Why every preacher of every false gospel is accursed

Arthur Brain

Satan has many agents posting around the clock on TOL. Whatever different approaches they may take, every single one of them says that human effort is required, at some point, to become saved or to stay saved.

That is a lie. It is fake good news.

Well in that case, and going by your own argument here, then everyone is 'saved'. If there was no human effort required on your part and it was all God's work then you did absolutely nothing whatsoever and played no part at all in your own salvation, correct?

Arthur Brain

I won't find out this side of the grave or the Rapture who L.A. is but unless he/she gets saved, I do look forward to him/her being cast into the Lake of Fire, because the Bible says that will be perfect justice for denying God's grace in favor of the self-righteous works L.A. is always promoting.

What do you mean "gets saved"? That would require some sort of input or effort from the person, something you've expressly argued to the contrary in your OP. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you would look forward to the suffering of another either, sadly enough.

God's Truth

When someone like me speaks of the certainty of the Good News, invariably someone tries to cast doubt by saying something like this:

"Paul warned of works being judged and burned by fire. That doesn't sound like a man who believed he was completely forgiven and forever justified in Christ."

This objection reveals the thinking of one taken captive by a false gospel.

First, Paul was not speaking of salvation or justification there, but of rewards gained or lost for service to the Lord at the Bema [judgment seat] of Christ.

The gift, the reward, the inheritance, the treasure, the crown, the promise…it is all eternal life in the kingdom of God

The Lord WILL examinine a believer's works, as by fire, leaving either the precious and lasting, or worthless ashes...yet Paul assures us in this very passage that the tested believer himself WILL BE SAVED (the objector always leaves that key part out).

All must stand before God.

2 Corinthians 5:10 9So we aspire to please Him, whether we are here in this body or away from it. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive his due for the things done in the body, whether good or bad.

Did you read those scriptures? If you are saved and it does not matter what sins you do, as YOU say, then why does Paul say we better please him?

Second, the Bema must not be confused with Christ's having been "raised for our justification" (Romans 4:25) and its result of the believer having the very righteousness of Christ (Romans 3:22, 2 Cor 5:21). That is the primary issue.

Christ died for us so that we can overcome sin.

All of us are unjust and unrighteous because of our sin. That's what the Bible says. None of us can lift a finger to work our way out of that. If we could, Christ died in vain.

We don’t have to clean ourselves to go the temple anymore, but we still have to obey.

Instead, the Good News is that in forgiveness and justification (called salvation, generally) are received freely, as a gift. No work is required..."not of works," Paul said more than once.

Not of works such as sacrificing animals day after day!
Paul is NOT saying not of works/obeying God.

Once received, salvation is complete and permanent. One either has ALL of it, or one has NOTHING.

What about don’t be deceived?!

James 1:16 Don't be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

Unlike the Bema, our works are not a factor in forgiveness or justification...they cannot be because, again, Christ would have died in vain.

Works of sacrificing animals, not obedience!

So because salvation CANNOT be earned or merited by works, only received through faith in the Gospel of grace, salvation cannot be lost, forfeited or sinned away either. It's ours forever, once received, because that's what God promises, and He cannot lie.

Here's the problem.

Over 95% of Christendom, historically and today, exists to maintain itself as a salvation industry by convincing people that they must work, either to earn or to maintain God's free gift of forgiveness and justification. Christendom convinces people they cannot possibly please God or get to Heaven without its help. That's how Satan keeps Christendom in business.

Are you kidding? Most Christian denominations preach faith alone.

Satan has many agents posting around the clock on TOL.

Think for yourself, would Satan like more that we preach obedience to Christ or do not preach it?

Whatever different approaches they may take, every single one of them says that human effort is required, at some point, to become saved or to stay saved.

Obeying Jesus’ words are life. What in the world or under it are you doing if you are not obeying?

That is a lie. It is fake good news.

The good news is not, “We no longer have to obey God!”

Know this: Paul warns that everyone who preaches such fake good news is already accursed and, lest they repent,

I f you think that Paul is preaching a different gospel than the one Jesus preached then you are calling either Jesus cursed or Paul.

Your only remedy to your bad position is to say Paul taught the same gospel as Jesus.

will be damned for selling or rationing out in installments what God gave to the world as a complete and perfect gift. And we know who all of you are.

God’s gift is NOT that we no longer have to obey Him. God’s gift is that we no longer have to clean ourselves, and that we are reconciled to Him by becoming the temple!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My wife keeps tellin' me to take a bath, but I don't pay any attention to it.

You can stay dirty if you wish-

Joh 13:5 After that, He poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded.
Joh 13:6 Then He came to Simon Peter. And Peter said to Him, "Lord, are You washing my feet?"
Joh 13:7 Jesus answered and said to him, "What I am doing you do not understand now, but you will know after this."
Joh 13:8 Peter said to Him, "You shall never wash my feet!" Jesus answered him, "If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me."
Joh 13:9 Simon Peter said to Him, "Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head!"
Joh 13:10 Jesus said to him, "He who is bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you."
Joh 13:11 For He knew who would betray Him; therefore He said, "You are not all clean."
Joh 13:12 So when He had washed their feet, taken His garments, and sat down again, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you?
Joh 13:13 You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am.
Joh 13:14 If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet.
Joh 13:15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.
Joh 13:16 Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him.
Joh 13:17 If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.

la

God's Truth

Reconciled while enemies is about the Gentiles who were enemies of God because they were not circumcised in the flesh.

Ephesians 2:12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Did you read that?

They were ENEMIES because they did not obey and come into the covenant with God by getting circumcised in the flesh.

Circumcision of the flesh was a sign of the covenant with God and it was part of the purification/ceremonial works.

The Jews cleaned themselves and were not dead in their sins as the Gentiles were.

Those are the works that no longer saved.

Obeying God will always be the way---just no longer of purification/ceremonial works.

Jesus cleans us now by faith in his blood.

We still have to obey God!

marhig

I won't find out this side of the grave or the Rapture who L.A. is but unless he/she gets saved, I do look forward to him/her being cast into the Lake of Fire, because the Bible says that will be perfect justice for denying God's grace in favor of the self-righteous works L.A. is always promoting.

This post is sickening, and is as far from Christ and I've seen. May God forgive you for being so judgemental you don't know her heart or her life. My hope is for everyone to get to be with God, I don't agree with everyone, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone, and in my life I will bring the love of Christ and Gods word to as many as I can with the hope that they will believe and get to know them as I do. A love that's so precious that nothing in this world can replace it.

You don't know who will be and who won't be saved, you're not their judge. I hope to see you and LA with God one day. I don't want to see anyone thrown anywhere where the heart of Satan is.

I hope that one day your heart changes and doesn't remain hard and self righteous!

marhig

Luk 9:53 And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
Luk 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
Luk 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
Luk 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

LA
Great answer LA :)

Christ doesn't want anyone destroyed, he wants as many saved as possible, and if he is in our hearts then so will we, regardless of whoever they are, and whatever they have done, even to us. Our hope should be that God touches their heart one day! Only God is our judge because only he knows our heart!

marhig

1.Show me the scripture where the LORD God demands that I answer any/all questions. You won't.

2. Do not confuse your lack of reading comprehension skills, with any alleged failure on my part to address your trap, self righteous, Pharisee, disingenuine question.

Again...

What sin/sins?

Identify those sins for which He did not die. And, tell us, what happened, 2000+ years ago, by the dbr. Lay it out for us.

Religion/You: Do.

vs.

Christianity: done

Religion/you: Behave

vs.

Christianity: Believe

Religion/You: Try

vs.

Christianity: Trust

Contrasts.

Point number 1. Goes for me too! You were the one who questioned me first!

I'm only quoting what it says in the Bible, that Jesus came as an example for us to follow. That being that case, it's obvious we must follow his example and live it out and be doers of the word as he was, and not hearers only. If we don't follow his example, then people will see our flesh, and they won't see Christ in us and they will judge us on that. Once we are born of God and walk in the spirit, we should be bringing the word, love, life, forgiveness, mercy and compassion of God to everyone we meet, regardless of who they are, with the hope that Christ through us can bring as many as possible back to God and we can't do that and live by the will of our flesh, because others will only see our flesh.

I had a surprise meal this week for my birthday. And friends that I hadn't seen for years came, one of them who I see a bit more often believes in God and she has been to our house meetings and she has also been to many churches searching for what she believes is right. She said to me, that she's tried many different churches now, but none are like our meeting, she said many of those who attend are hypocrites, they speak words about God, but their hearts don't reflect him. Some are hard, some are back biters, some are self centered etc. etc. She said that there are a few who aren't like that, but not many.

She then said that she can't say that about our meeting, because she doesn't see those things in us, and why do you think that is? Because we are taught to obey God and do his will and we are taught that when the holy spirit shows us in our heart that what we are thinking or doing is wrong, he should be pricking our conscience and that is what we have to deny, ourselves, and by this we die to self by the works of the holy spirit. This is what Paul meant when he said "I die daily" he was dying to self, but he was alive in God. Without the holy spirit, we wouldn't know our sin and we would be dead to God and its all done through Christ who bore witness to the truth and was our perfect example to follow, he is our saviour, our cornerstone and each one of those who are living stones in his church should be reflecting his love light and life to those in darkness.

We are taught not to judge others in the flesh and we are taught that we should not to do any wrong that they do if we know it's wrong before God, but that we should always be there for everyone whoever they are, and just bring the love and word of God to them and he will judge, and we are taught to look at our own hearts first because there is enough wrong in our own flesh to sort out and it's only by Gods grace that we are being saved from our sins by the holy spirit every day, and that we should always remember what we were like before we knew God and Christ, and then we will know that we have no right to judge another. My conscience is now very strong and he pricks my heart always, then I have a choice, obey him or not. I'm not perfect, but the holy spirit is helping me to overcome and he's saving me from my sins and the lusts of my flesh every day and he's helping me to overcome them and I'm strengthened by Christ, without Gods love and grace and the life of Christ, I'd still be in darkness a slave to Satan living by my flesh and sining always with hardly a flicker of a conscience.

You say "what sins" if you can't see your sins then there's something wrong, because the holy spirit should be pricking you conscience every day. And if can see them and you carry on wilfully doing them, thinking that Jesus has done it all for you and you're ok, then that's between you and God as he's your judge and only God knows the whole of your heart.

musterion

Well in that case, and going by your own argument here, then everyone is 'saved'. If there was no human effort required on your part and it was all God's work then you did absolutely nothing whatsoever and played no part at all in your own salvation, correct?

Shut up. You know you couldn't care less.