Your opinion on God’s Law.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Rev 20:14-15 ("2nd death" and banishing from kingdom and restraining--they can't leave the lake of fire)

Good post, but just to clarify, it is death and hades that are cast into the lake of fire. This means the people are dead, not alive.

Cremation - ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts. (Malachi 4:1-3 KJV)​

Aletheiophile

then why do you have problem obeying Jesus' law?

I don't have a problem. I have a problem with codifying the written ordinances and applying them as if they are still physically necessary. They are impossible without the Temple rituals, which cannot be observed. Christ is the temple, priest, prophet, king. I am in Him. He fulfills the law.

It's as simple as that.

Aletheiophile

What do you mean?

I say it's not about the individual commands, and you say it's about the commands. It's not about the codification of do-don'ts. It has always been about fulfilling the heart of God and being reconciled in covenant, which is all available in Christ.

The ordinances of the Mosaic covenant were about maintaining holiness and purity in the covenant because the condition of sin was not completely covered. Now it is in Christ. Therefore, no need to legalistically follow it.

The bigger problem is the height of sin, not the depth of sin. It is really simple to understand not to commit egregious acts such as rape, murder, or theft. But the height of sin in self-righteousness? Simply following the letter of the law will not and cannot take care of that. Only Christ can.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I don't have a problem. I have a problem with codifying the written ordinances and applying them as if they are still physically necessary. They are impossible without the Temple rituals, which cannot be observed. Christ is the temple, priest, prophet, king. I am in Him. He fulfills the law.

It's as simple as that.
I am talking about most churches not to respect Jesus' teachings with so many doctrines like OSAS, predestination and so on.

You don't seem to have problem with it.

I understand that Jacob does not seem to get the idea that many of OT law was abolished by Jesus.

He is mixing with OT law and Jesus' law. They are not the same.

OT law is more than just love God and love one another.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I say it's not about the individual commands, and you say it's about the commands. It's not about the codification of do-don'ts. It has always been about fulfilling the heart of God and being reconciled in covenant, which is all available in Christ.

The ordinances of the Mosaic covenant were about maintaining holiness and purity in the covenant because the condition of sin was not completely covered. Now it is in Christ. Therefore, no need to legalistically follow it.

The bigger problem is the height of sin, not the depth of sin. It is really simple to understand not to commit egregious acts such as rape, murder, or theft. But the height of sin in self-righteousness? Simply following the letter of the law will not and cannot take care of that. Only Christ can.

I want to follow the law.

The important thing about the commands in Torah is that they are not to be excluded when we describe what Torah, God's instruction, is about.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't have a problem. I have a problem with codifying the written ordinances and applying them as if they are still Christ is the temple, priest, prophet, king. I am in Him.

And we are the temple, priests, prophets, kings. Everything Christ is, so are we. We are his human manifestation on earth.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I want to follow the law.

But you don't. For instance: "Three times a year all your males shall appear before the LORD your God in the place which He chooses: at the Feast of Unleavened Bread, at the Feast of Weeks, and at the Feast of Tabernacles; and they shall not appear before the LORD empty-handed." (Deuteronomy 16:16)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus summed up the Law and the Prophets as love toward God and love toward neighbor. He knew the law because he gave it through Moses.

OT law is more than that. they have sacrificial laws which Jesus abolished.

Have you read the Leviticus? there are tons of laws.

Jesus' followers don't have to observe them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
But you don't. For instance: "Three times a year all your males shall appear before the LORD your God in the place which He chooses: at the Feast of Unleavened Bread, at the Feast of Weeks, and at the Feast of Tabernacles; and they shall not appear before the LORD empty-handed." (Deuteronomy 16:16)

In that I don't go to Jerusalem and have never been to Israel, you are correct. But I do keep the feasts.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In that I don't go to Jerusalem and have never been to Israel, you are correct. But I do keep the feasts.

But not in the place which God chose, which is a part of the law you don't keep. You're just kidding yourself. Read it again.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
But not in the place which God chose, which is a part of the law you don't keep. You're just kidding yourself. Read it again.

jamie,

I would love to go to Israel, but I have never been. If I lived in Israel then I would need to go to Jerusalem. As it is I live in the United States of America.

Jews around the world keep Passover without being in Jerusalem. So it is not a foreign idea.