you might have life through His name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

Your reading is still out of context with many of Jesus' word.

That's because when Jesus came to walk among us, He came to the Jews. They got first chance....but they blew it. So, he opened up the door to the Gentiles, and the message was not exactly the same. The Gentiles didn't even know who the Messiah was. They didn't know He was supposed to come and sit on David's Throne. Of course many of Jesus' words were different when He came to the lost sheep of Israel.

You act like you've never been told this before. :nono:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That's because when Jesus came to walk among us, He came to the Jews. They got first chance....but they blew it. So, he opened up the door to the Gentiles, and the message was not exactly the same. The Gentiles didn't even know who the Messiah was. They didn't know He was supposed to come and sit on David's Throne. Of course many of Jesus' words were different when He came to the lost sheep of Israel.

You act like you've never been told this before. :nono:

Still out of context.

You cannot refute my claim.

glorydaz

Still out of context.

You cannot refute my claim.

Your claim? That we might have life in His name?

Yep, and you might, too, if you confess Him as Lord and God as Thomas did.

I'll put your quote back in it's context for you.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.​

You can't have life in His name, if you don't call Him your LORD AND GOD.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Your claim? That we might have life in His name?

Yep, and you might, too, if you confess Him as Lord and God as Thomas did.

I'll put your quote back in it's context for you.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.​

You can't have life in His name, if you don't call Him your LORD AND GOD.

This is not trinity thread. Please dont change the topic just because you cannot refute.

glorydaz

So your reject Jesus' word?

You did. Admit you're wrong. Read it and weep.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You did. Admit you're wrong. Read it and weep.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Still out of context.

Bradley D

Do you see this clear verse, "saved" Christians?

According to this verse, you cannot be sure of your salvation.

His followers have the hope of eternal life.

So you guys are delusioned.

This is the most clear and simple verse of salvation that no one can twist it.

"For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame" (Hebrews 4-6).

Apparently there were those who fell away. All Christians will be tempted. Although the Word tells me I will not be tempted beyond that which I can stand. It does not mean some do not fall.

glorydaz

Your tactic is so old, lady.

No, your cowardice is getting old. You're afraid to admit you're dead wrong.

Your OP...."you might have life through His name".

I showed you that verse is talking about Thomas calling Jesus Lord and God. You hate that, because you deny He is Lord and God. You're the one who brought the verse up for discussion, and you won't even discuss it.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.​

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved. Acts 16:31

Deny Him and you will die in your sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.