Why Your Faith in a Doctrine or a Religion Will NOT Save You

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no "until," but there is also no "do" or "don't." Our argument is one of interpretation. To claim an addition or subtraction to Scripture is false, as neither of us have done this.

Paul and Peter don't even oppose. There is a creation of dichotomy, imposed by the doctrine you are proposing. If one accepts all Scripture as true, neither oppose the other, but they work in unison.
Come on!
They do oppose.
Telling no man is opposed to telling any man.
If you tell any man, you have opposed telling no man, because that is the exact opposite of telling no man.

And it has nothing to do imposing on MAD doctrine, as MAD does not even start until Paul is converted.
And the "do and don't tell" happened before that.

Jesus' instructions to His 12 were different from the instructions given to Paul.
There were similarities AND differences.
And it's those differences which make them not the same.

Just as there are similarities and differences between the old covenant and new covenant, yet both are used in history to achieve GOD's goal (circumcision of the flesh being one).
Doesn't make the old covenant a lie.
Just different instructions for different times.

A contradiction would be pitting a truth with a lie.
Opposition does not pit a truth against a lie, but changes the rules all together.
When playing baseball, one will hit the ball with a bat, and the opposition will not try to hit the ball, but try to catch the ball.
They don't contradict (as both are within the whole complete game), they just oppose.
Both teams are in the game, but both teams oppose what the other is doing.
Opposition within the game, but no contradiction within the game.

heir

TOL Subscriber
By your words, Paul had a different gospel: Which would make it contrary to that taught by Christ. This makes no sense, since he came bearing the "gospel of Christ."
Not by my words, but by the pure and preserved words of the Lord in Galatians 2:7 KJV that I cited before, there are two gospels.

As to what the Lord preached: For three years the Lord on earth preached the gospel of the kingdom yet that obviously did not include the why of the cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as not only had He not yet died, but our gospel was kept secret at that time according to the wisdom of God in a mystery and Paul tells us why (Romans 16:25-26 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

There are a lot of gospels in the Bible and they were all true to whom they were preached unto, but they weren't all preached unto us and they certainly were not all the same good news (Galatians 1:8-9 KJV).

The gospel of our salvation is that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). That was not preached by the Lord on earth or the 12 as the power of God. Paul received it by revelation of Jesus Christ, it was committed to/given to and preached by Paul and those who accompanied him only after he made it known to them (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV, Romans 9:17 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV, Ephesians 3:8-9 KJV).

jsanford108

Not by my words, but by the pure and preserved words of the Lord in Galatians 2:7 KJV that I cited before, there are two gospels.

As to what the Lord preached: For three years the Lord on earth preached the gospel of the kingdom yet that obviously did not include the why of the cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as not only had He not yet died, but our gospel was kept secret at that time according to the wisdom of God in a mystery and Paul tells us why (Romans 16:25-26 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

There are a lot of gospels in the Bible and they were all true to whom they were preached unto, but they weren't all preached unto us and they certainly were not all the same good news (Galatians 1:8-9 KJV).

The gospel of our salvation is that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). That was not preached by the Lord on earth or the 12 as the power of God. Paul received it by revelation of Jesus Christ, it was committed to/given to and preached by Paul and those who accompanied him only after he made it known to them (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV, Romans 9:17 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV, Ephesians 3:8-9 KJV).

You are wrong. Galatians 1:6-10.

Why would Paul say there is only one Gospel, then declare another? There is no logic there, or it would create a paradox in one's statement, losing credibility.

You are trying to make the Scriptures say something that they do not. You are trying to fit Scriptures into doctrine, rather than deriving doctrine from Scripture. That is the only reason one would make the claims you suggest, despite contrary evidence found in Scripture. (Which makes me wonder which doctrines you hold)

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Epoisses

There are different gospels but not the way Dispy's frame it. All of the apostles had a unique understanding of the gospel. Paul's was similar but not the same as Peter's which was similar but not the same as John's and so on. Salvation by faith in Christ is the same in every gospel. John had more of a focus on love. James had more of a focus on works. Paul had more of a focus on grace. They're all similar but not the same.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Getting back on topic this verse is very important.

Mar 10:27
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

jsanford108

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

I would say every verse is important.

Just kidding. We all hate those people who have to "one-up" everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

heir

TOL Subscriber
You are wrong. Galatians 1:6-10.

Why would Paul say there is only one Gospel, then declare another?
Where did Paul EVER say there is only one gospel? I'll save you the trouble of looking: he didn't!

You are trying to make the Scriptures say something that they do not.
Nope. I believe all of the Bible. It means what it says as it says it and to whom.

You are trying to fit Scriptures into doctrine, rather than deriving doctrine from Scripture.
Show where I have done anything, but believe what it says as it says it and to whom.
That is the only reason one would make the claims you suggest, despite contrary evidence found in Scripture.
I'm believing what it says, as it says it and to whom. You are the one dismissing what it plainly states. Did you even look over the verses cited?
(Which makes me wonder which doctrines you hold)
I hold fast the form of sound words that I have heard of Paul in Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV) and charge some that they teach no other doctrine to us (1 Timothy 1:3 KJV)!

heir

TOL Subscriber

What topic? This citing has to do with what they had to do to inherit eternal life. Did you see the list of things they had to do?! Holy moly! Thank God we have the gift of God which is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord minus any work of our own (Romans 6:23 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Titus 3:5-7 KJV)!

God's Truth

What topic? This citing has to do with what they had to do to inherit eternal life. Did you see the list of things they had to do?! Holy moly! Thank God we have the gift of God which is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord minus any work of our own (Romans 6:23 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Titus 3:5-7 KJV)!

None of those scriptures say we do not have to obey and repent of sins.

The Gentiles were dead in their sins means God saved the Gentiles without making them get circumcised first, for the Jews did the ceremonial works to clean themselves so that they would not be dead in their sins.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Did you read that? UNcircumcision of your flesh. Circumcision is the sign of the purification/ceremonial works. The Gentiles didn't clean themselves to worship God, they were dead in their sins.

We always have to obey God, we just do not have to clean ourselves and get circumcised in the flesh anymore.

People misunderstand Paul. People think Paul preached another gospel where he glorifies non-obedience.

God's Truth

Titus 3:5-7. We used to have to wash ourselves; since Jesus, he does the washing. That is grace. Grace is that we no longer have to wash ourselves and sacrifice animals just to go to a temple to worship God, for Jesus' blood washes us and we become the temple.

We always have to obey Jesus, we just don't have to get circumcised and sacrifice animals.

Bradley D

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled" (Mt. 5:17-18).

Heaven earth have not passed away yet. If not for the law we would not know sin. Jesus fulfilled the law because He was fully human and divine. Therefore Christ is our High Priest in heaven. To ignore the law is will lead to sin. The OT is an example of how the people failed. We need to learn from their mistakes.

God's Truth

Anyone who wants to be saved by the Creator of all seen and unseen will be motivated to OBEY God to be saved, eventually, if they want to be saved.

God's Truth

It says, "all things which are written in the book of the law...". You can't get around it, but boy do you keep trying like a weasel!

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Now what are you going to do because you and I both know you are NOT doing it all?

The whole old law went together---that means the works of the law went with the WHOLE LAW.

Paul is explaining how we no longer have to get circumcised, not how we no longer have to obey anything!