Your opinion on God’s Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The lawful use of the law is to show someone BY THE SCRIPTURES that they need the Saviour. It certainly is not to show anyone that justification and/or righteousness come by it (Galatians 2:16 KJV. Galatians 2:21 KJV). To place yourself under it is to fall from grace (Galatians 5:4 KJV). Now, get on with the ministry of reconciliation! Show someone how that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV). Tell them how to be saved and sealed (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)!

The question is if unbelievers should be taught to obey God or if this is only for believers. Salvation is not by works is not disputed.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
So you advise that everyone learn a higher content language other than the mastery of their own native tongue ?

No. I've always insisted the contrary. But one must know how the structure of the English language affects human epistemology. English will either misrepresent the inspired text without English speakers realizing it, or it will explicitly express the exact content of the Greek text. The latter virtually never happens because of the former.

The problem is always presuming that one knows what one doesn't know. I could solve the problem in a few weeks with any individual Believer. I do it all the time and the truth changes lives. Ontologically.

What other languages can you speak and write fluently without help ?

German, from which much of English is derived for colloquial use. Why?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
So you advise that everyone learn a higher content language other than the mastery of their own native tongue ? What other languages can you speak and write fluently without help ?

And one does not have "mastery" over their own native tongue if one doesn't understand the necessary comparative structures of languages, especially for tranlsation.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And one does not have "mastery" over their own native tongue if one doesn't understand the necessary comparative structures of languages, especially for tranlsation.

Christianity is all about salvation.

Jesus taught us plainly and clearly without relying onto high education.

those who seem to claim to have secret knowledge or mysterious knowledge are making simple salvation so complicated.

Most denominations or organizations are guilty of doing this.

We can get overall Jesus' messages without relying on to scholars.

It is a grave sin to make simple salvation complicated.

this kind of thread is adding more confusion to already confused or chaotic Christianity.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is not about the works of the law. The Law contains commandment to love God and your neighbor.

Deuteronomy 6

5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

If you loved your neighbor, you would not steal his wallet. I can't wait for this one.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Deuteronomy 6

5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

If you loved your neighbor, you would not steal his wallet. I can't wait for this one.

There is no reason for you to take anyone's wallet.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no reason for you to take anyone's wallet.

You said it is not about works of the law. The Lord Jesus Christ said love God with all your heart, and your neighbor. And he said all the law hangs on this. What is your response to being shown that the law is love?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You said it is not about works of the law. The Lord Jesus Christ said love God with all your heart, and your neighbor. And he said all the law hangs on this. What is your response to being shown that the law is love?

Jesus observed and taught the Law. I have been telling people the Law is about love of God and love of your neighbor. This is stated, or found, in the Torah, the Law (the first five books of the Bible).

Epoisses

Jesus observed and taught the Law. I have been telling people the Law is about love of God and love of your neighbor. This is stated, or found, in the Torah, the Law (the first five books of the Bible).

The commandment to love in the law was fear based and nothing like the 'agape' love of Christ in the NT. Love in the Torah had to be performed just like all the other commandments but love in the NT is a gift of the Holy Spirit that is received by faith. I don't 'do' love, I receive it as a gift. You're a law monger and will never understand unconditional love.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The commandment to love in the law was fear based and nothing like the 'agape' love of Christ in the NT. Love in the Torah had to be performed just like all the other commandments but love in the NT is a gift of the Holy Spirit that is received by faith. I don't 'do' love, I receive it as a gift. You're a law monger and will never understand unconditional love.

Do you see that we are to love God and our neighbor, according to the Law and according to Jesus who observed and taught the Law? It has nothing to do with fear.

Epoisses

Do you see that we are to love God and our neighbor, according to the Law and according to Jesus who observed and taught the Law? It has nothing to do with fear.

You can't love because you're a sinner and you also reject the gospel so you can keep the law. Jesus said of people like you that you have left your first love and Paul said of people like you that you are fallen from grace.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You can't love because you're a sinner and you also reject the gospel so you can keep the law. Jesus said of people like you that you have left your first love and Paul said of people like you that you are fallen from grace.
I don't do any such thing. I accept the Law of Moses for that which it is, God's Law. I also believe the gospel.

Deuteronomy 6:5 NASB - 5 "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Leviticus 19:18 NASB - 18 'You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

Psalm 94:12 NASB - 12 Blessed is the man whom You chasten, O LORD, And whom You teach out of Your law;

Psalm 119:18 NASB - 18 Open my eyes, that I may behold Wonderful things from Your law.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 NASB - 19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more. 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some. 23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

Galatians 5:18 NASB - 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A lot of the Law was meant to discipline reprobates- it was basically government with a sleight of hand on Godly principle, but was merciless because Christ had yet to pay the blood price.

People make rocket science out of nothing :rolleyes:

SonOfCaleb

Your opinion on God’s Law. Do you believe God’s Law is only for pointing out sin in a person’s life so that they can understand their need for a Savior and be saved by God and Jesus? Or, do you believe God’s Law is also to be obeyed, or is also for our obedience?

There is no 'Law' anymore. The Mosaic Law is defunct. It served its purpose and has been superceded effectively by the 'Law' of Christ.

The Pharisees turned the Mosaic Law into a joke. They never worshipped nor taught in the 'spirit' of the Law but rather taught the letter of the Law adding many unscriptural laws and traditions that were cumbersome for the Israselites to observe. Thus the Pharisees with their man made intepretations trivialised the law of God which was a law of love.
The laws intent was never to point out who and who were not sinners. It was there to provide council and guidance so the Israelites could remain a consecrated and holy people before God setting an example for the surrounding nations.
Faithful Abraham, Job, Enoch, Noah, Jacob, Issac etc all were men of faith who as according to Paul lived according to the 'Law' and yet none of those men had the Mosaic Law to observe. Thus the theme we see throughout the scriptures is obedience to God brings blessings. We see this in the history of the Jews when they were obedient as well as Jesus sentiments in the Greek Scriptures at Matthew 23:23 "but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness".

Epoisses

I don't do any such thing. I accept the Law of Moses for that which it is, God's Law. I also believe the gospel.

Deuteronomy 6:5 NASB - 5 "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Leviticus 19:18 NASB - 18 'You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

Psalm 94:12 NASB - 12 Blessed is the man whom You chasten, O LORD, And whom You teach out of Your law;

Psalm 119:18 NASB - 18 Open my eyes, that I may behold Wonderful things from Your law.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 NASB - 19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more. 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some. 23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

Galatians 5:18 NASB - 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.

The last verse refutes everything you said, lol.

WE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW!