Why Jews Don't Accept Jesus?

chair

The problem with your take on that is, that there were many witnesses to His resurrection...

What you really have is an ancient book that claims that there were many witnesses. For those who don't accept the Christian holy books, these claims are meaningless.

Wick Stick

1 - Not so. According to Josephus, in the beginning of the year 4 BCE, there was a revolt of the Pharisees against Herod and, by command of Caesar a legion of two, from Syria was sent to turn down the revolt and that legion remained in Israel for two years when the wave of rapes was alarming. That's when Jesus was born. I don't mean by saying this that Jesus was born out of fornication according to John 8:41. Just quoting where the case is mentioned.
Interesting. I did a search prior to posting and all I turned up were that the legions were in Syria.

3 - And the Jews didn't at the time of Jesus?
Indeed not. They were at that point the establishment, and were not "called out" of anywhere.

The first commandment identifies God very well... "I AM the LORD your God, which brought you out."

There is no Judaism, no Christianity, and no conversion without being called out, and responding to the call by going. Abram left Ur and Haran. Moses brought the multitude out of Egypt. But those Jews of the 1st century... they had no exodus experience; no day in the wilderness living with naught but faith to sustain them.

Perhaps that is why Jesus was trying to call them out, in the first place.

4 - And the Jews had nothing to do with "ekklesia" but Kahal.
Why did you remove the space? Ek Klesia. Read it with the (lack of) proficiency of a 1st century Jew. Those words mean "called out."

Besides, Kahal and Ekklesia are two different things. The latter was not meant to replace the former. Well, at least not originally.

6 - More than several times. A few times through the snake track.
Yikes - a glutton for punishment! I've been the once, and unfortunately it was in July. I now know what hell feels like. Heaven as well... at the bottom of the cistern.

Jarrod

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
7 - I am ready to believe in Jesus as you do if you show me where in the Tanach Moses spoke of Jesus.

Deuteronomy 18:15 NIV

15 The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.

Deuteronomy 18:18 NIV

18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.

Why disregard the Apostles?

Acts 3:22 NIV

22 For Moses said, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you.

chair

Deuteronomy 18:15 NIV

15 The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.

Deuteronomy 18:18 NIV

18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.

Why disregard the Apostles?

Acts 3:22 NIV

22 For Moses said, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you.

Do you know how many prophets there were after Moses?

RBBI

What you really have is an ancient book that claims that there were many witnesses. For those who don't accept the Christian holy books, these claims are meaningless.

Well how about your own book? Ever do a letter by letter study on the first word in the first sentence of Genesis, plus the whole sentence itself? Son is in there....

You see Jesus the man, but you're blinded to the Spirit man who was inside him. Jesus was the husk, the Spirit man was/is just that, Spirit, of the same substance as His Father, a holy Seed. All seeds bear fruit after their own kind, and His own kind was the Father.

And resurrection was in the Torah; He said if they obeyed His commandments and His statutes He would put none of the curses of the Egyptians on them, including the death of the firstborn. Firstborn of the flesh, then born of the Spirit. Jesus fulfilled them all and so the death of HIS firstborn was made null and void.

He was already dead (to self- having fulfilled every yod and tittle) before He ever went to the cross, thus because He laid down His life beforehand, death had no power over Him. He surrendered the last of His will in the garden to HaShem, making HaShem His sovereign Lord, ie. giving HaShem the "legal right" to kill Him by coming into agreement with His perfect will, and if that included death by cross, so be it.

And so the end result of that is, IF ONLY GOD CAN KILL YOU, NOTHING ELSE CAN. O death, where is thy sting? Sin is the stinger and the power of death, and if you remove the stinger by obedience to the Torah both spiritually and naturally as He did, then death has no power over you.

By the say I agree with some of what you say. Christians should be observing the so called "OT" also, out of a desire to please Him and to accept the framework of His bones (which is why not a bone of His was broken). Never saw a body yet that could stand up without bones in it.

chair

Well how about your own book? Ever do a letter by letter study on the first word in the first sentence of Genesis, plus the whole sentence itself? Son is in there....
"Letter by Letter" I have no idea what you mean by that, but if it creates your "son" out of nothing- then something is wrong with your method.
You see Jesus the man, but you're blinded to the Spirit man who was inside him. Jesus was the husk, the Spirit man was/is just that, Spirit, of the same substance as His Father, a holy Seed. All seeds bear fruit after their own kind, and His own kind was the Father.
whatever.
And resurrection was in the Torah; He said if they obeyed His commandments and His statutes He would put none of the curses of the Egyptians on them, including the death of the firstborn. Firstborn of the flesh, then born of the Spirit. Jesus fulfilled them all and so the death of HIS firstborn was made null and void.
This is pathetic. You really have stoop to this to support your claims?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Chapter 18 says that there will be prophets, like Moses, in the future.

Nope.

Those at the time of Jesus knew better.

How is it you don't?

15 The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from

among your own brothers. You must listen to him.

John 1:21 KJV

21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith , I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered , No.

John 1:25 KJV

25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?

John 6:14 KJV

14 Then those men, when they had seen the miracle that Jesus did , said , This is of a truth that prophet that should come into the world.

Ben Masada

Why Jews don't Accept Jesus?

1 - Deuteronomy 18:15 NIV. The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.

2 - Deuteronomy 18:18 NIV I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.

3 - Why disregard the Apostles?

4 - Acts 3:22 NIV For Moses said, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you.

1 - Wrong! Try again! The prophet-like unto Moses in Deut. 18:15 was Joshua if you read Deut. 34:9.

2 - Joshua again if you read Joshua 1:17.

3 - The apostles had nothing to do with the Prophet-like unto Moses.

4 - Luke was plagiarizing Deuteronomy in the spirit of Paul's policy of Replacement Theology. "Like me" was in Luke supposed to be like Jesus. You may try again. I still can't become a Christian like you. You have provided nothing for that.

Ben Masada

1 - Interesting. I did a search prior to posting and all I turned up were that the legions were in Syria.

2 - Indeed not. They were at that point the establishment, and were not "called out" of anywhere.

3 - There is no Judaism, no Christianity, and no conversion without being called out, and responding to the call by going. Abram left Ur and Haran. Moses brought the multitude out of Egypt. But those Jews of the 1st century... they had no exodus experience; no day in the wilderness living with naught but faith to sustain them.

4 - Perhaps that is why Jesus was trying to call them out, in the first place.

5 - Why did you remove the space? Ek Klesia. Read it with the (lack of) proficiency of a 1st century Jew. Those words mean "called out."

6 - Besides, Kahal and Ekklesia are two different things. The latter was not meant to replace the former. Well, at least not originally.

7 - Yikes - a glutton for punishment! I've been the once, and unfortunately it was in July. I now know what hell feels like. Heaven as well... at the bottom of the cistern.

Jarrod

1 - Good job!

2 - Well! Jesus called the apostles when he was conscripting them.

3 - But there was Judaism since a long time ago.

4 - Jesus did conscript his disciples to work among the Jews.

5 - I thought that Ek klesia was the Greek word for church.

6 - Kahal is the community of Israel. A personal reference to the People.

7 - Yes, I know what you mean.

Ben Masada

1 - The problem with your take on that is, that there were many witnesses to His resurrection.
2 - And Paul was making a statement regarding the revelation he had been given as to WHY it occurred.
3 - The gospel IS, the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.
4 - Without the resurrection, there is no "good news", man stays outside the garden forever sowing and reaping, ie. no true Sabbath rest.

5 - And it definitely WAS in the mind of Jesus as He told them that if they destroyed this temple (of His body) He would raise it up again in 3 days, which He did.

I do think it's great you've read the book, at least.

1 - All the witnesses of the resurrection of Jesus are from hear-say. Provide me with an eyewitness and I'll become a Christian like you.

2 - Revelations come through dreams and visions and, revelations of Divine origin never come to confirm non-Jewish doctrines.

3 - The gospel of Paul, not the gospel of Jesus which was Judaism.

4 - Quite metaphorical the language.

5 - Jesus was a Jew. Those things you have put in his mind are not Jewish. There is no more than 20% in the NT that comes from Jesus or is about him.

Ben Masada

Jesus didn't want David's corrupt, exaggerated seat, he has his own place on high.

But the Messiah is supposed to inherit the seat of King David in Jerusalem, what is Jesus doing upstairs? BTW, he is not upstairs but downstairs in the grave. Mind you that, as a Jew, he did not resurrect. It is only according to the gospel of Paul that he resurrected if you read II Tim. 2:8.

chair

Nope.

Those at the time of Jesus knew better.

Obviously not. Or there wouldn't be any Jews today.
How is it you don't?

15 The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from

among your own brothers. You must listen to him.

John 1:21 KJV

21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith , I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered , No.

Why should I pay any attention to the claims made by your holy book?

And tell me- does your book even claim that Jesus spoke face-to-face with God, like Moses did?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Obviously not. Or there wouldn't be any Jews today.

Yes, they all understood Deut 18 was talkin' about a certain prophet not many.

Why should I pay any attention to the claims made by your holy book?

And tell me- does your book even claim that Jesus spoke face-to-face with God, like Moses did?

Sure it does.

So does yours.