1 of 5 for GT to Debate (The entire book of Galatians)

ClimateSanity

Ask yourself this. Is obeying God simply a matter of complying with a law such as stopping at stop signs?

Or, is it getting a deeper understanding of who God is and his plan for your life and submitting to it?

That right there will solve much of this consternation.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Ask yourself this. Is obeying God simply a matter of complying with a time such as stopping at stop signs?

Or, is it getting a deeper understanding of who God is and his plan for your life and submitting to it?

That right there will solve much of this consternation.

Wise words! I know your source. [emoji6][emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Paul would not EVER tell anyone they only had to believe and do nothing else.

Most of these are from Paul.

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."

Rom. 3:22, "even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction."

Rom. 3:24, "being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;"

Rom. 3:26, "for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus."

Rom. 3:28-30, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.
29Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also,
30since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one."

Rom. 4:3, "For what does the Scripture say? "And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."

Rom. 4:5, "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness,"

Rom. 4:11, "And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also,"

Rom. 4:16, "Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all."

Rom. 5:1, "therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,"

Rom. 5:9, "Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him."

Rom. 9:30, "What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith."

Rom. 9:33, "just as it is written, “Behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense, And he who believes in Him will not be disappointed.”

Rom. 10:4, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."

Rom. 10:9-10, "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved;
10for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

Rom. 11:6, "But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace."

Gal. 2:16, "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."

Gal. 2:21, “I do not nullify the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.”

Gal.3:5-6, "Does He then, who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?
6Even so Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."

Gal. 3:8, "And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "All the nations shall be blessed in you."

Gal. 3:14, "in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

Gal. 3:22, "But the Scripture has shut up all men under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe."

Gal. 3:24, "Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith."

Eph. 1:13, "In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise."

Eph. 2:8, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God."

Phil. 3:9, "and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith."

1 Tim. 1:16, "And yet for this reason I found mercy, in order that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience, as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life."

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Read this next scripture carefully…

Hebrews 2:14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death--that is, the devil—

Did you read it? Jesus breaks the power of the devil---the devil that holds the power of death. What is the power of death? SIN is the power of death.

Read these next two scriptures…

1 Corinthians 15:54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."

1 Corinthians 15:55
"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"

Death is shown to have no more victory when we are raised from the dead and given immortal bodies.

Sin entered the world through Adam, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned. Adam and Eve became like God knowing good and evil. God said they must not be allowed to stretch out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.

However, through Jesus Christ, if we overcome sin to the end by faith in Jesus Christ, we will be able to take from the tree of life and live forever.

GT,

Jesus already overcame our sin for us!

You are sewing to the flesh.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
If inside that armor, inside your heart, is the same desire for sin, and you struggle with that desire, and have never stopped, then that lion is roaming around still inside you.

1 John 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

Read this scripture, there were Corinthian believers who sinned and needed to repent.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.

Revelation 2:5 Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

Read these scriptures, what are they being disciplined for if they did not make mistakes and sin?

1 Corinthians 11:32 When we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned with the world.

Hebrews 12:5 And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,

Hebrews 12:6 because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.”

Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

We are told to workout our salvation. If you are saved and do not have to obey, then why are we told to OBEY and to work out our salvation?

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

GT,

If we sew to the flesh by offering up our fallen flesh as a sacrifice, we will end up like Cain who was Jealous of Able.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
John 16:27

No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

(The Father's Love imputed out of belief.)

Epoisses

I misunderstood you before, but you now show me you are worse off than I thought.

Read this scripture and show me again what the letter does! lol

Romans 2:15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

You're so incompetent you don't even know the difference between the letter and the Spirit. The letter of the law is found in the Torah or the first five books of Moses and is summed by the Decalogue or the ten commandments. The law of the Spirit is written in the heart and is summed by the love of God revealed in the life of the believer. God's unconditional love that you reject shows what a reprobate legalist you are.

God's Truth

Most of these are from Paul.

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."

Rom. 3:22, "even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction."

Rom. 3:24, "being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;"

Rom. 3:26, "for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus."

Rom. 3:28-30, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.
29Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also,
30since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one."

Rom. 4:3, "For what does the Scripture say? "And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."

Rom. 4:5, "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness,"

Rom. 4:11, "And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also,"

Rom. 4:16, "Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all."

Rom. 5:1, "therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,"

Rom. 5:9, "Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him."

Rom. 9:30, "What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith."

Rom. 9:33, "just as it is written, “Behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense, And he who believes in Him will not be disappointed.”

Rom. 10:4, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."

Rom. 10:9-10, "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved;
10for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

Rom. 11:6, "But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace."

Gal. 2:16, "nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified."

Gal. 2:21, “I do not nullify the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.”

Gal.3:5-6, "Does He then, who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?
6Even so Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."

Gal. 3:8, "And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "All the nations shall be blessed in you."

Gal. 3:14, "in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

Gal. 3:22, "But the Scripture has shut up all men under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe."

Gal. 3:24, "Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith."

Eph. 1:13, "In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise."

Eph. 2:8, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God."

Phil. 3:9, "and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith."

1 Tim. 1:16, "And yet for this reason I found mercy, in order that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience, as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life."

How do you EVER get that the obey scriptures are nullified by the scriptures that say we have to believe?

Think about it.

God's Truth

You're so incompetent you don't even know the difference between the letter and the Spirit. The letter of the law is found in the Torah or the first five books of Moses and is summed by the Decalogue or the ten commandments. The law of the Spirit is written in the heart and is summed by the love of God revealed in the life of the believer. God's unconditional love that you reject shows what a reprobate legalist you are.

The Law is Spiritual. That means the Law is the Spirit. The Law was about JESUS.

When one receives the Holy Spirit, they have the Law written on their heart and mind.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Law is Spiritual. That means the Law is the Spirit. The Law was about JESUS.

When one receives the Holy Spirit, they have the Law written on their heart and mind.

I agree that the law is Spiritual, however, it is based on the Love of Jesus for ALL humanity, not the Stone precepts.

You reintegrate the judgment of the stone Law by holding your flesh and everyone else's flesh to every law outside of the ceremonial laws.

Love to God was challenged in First John by pointing out that if we hate our neighbor, we can't Love God whom we haven't seen.

You believe in human, salvational inequality, based on fleshly walk.

This is reducing repentance to flesh walk first, then you believe the Holy Spirit comes in.

You have also declared yourself sinless without question.

You use correct terms, but upon further observation, your heart on the matters is still based on judgment.

We only overcome in Spirit through Jesus's imputed perfection.

Overcomers, overcome because they have faith in Jesus alone.

This has nothing to do with measuring our fleshly walk against Jesus or others.

You believe that only sinless people will be in Heaven and that forgiveness is a sin, then repent and be perfect in the flesh matter until you mess up again.

This loads up the voucher theory. As in, someone could be in Jesus, but if they use up all their forgiveness vouchers, they will be cast away.

I have stressed that Jesus's Love is unconditional and you say it is conditional.

Am I misunderstanding you?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I agree with this. So obedience becomes automatic when this happens and I hate the word 'obedience' because it has been so perverted by people like you.

The only issue here is that GT means all of the Stone law, excluding the ceremonial laws and she believes humanity can be sinless in flesh.

I know her verbiage. I had a Sabbath keeping friend that said the law was spiritual too. GT would call Sabbath keeping legalistic, but GT genuinely believes that she can be as sinless as Jesus in the flesh.

This is why she talks a good game, but if you peel the shell of verbiage back, she really believes the narrow gate is a sinless life through "obedience."