Why men won't marry you

elohiym

Single guys, if I was lying on my death bed today, I would be surrounded by my loving wife and seven children. If I live to be an old man, I will have at least that many people who will care for me when I cannot care for myself. It's either them doing it or I better have a lot of money to pay strangers to care for me. Marriage and children are God's social security, a form more secure than whatever you are presently planning for retirement alone.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Single guys, if I was lying on my death bed today, I would be surrounded by my loving wife and seven children. If I live to be an old man, I will have at least that many people who will care for me when I cannot care for myself. It's either them doing it or I better have a lot of money to pay strangers to care for me. Marriage and children are God's social security, a form more secure than whatever you are presently planning for retirement alone.

:thumb: That's the way it's supposed to be. A credit to you.

Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life (1 Pe 3:7A, ESV).

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
My prayer is that all these single young men find a good wife and have many children.

:thumb: He that hath found a good wife, hath found a good thing, and shall receive a pleasure from the Lord. He that driveth away a good wife, driveth away a good thing: but he that keepeth an adulteress, is foolish and wicked (Pr 18:22, DRB).

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The Bible says one may put away his wife only for formication. That's it. Nothing else.

It also says this:

1 Corinthians 7:15 Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.

TrakeM

If I married, I would have AT BEST a 50% chance of someone taking care of me in my old age. More realistically, a 20% chance. Let's not pretend marriage is for life or that wives can't just kick husbands out of the family without consequences. Marriage and love can go together, but usually don't.

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
If I married, I would have AT BEST a 50% chance of someone taking care of me in my old age. More realistically, a 20% chance. Let's not pretend marriage is for life or that wives can't just kick husbands out of the family without consequences. Marriage and love can go together, but usually don't.

It takes a very good loving woman to not take advantage if family law in America. A guy must be a saint and more (hen pecked) and keep her interested if he wants to remain financially whole and have his kids. Good luck finding that woman in America.

OCTOBER23

Your Desire shall be for your husband.

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception;

in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children;

and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

HisServant

It also says this:

1 Corinthians 7:15 Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.

This seems to be convienently forgotten by those to use scripture as a blunt instrument instead of modeling Christ.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Our culture does not value marriage (Heb 13:4, Eccl 8:11, 9:1, Jer 16:2).] "Usually our culture is stupid, but every now and again it gets something right."

There's nothing wrong with marriage (Mt 19:6, 1 Pe 3:7, 1 Co 13:8). :straight: There's something wrong with man (2 Ti 3:13). :freak:

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Tell that to the family court judge. Somehow I doubt it will matter.

It won't matter (Mic 7:3). This culture does not value marriage (Heb 13:4).
images
They will appear before their judge one day to give an account (1 Pe 4:5).

Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil (Eccl 8:11).