Why Jews Don't Accept Jesus?

Ben Masada

Why Jews don't Accept Jesus?

You say you don't accept him, but then you say you do. Well which is it? Plus you never bothered to explain, as you say, "what he really is." I personally don't refer to him as a what but rather as a who. So, who do you say he is? I personally agree with Peter.

I say that Jesus is dead. And mind you, for about 2000 years already but, what can I do? Almost impossible to fight faith that does not need evidences to prove what they believe.

iamaberean

I say that Jesus is dead. And mind you, for about 2000 years already but, what can I do? Almost impossible to fight faith that does not need evidences to prove what they believe.

New Testament tells me that without faith it is impossible to please God.

In the Old Testament it says about the same thing:

Deu 32:20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

If one has faith God will give the evidence. It doesn't work the other way around!

Ben Masada

1 - New Testament tells me that without faith it is impossible to please God.

2 - In the Old Testament it says about the same thing: Deu 32:20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith.

3 - If one has faith God will give the evidence. It doesn't work the other way around!

1 - The god of Paul. A god too hard to understand. Hence, he implied that we did not have to understand to walk by faith. (II Cor. 5:7)

2 - Not quite the same thing. The Jews prefer to walk by sight than by faith. (II Cor. 5:7) They prefer to understand the way they walk and whereto. Hence Deut. 4:6 "This great nation is truly a wise and intelligent People."

3 - That's what you think! If we express the desire to learn, the Lord will allow us the evidence of faith.

HisServant

1 - The god of Paul. A god too hard to understand. Hence, he implied that we did not have to understand to walk by faith. (II Cor. 5:7)

2 - Not quite the same thing. The Jews prefer to walk by sight than by faith. (II Cor. 5:7) They prefer to understand the way they walk and whereto. Hence Deut. 4:6 "This great nation is truly a wise and intelligent People."

3 - That's what you think! If we express the desire to learn, the Lord will allow us the evidence of faith.

I don't find Paul hard to understand at all.

iamaberean

The LORD Jehovah did not tell Abraham to study, he said:
Gen 15:5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
Gen 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
Abraham believed, and I will tell you assuredly that today Abraham knows what he first had to believe by faith.

Moses didn't believe and look what happened:

Deu 1:29 Then I said unto you, Dread not, neither be afraid of them.
Deu 1:30 The LORD your God which goeth before you, he shall fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes;
Deu 1:31 And in the wilderness, where thou hast seen how that the LORD thy God bare thee, as a man doth bear his son, in all the way that ye went, until ye came into this place.
Deu 1:32 Yet in this thing ye did not believe the LORD your God,
Deu 1:33 Who went in the way before you, to search you out a place to pitch your tents in, in fire by night, to shew you by what way ye should go, and in a cloud by day.
Deu 1:34 And the LORD heard the voice of your words, and was wroth, and sware, saying,
Deu 1:35 Surely there shall not one of these men of this evil generation see that good land, which I sware to give unto your fathers,

Jesus said here is how we will see the promise land:
Joh 11:21 Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
Joh 11:22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.
Joh 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Joh 11:27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

Again, One must say "Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world."

Last edited:

Ben Masada

The LORD Jehovah did not tell Abraham to study, he said:
Gen 15:5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
Gen 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
Abraham believed, and I will tell you assuredly that today Abraham knows what he first had to believe by faith.

Abraham was chosen and taken for righteous on account of his works. (James 2:21) Faith without the works of the Law is as good as a body without the breath of life; dead if you know what James meant. (James 2:26)

iamaberean

Faith without works is dead. Faith first, then works.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Last edited:

iamaberean

Abraham was chosen and taken for righteous on account of his works. (James 2:21) Faith without the works of the Law is as good as a body without the breath of life; dead if you know what James meant. (James 2:26)

No, Abraham first had faith.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Last edited:

God's Truth

No, Abraham first had faith.

Faith and right action go together.

Faith is made complete with works. See You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

iamaberean

Act 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
Act 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
Act 13:40 Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets;
Act 13:41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

Elia

I don't find Paul hard to understand at all.

Bs"d

Then you are smarter than Peter:

"15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand"
2 Peter

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

God's Truth

Bs"d

Then you are smarter than Peter:

"15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand"
2 Peter

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

Peter says the ignorant and unstable distort.

That means a person with a sound mind who studies will find the truth and get understanding.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
SM, would you be so kind as to tell me what did Jesus accomplish? I am all ears. And, please, add to that a quote to evidence the fact that Jesus was born of a virgin. But please, a virgin that remained a virgin after she gave birth to Jesus. If you can't, the only option will be John 8:41. Read that quote of John before you say you can't prove that Jesus was born of a virgin.

Now, as the Messiah is concerned, you can take your question to a Jew who still believes in an individual Messiah. The Messiah I believe is the collective one in the People of Israel. And I am not alone with this belief. You can verify with Prophet Habakkuk in 3:13 "The Lord goes forth to save His PEOPLE; to save His anointed one." That's what Messiah is, the anointed one of HaShem.
Messiahs were individuals; and Judaism though mostly preserving Hebrew culture, is not special in itself.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
2 - Hence, when Jesus referred to the Kingdom of God in Luke 17:21being within or among us, he had Israel in mind aka the Kingdom of God.
No, he mean were Enoch and every spirit goes.

Ben Masada said:
5 - That's exactly what happened when Jesus' disciples acclaimed him king of the Jews in Jerusalem a Roman province at the time. (Luke 19:37-40) And still to this day, Christians blame all the Jews for the crucifixion of Jesus.
The Israelite authorities were of Judah; and where does it say his disciples called King of the Jews instead of Messiah or christ?

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
The guy who wrote the gospel of Matthew says that Jesus was born of the Holy Spirit with Mary. (Mat. 1:18) That's not Jewish. Therefore, that gospel was not written by a Jew. The guy who wrote the gospel of John says that Jesus already existed before Abraham. (John 8:58) That's not Jewish. Therefore, that gospel was not written by a Jew; and so forth throughout the NT.
John 8:58 does not say he pre-existed. And you would lame God by saying he is incapable of making a virgin bear a child.

Ben Masada

Why Jews Don't Accept Jesus?

1 - Faith without works is dead.
2 - Faith first, then works.
3 - Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith;
4 - and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

1 - You can say that again. (James 2:26)

2 - Wrong! Faith is identified through good works of obedience. Hence, works first so that faith been seen.

3 - Since the Law was given as a result of God's grace and faith cannot be seen without works, obedience to God's Law is what causes salvation.

4 - Wrong again! If we expect that God give us faith to be saved, we are only confessing not to have Freewill. We must decide to learn what we want to be.