you might have life through His name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
John 20:31 KJV - But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Do you see this clear verse, "saved" Christians?

According to this verse, you cannot be sure of your salvation.

His followers have the hope of eternal life.

So you guys are delusioned.

This is the most clear and simple verse of salvation that no one can twist it.

marhig

Yes and here's some verses from the apostle a Paul who many follow

Titus 1

In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began

Titus 3

That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

2 Thessalonians 5

But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

And this

Romans 13

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

And this

Philippians 2

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

1 Timothy 4

Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

nikolai_42

That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;

Hebrews 6:18-19

Reactions: Lon

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Revi'i (Fourth) 12-27. It is Yom, Day.

should might do

it is in Him that we have life if we do

the word might here does not indicate that you might have life in His name (or through His name)

it indicates or says that you can will or do have life in Jesus Christ possibly (external to the text, or apart or away from the text) through what John wrote meaning if you are John's audience and you don't already you can or do

It was written so that you can and do

If you have read it and you don't then you still can

If you believe or believed what you have read then you can or do if you don't already from reading it or from something you learned or read about Jesus before or beforehand that would yield the same result, your salvation in Jesus (in Jesus Christ).

Shalom.

Jacob

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;

what's your point?

glorydaz

No, these are written that you might have life.....not everyone will read and not everyone will believe.

Try again, Meshak.

glorydaz

Yes and here's some verses from the apostle a Paul who many follow

Titus 1

In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began

Titus 3

That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

2 Thessalonians 5

But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

And this

Romans 13

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

And this

Philippians 2

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

1 Timothy 4

Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

This is what happens when you cherry pick.....you end up with cherries without the pie.

Context....context.....context.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
GD,

You dismiss or ignore all those clear and simple verses.

Just because you ignore, does not make you are right.

You cannot even twist it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

So you just skip or dismiss those verses we provided?

Your verse does not say you have self assurance of salvation.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You used the word “might” to say that salvation isn’t certain. The passage in Hebrews makes it a certain thing. Someone who is always questioning their salvation isn’t trusting something “steadfast and sure”

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

so convenient.

glorydaz

Yes, you did but that does not say you have secured eternal life no matter what.

Your reading is so out of context with many of Jesus' word.

My reading is based upon what the Risen Lord Jesus Christ revealed to the Apostle Paul. The Risen Lord revealed this to Paul.....

Romans 3:21-22 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:​

After He had completed His work on the cross, something wonderful was accomplished. But, you deny all He accomplished.

Those who believe in Him and His death, burial, and resurrection have eternal life. That's the GRACE of God that was revealed AFTER the Cross....a Gift that is freely given to those who trust in Him as the ONLY SAVIOUR.

You don't have a clue what you're missing, and claiming it doesn't exist, is just burying your head in the sand.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My reading is based upon what the Risen Lord Jesus Christ revealed to the Apostle Paul. The Risen Lord revealed this to Paul.....

Romans 3:21-22 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:​

After He had completed His work on the cross, something wonderful was accomplished. But, you deny all He accomplished.

Those who believe in Him and His death, burial, and resurrection have eternal life. That's the GRACE of God that was revealed AFTER the Cross....a Gift that is freely given to those who trust in Him as the ONLY SAVIOUR.

You don't have a clue what you're missing, and claiming it doesn't exist, is just burying your head in the sand.

Your reading is still out of context with many of Jesus' word.

Status
Not open for further replies.