hard labor, disease, starvation. I’ve heard them speak against The Holocaust, pleading for it’s lessons to never be forgotten.

By contrast, there are very few survivors of abortion’s final solution (If Obama had his way, there’d be none). I once met Gianna Jessen, who survived a saline abortion. This “procedure” involves the removal of the protective fluid from the amniotic sac, and replacing it with a strong salt solution (saline). The baby swallows this final solution and is poisoned. His/her lungs are burned as well as the outer layer of skin. This is only done after 15 weeks (when there is enough amniotic fluid), well after the baby’s pain receptors have developed. Gianna Jessen was immersed for 18 hours in that tortuous environment. Somehow she survived that final solution and though she suffers from cerebral palsy as a result, she speaks against the abortion holocaust, pleading for it to end.

The difference you point out is valid yet perhaps another matter of scale (time). Victims of abortion and victims of The Holocaust suffer/suffered horribly.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Didn’t mind the fishing joke. It was kind of funny.
But it “did not contribute anything to effective and mature communication skills.” Your words against Strip for what, use of an emoticon?
You asked.
If there is an unwritten rule or consensus about injecting humor into these forums, so be it. But I think it is rather silly myself.

"Words against Stipe"? Can you be specific.

I aim for respectful confrontation and if you think I am negligent about this, please let me know. Criticism is one of the few ways I can learn "how others see me" and will help me mediate my responses through a more kinder way.