World War III

SonOfCaleb

I don't have a solid answer for that. I'm just getting into these things (so late, I feel!).

You?

Daniel along with Revelation are my two favourite books. That said the King of the South is the Anglo American world power. The UK & the USA. The King of the Norths identity hasnt been fully revealed yet but in my opinion its likely to be Russia. These are the two figurative Kings who have engaged in a the 'pushing and shoving' Daniel describes since post WWII.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Daniel along with Revelation are my two favourite books. That said the King of the South is the Anglo American world power. The UK & the USA. The King of the Norths identity hasnt been fully revealed yet but in my opinion its likely to be Russia. These are the two figurative Kings who have engaged in a the 'pushing and shoving' Daniel describes since post WWII.

What kind of JW are you? We all know the king of the south is Egypt and the king of the north is Iran.

There is wide agreement Daniel 11, prior to verse 36, is prophesying ancient history, because those things did happen already. The king of the north is Assyria and king of the south Egypt. As to their identity in eschatological terms, starting verse 36 of the antichrist, the most learned person I've studied on Daniel supposed the king of the north may be Russia, and the king of the south may be Egypt, but, again, nobody knows. It's an instance, like the identity of the antichrist, where things will only become clearer as they actually unfold, otherwise we have a lot of speculation that's usually wrong.

I've always preferred, in the final analysis, "I don't know" to speculation, because being wrong in these things is a wasteland, worse can slander nations in vague scripture of national boogeymen, like the wingnuts who insist Putin is Gog. Consider this: how very evil a slander is it to claim somebody is Gog, or the antichrist, or anything such, and be wrong, how evil to even venture such a claim without absolute certainty? That's damnable lying! The word "devil" means slanderer, the false prophet more like Gog or the antichrist than their victims in such very real terms. Also, there are many charlatans selling books or DVDs, YouTube clicks, liars, who claim they know these things that are merely sucking gullible people in for money, just false prophets.

I do recall reading a well presented, interesting theory somebody had maybe worth mentioning, based on coalitions mentioned throughout scripture and alignments of nations today, that the king of the north could be a coalition of nearer north Muslim nations, likewise the south Egypt or a Muslim coalition of Africa. There are mentions of the nations surrounding Israel, in Old Testament eschatology, out the wazoo, a ton of regional turmoil in the end days, the Lord dealing with these warring enemies of Israel. I've always found some such maybes more probable than others, but would also say, for myself, I cease to dwell on things that can't absolutely be known, believing it a waste of time and perhaps even perverting one's thinking to subscribe to fictions: if somebody is wrong, they're wrong, and the whole line of thinking is just kaput, nowhere, what's worse could entirely skew your view of real scripture truth: you refuse to think outside the box, because you're prejudiced towards a wrong view. I think it's better to concentrate on truths that can be known, to dwell on those things, would also hasten to add many of these people selling bestsellers, of sensational prophecy claims, are frauds, have stuffed prophecy into fantasies they've invented that scripture, itself, disputes, even well disputes, on close examination of the whole of scripture. They're just leading people astray with fictions, and making a lot of money doing it, gullible people chasing these so-called expert frauds in the millions.

2 Peter 2

1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

SonOfCaleb

What kind of JW are you? We all know the king of the south is Egypt and the king of the north is Iran.

I'm a Jehovahs Witness JW......Our understanding of the scripture is clearly different. Next time a JW knocks on your door ask them who the King of the South is. In fact have a look through our literature on jw.org and you'll see who we think the King of the South is.

Bearing in mind the passage im refering to covers "the time of the end" EG the time period we are now living in, how have you come to the conclusion that that the King of the South is Egypt and the North Iran? How have they demonstrated to you to be the two Kings engaged in conflict since WW1?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson had some encouraging words today regarding N. Korea. He said our goal is to be in negotiations with KJ Un

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'm a Jehovahs Witness JW......Our understanding of the scripture is clearly different. Next time a JW knocks on your door ask them who the King of the South is. In fact have a look through our literature on jw.org and you'll see who we think the King of the South is.

Bearing in mind the passage im referring to covers "the time of the end" EG the time period we are now living in, how have you come to the conclusion that that the King of the South is Egypt and the North Iran? How have they demonstrated to you to be the two Kings engaged in conflict since WW1?
well Egypt is going to whip the pants off Russia in the next few years and take over all of eastern Europe. Then Iran is going to nuke the USA and take over all of western Europe. The middle East will side with Egypt and lose the war.

When Iran wins, a Coup d'état will happen and the original Hebrews will rule again, and be the king of the word, until Jesus come and gives them whipping.

Nothing in the Bible mentions Russia or the USA, you are making that up in your own mind, which is satanic.

I doubt the JWs would like me, as they do not accept the Trinity, they were chased from my old ranch home by shotgun, because they did trespass to land, a tort, by sneaking behind me when I opened the big metal farm gate onto our private land. They were lucky to get away.:car::mad:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
well Egypt is going to whip the pants off Russia in the next few years and take over all of eastern Europe. Then Iran is going to nuke the USA and take over all of western Europe. The middle East will side with Egypt and lose the war.

Nuh uh, you're confusing Egypt with Ethiopia. The Ethiopians are gonna' change their spots and invade Sheba and Dedan. Little Sheba will win out and become Queen of da' Nile. All along the watchtower princes kept the view. There shall be tussles and skirmishes until the end.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Nuh uh, you're confusing Egypt with Ethiopia. The Ethiopians are gonna' change their spots and invade Sheba and Dedan. Little Sheba will win out and become Queen of da' Nile. All along the watchtower princes kept the view. There shall be tussles and skirmishes until the end.

I think little Sheba is an Iranian spy?

DavidK

There is wide agreement Daniel 11, prior to verse 36, is prophesying ancient history, because those things did happen already. The king of the north is Assyria and king of the south Egypt. As to their identity in eschatological terms, starting verse 36 of the antichrist, the most learned person I've studied on Daniel supposed the king of the north may be Russia, and the king of the south may be Egypt, but, again, nobody knows. It's an instance, like the identity of the antichrist, where things will only become clearer as they actually unfold, otherwise we have a lot of speculation that's usually wrong.

It's good to be sober, especially as the day approaches. But you do acknowledge that it should become clearer as the we get closer, so a blanket "nobody knows" could be equally as dangerous, depending on the hour.
I've always preferred, in the final analysis, "I don't know" to speculation, because being wrong in these things is a wasteland, worse can slander nations in vague scripture of national boogeymen, like the wingnuts who insist Putin is Gog. Consider this: how very evil a slander is it to claim somebody is Gog, or the antichrist, or anything such, and be wrong, how evil to even venture such a claim without absolute certainty? That's damnable lying! The word "devil" means slanderer, the false prophet more like Gog or the antichrist than their victims in such very real terms. Also, there are many charlatans selling books or DVDs, YouTube clicks, liars, who claim they know these things that are merely sucking gullible people in for money, just false prophets.

The danger is getting stuck in the safe place of "I don't know". At some point, a generation will be expected to know. We need to watch, pray, and be ready.

I do recall reading a well presented, interesting theory somebody had maybe worth mentioning, based on coalitions mentioned throughout scripture and alignments of nations today, that the king of the north could be a coalition of nearer north Muslim nations, likewise the south Egypt or a Muslim coalition of Africa. There are mentions of the nations surrounding Israel, in Old Testament eschatology, out the wazoo, a ton of regional turmoil in the end days, the Lord dealing with these warring enemies of Israel. I've always found some such maybes more probable than others, but would also say, for myself, I cease to dwell on things that can't absolutely be known, believing it a waste of time and perhaps even perverting one's thinking to subscribe to fictions: if somebody is wrong, they're wrong, and the whole line of thinking is just kaput, nowhere, what's worse could entirely skew your view of real scripture truth: you refuse to think outside the box, because you're prejudiced towards a wrong view. I think it's better to concentrate on truths that can be known, to dwell on those things, would also hasten to add many of these people selling bestsellers, of sensational prophecy claims, are frauds, have stuffed prophecy into fantasies they've invented that scripture, itself, disputes, even well disputes, on close examination of the whole of scripture. They're just leading people astray with fictions, and making a lot of money doing it, gullible people chasing these so-called expert frauds in the millions.

2 Peter 2

1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

A good word about false prophets. We know them by their fruit. Certainly fear, dependence on the prophet rather than God, and the selling of the gifts of the Spirit are not good fruit.

Interesting, though, that the picture painted of false prophets throughout scripture is not one of people crying a warning of the imminent day of the Lord. It's a picture of people speaking peace and safety to a people who would do well to repent and return to God.