Why Left-Handedness Must Be Criminalized

quip

BANNED
Banned
Each moment that a left-handed person chooses not to work on their right-handedness, they do, implicitly, choose to continue to be left-handed.

Nice semantics at work here....In other words though, they "choose" to stay with their natural, left-handed instinct.

This is a good parallel.

I agree.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Perhaps you will explain to an old unbeliever like me why I should conclude that right or wrong is anything to do with which gender happens to be sexually appealing?

If you check the word "sinister" concerns the left side.

adjective
1. threatening or portending evil, harm, or trouble; ominous:
a sinister remark.
2. bad, evil, base, or wicked; fell:
his sinister purposes.
3. unfortunate; disastrous; unfavorable:
a sinister accident.
4. of or on the left side; left.
5. Heraldry. noting the side of an escutcheon or achievement of arms that is to the left of the bearer (opposed to dexter ).

In the past left-handedness was thought to be associated with evil and the devil, so left handed children were made to be right handed.
This of course was a ridiculous and religious presumption just as persecuting of those who just happen to be gay often is today, notwithstanding those who just are homophobic without any religious prompting of course.

According to gay people themselves it was no choice which sex attracts them innately, despite any perceived mechanical mismatch.

According to cleptomaniacs they cant resist the urge to steal too, does that make stealing ok?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Why do they not choose to become right-handed then?

Because their is no moral or practical reason compelling them to do so.

If there was a morally or practically compelling reason to be right-handed, then the difficulty (even if it was impossible!) of making the switch would not serve as a reason against doing so, would it?

People make difficult moral choices all the time. In fact, almost without exception, a moral action is more difficult to perform than an immoral one.

I started out left handed and after being repeatedly smacked in the hand by my 1st grade teacher and told to hold my pencil in the correct hand, i learned how to switch that up right fast and learn her way. I cant hardly do jack with my left hand now.

alwight

According to cleptomaniacs they cant resist the urge to steal too, does that make stealing ok?
Yes but only if someone else isn't deprived of their property. :plain:

I started out left handed and after being repeatedly smacked in the hand by my 1st grade teacher and told to hold my pencil in the correct hand, i learned how to switch that up right fast and learn her way. I cant hardly do jack with my left hand now.
I feel sorry for the unwarranted mindless abuse you suffered as a child.:(
If you had simply remained left handed what great harm would have befallen you or anyone else? What makes the right hand the "correct" hand?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yes but only if someone else isn't deprived of their property. :plain:

I feel sorry for the unwarranted mindless abuse you suffered as a child.:(

If you had simply remained left handed what great harm would have befallen you or anyone else?
I don't guess anything other than i would have had a much more hurtful and possibly eventually useless hand.

What makes the right hand the "correct" hand?
Beats me, but considering untill just not far recently, most lefties just had to learn to deal with right handed nearly everything.

This all of course though has no bearing on sexual issues. A penis and a vagina are only designed one way and a rectum is a waste receptacle - and sperm without an egg doesnt a baby make.

Its an apple and oranges comparison - and a pretty lame one at that, since we are talking about design.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
If being for gay rights and depoloring anti-gay bigotry makes you a "pervert ", I'm PROUD to be a pervert !