"WHOSOEVER That Calls Upon the Name of the Lord Shall be Saved" Romans 10:13

Robert Pate

Banned

"Whosoever" is a tricky word. If you try to apply the word "whosoever" to some certain persons or groups, then the word looses its meaning. Calvinist try to say that the word "whosoever" means those that have been predestinated. Catholics will say that "Whosoever" means those that are members of the Catholic church.

The dictionary says the the word "whosoever" means all, everyone, anyone, every person. Jesus used the word "whosoever" 78 times. In John 3:16 he said, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jesus is the international savior, he died for the sins of the whole world, Hebrews 2:9. No one is excluded, all are included. What does it mean to call upon the name of the Lord? Does it mean just to believe that he is the Christ, the Son of God? The devil believes that Jesus is God's Son, is he saved? Calling on the name of the Lord is an act of faith. If you were swimming in the ocean and a rip tide started to pull you under more than likely you would call on the life guard to save you.

So it is with those that are lost in sin. When a person comes to the reality that they are lost and are hell bound, they will call on Christ to save them. Who else is going to save us? I suppose that some are going to try and save themselves by the works of the law, but then Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20. I cant imagine anyone standing before a Holy God in the judgment and professing themselves to be righteous by the works of the law.

Jesus will say to those that are trying to be saved by religion or by works, "Depart from me. I never knew you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23. He never knew them because they had never called on him to save them. Some were Calvinist that wanted to be saved by being predestinated. Others were Catholics that thought membership in the Catholic church would save them.

The Gospel calls for a response. How can one hear that Christ died on a wooden cross for their sins and not respond with love and thanksgiving? Maybe those that reject God's great free offer of salvation deserve to go to hell. No one will be saved that does not come to Christ as a repentant sinner believing that he is able to save them to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

Nanja

It's only those whom God has Saved 2 Tim. 1:9 that shall call upon the Lord in a way that pleases Him.

The scriptures attest to the fact that no one else but the Saved can call upon the name of the Lord, because calling on the name of the Lord by one who is spiritually dead, is just that: a dead work of the flesh that cannot please God Rom. 8:8!

Is. 64:6
And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.

Eph. 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost

Rom. 9:22-23
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory

~~~~~

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I suppose that some are going to try and save themselves by the works of the law, but then Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20.

The law was for sanctification, it was never for salvation. Paul said the law ended with the coming of Christ.

Galatians 3:19 "What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made..."

How could a person be saved by the works of a law that was no longer extant?

daqq

"Whosoever" is a tricky word. If you try to apply the word "whosoever" to some certain persons or groups, then the word looses its meaning. Calvinist try to say that the word "whosoever" means those that have been predestinated. Catholics will say that "Whosoever" means those that are members of the Catholic church.

The dictionary says the the word "whosoever" means all, everyone, anyone, every person. Jesus used the word "whosoever" 78 times. In John 3:16 he said, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jesus is the international savior, he died for the sins of the whole world, Hebrews 2:9. No one is excluded, all are included. What does it mean to call upon the name of the Lord? Does it mean just to believe that he is the Christ, the Son of God? The devil believes that Jesus is God's Son, is he saved? Calling on the name of the Lord is an act of faith. If you were swimming in the ocean and a rip tide started to pull you under more than likely you would call on the life guard to save you.

So it is with those that are lost in sin. When a person comes to the reality that they are lost and are hell bound, they will call on Christ to save them. Who else is going to save us? I suppose that some are going to try and save themselves by the works of the law, but then Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20. I cant imagine anyone standing before a Holy God in the judgment and professing themselves to be righteous by the works of the law.

Jesus will say to those that are trying to be saved by religion or by works, "Depart from me. I never knew you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23. He never knew them because they had never called on him to save them. Some were Calvinist that wanted to be saved by being predestinated. Others were Catholics that thought membership in the Catholic church would save them.

The Gospel calls for a response. How can one hear that Christ died on a wooden cross for their sins and not respond with love and thanksgiving? Maybe those that reject God's great free offer of salvation deserve to go to hell. No one will be saved that does not come to Christ as a repentant sinner believing that he is able to save them to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

Wrong God "person", :)

Both Romans 10:13 and Acts 2:21 quote Joel 2:32

Joel 2:23-32 KJV Restored Name
2:23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in YHWH your Elohim: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
2:24 And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil.
2:25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
2:26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of YHWH your Elohim, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am YHWH your Elohim, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.
2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
2:30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of YHWH come.
2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of YHWH shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as YHWH hath said, and in the remnant whom YHWH shall call.

Joel Chapter 2 RNKJV

Acts 2:1-21 TS2009 (W/Footnotes)
17 ‘And it shall be in the last days, says Elohim, that I shall pour out of My Spirit on all flesh. And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams,
18 and also on My male servants and on My female servants I shall pour out My Spirit in those days, and they shall prophesy.
19 ‘And I shall show wonders in the heaven above and signs in the earth beneath: blood and fire and vapour of smoke.
20 ‘The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and splendid day of יהוה.
‘And it shall be that everyone who calls on the Name of יהוה shall be saved.’b Joe 2:28-32 Footnote: bRom 10:13.

Romans 10:13 TS2009 (W/Footnotes)
13 For
“everyone who calls on the Name of יהוה shall be saved.”c Joe 2:32. Footnote: cAct 2:21.

Romans 10:13
13 For whosoever shall call upon
the name of YHWH shall be delivered.

YHWH is the heavenly Father. :)

Robert Pate

Banned
It's only those whom God has Saved 2 Tim. 1:9 that shall call upon the Lord in a way that pleases Him.

The scriptures attest to the fact that no one else but the Saved can call upon the name of the Lord, because calling on the name of the Lord by one who is spiritually dead, is just that: a dead work of the flesh that cannot please God Rom. 8:8!

Is. 64:6
And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.

Eph. 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost

Rom. 9:22-23
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory

~~~~~

Nanja, Nanja, Nanja. You think that God is a sinner like you. You also think that the Bible is a sham and that some scripture cancels out other scripture.

You can't trust God and you can't trust the scriptures. To believe that God predestinates some to salvation and damns the rest to hell is to believe that God is an unmerciful tyrant.

Because you don't have faith in God you are eternally lost.

Robert Pate

Banned
Wrong God "person", :)

Both Romans 10:13 and Acts 2:21 quote Joel 2:32

Joel 2:23-32 KJV Restored Name
2:23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in YHWH your Elohim: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.
2:24 And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil.
2:25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
2:26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of YHWH your Elohim, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am YHWH your Elohim, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.
2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
2:30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of YHWH come.
2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of YHWH shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as YHWH hath said, and in the remnant whom YHWH shall call.

Joel Chapter 2 RNKJV

Acts 2:1-21 TS2009 (W/Footnotes)
17 ‘And it shall be in the last days, says Elohim, that I shall pour out of My Spirit on all flesh. And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams,
18 and also on My male servants and on My female servants I shall pour out My Spirit in those days, and they shall prophesy.
19 ‘And I shall show wonders in the heaven above and signs in the earth beneath: blood and fire and vapour of smoke.
20 ‘The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and splendid day of יהוה.
‘And it shall be that everyone who calls on the Name of יהוה shall be saved.’b Joe 2:28-32 Footnote: bRom 10:13.

Romans 10:13 TS2009 (W/Footnotes)
13 For
“everyone who calls on the Name of יהוה shall be saved.”c Joe 2:32. Footnote: cAct 2:21.

Romans 10:13
13 For whosoever shall call upon
the name of YHWH shall be delivered.

YHWH is the heavenly Father. :)

Jesus is the Lord you poor blind fool. Because Jesus overcame sin, death and the devil, God made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36.

Nanja

Nanja, Nanja, Nanja. You think that God is a sinner like you. You also think that the Bible is a sham and that some scripture cancels out other scripture.

You can't trust God and you can't trust the scriptures. To believe that God predestinates some to salvation and damns the rest to hell is to believe that God is an unmerciful tyrant.

Unlearned comments.

~~~~~

lifeisgood

Tambora and I have asked B57 and I have asked Nanja:
Do you tell your children when you put them to bed that God loves them?
Or
Do you tell them that they might be ones that were born only so God could send them to hell and there isn't a darn thing they can do about it?

Still waiting for an answer though.

Robert Pate

Banned
Tambora and I have asked B57 and I have asked Nanja:
Do you tell your children when you put them to bed that God loves them?
Or
Do you tell them that they might be ones that were born only so God could send them to hell and there isn't a darn thing they can do about it?

Still waiting for an answer though.

Good question. I doubt if you will get an answer.

Nanja

The God of the Bible can be trusted and believed upon. He is kind, loving and can be trusted.

But your phony Calvinist God cannot be trusted because he damns people to hell before they are ever born.

More foolish comments,

You don't believe the scriptures 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
More foolish comments,

You don't believe the scriptures 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

~~~~~

I believe the whole Bible, even Ephesians 1:4-6. and all of the other scriptures that you quote that you think proves your phony religion.

Now you are quoting 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 and you seem to think that the glorious Gospel is that God has predestinated some to salvation and damns a multitude to hell. Some glorious gospel that you believe, but it is not the correct Gospel.

You need to find out what the real Gospel is so that you can be freed from your phony religion.

daqq

Jesus is the Lord you poor blind fool. Because Jesus overcame sin, death and the devil, God made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36.

So for posting scripture facts I am a "poor blind fool"? And in your doctrine Jesus gets to replace the Father because he overcame? It is not all so cut and dry as it might appear in your corrupt translations. Assuming such things is why you are so confused. However calling others poor blind fools for disagreeing with you only shows that you care nothing about the Testimony of Messiah which clearly warns you against doing and saying such things as you do and say. Your deeds and fruits therefore reveal bitterness coming forth from your heart. Why then should anyone believe anything else you have to say when you despise the Testimony of Messiah the way you do?

Robert Pate

Banned
So for posting scripture facts I am a "poor blind fool"? And in your doctrine Jesus gets to replace the Father because he overcame? It is not all so cut and dry as it might appear in your corrupt translations. Assuming such things is why you are so confused. However calling others poor blind fools for disagreeing with you only shows that you care nothing about the Testimony of Messiah which clearly warns you against doing and saying such things as you do and say. Your deeds and fruits therefore reveal bitterness coming forth from your heart. Why then should anyone believe anything else you have to say when you despise the Testimony of Messiah the way you do?

Your Messiah has come and gone and you missed him.

Another will come in his own name, him you will receive, John 5:43.

Jesus said, "I and my Father are one" John 10:30.

You probably think that is blasphemy.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
To the fool :banana: who thinks there will be time to repent: :dizzy: the wink, the blink and the twink' (1 Co 15:51-52, Jn 5:25, 28-29, 11:43, 1 Thess 4:14-15, Jn 12:28-29, Stone).

daqq

Your Messiah has come and gone and you missed him.

Another will come in his own name, him you will receive, John 5:43.

Jesus said, "I and my Father are one" John 10:30.

You probably think that is blasphemy.

Huh??? My Messiah dwells inside of me by the Word of the Father because he is the Word of the Father. How then could I have missed him as you say? His words are not blasphemy but you do make them so by your doctrine. He is indeed one with the Father and at the same time I am one with him just as he prayed that all his disciples would be. We who honor the Word do worship only the Father in spirit and truth by the Testimony of Messiah which is written in the Gospel accounts you claim to believe. I do not reject any of that righteous and upright Testimony but rather often dispute the English translations of it which pervert it to the glory of man. How therefore can you say that another will come in his own name and I will receive him when it is you who worships someone whom you imagine to be outside of yourself? In fact you worship the Word who is inside of me showing your paganism. I worship the Father in and through the Testimony of the Son. You deny the Testimony of the Son in favor of your lawlessness doctrine.

Nanja

I believe the whole Bible, even Ephesians 1:4-6. and all of the other scriptures that you quote that you think proves your phony religion.

Now you are quoting 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 and you seem to think that the glorious Gospel is that God has predestinated some to salvation and damns a multitude to hell. Some glorious gospel that you believe, but it is not the correct Gospel.

You need to find out what the real Gospel is so that you can be freed from your phony religion.

Pate, you don't believe the True God or His Words, but instead teach a false freewill gospel of works: Salvation by what a person does!

The scriptures do testify to the fact that God has chosen those who will be saved, and those who will believe a lie.

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

2 Thes 2:11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You see the contrast in these two verses? They're two different groups of people.

One group God chooses to believe the Truth; but the other to believe a lie.

God has prepared beforehand some to be His Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23, and some to be vessels of His Wrath Rom. 9:22.

And their freewill had absolutely nothing to do with it.

But it is God who does according to His Divine Will with mankind:

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Job 23:13-14
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

It's God's Will that is Free and Sovereign, which determines all others' will!

~~~~~

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God is not relational to the false god of Calvinism. Let me demonstrate with TOL's "greatest" Calvinist. I know, I roll my eyes too. When asked, "Does God desire all men to be saved", he says this;

The answer is obviously "no," unless you believe God is a Big Pathetic Loser. And before you start quoting 1Ti 2:4, consider first the use of the Greek word "pas" in the following verses, noting how the word is translated by the 17th-century translators: Mt 4:23; 5:11; 10:1; 12:31; Lu 11:42; Ac 10:12; Ro 7:8; 1Pe 1:15; Re 18:12; 21:19. [Hint: instead of simply using "all" to translate the word, the translators used "all manner of." Why do you suppose that is?]
Of course not. If God desired that all men be saved, then they would be (John 6:37-40). That is, obviously, unless you (like all the Open Theists in the world) have the unfortunate view that reduces God to a pathetic loser, who can do nothing to save a single person. Despite the fact that Open Theists pray for God to save people, God is powerless to stop the masses from plunging into hell. Everyday that goes by, more and more people go to hell, and more and more hell-bound people are born.....

Robert Pate

Banned
Pate, you don't believe the True God or His Words, but instead teach a false freewill gospel of works: Salvation by what a person does!

The scriptures do testify to the fact that God has chosen those who will be saved, and those who will believe a lie.

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

2 Thes 2:11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You see the contrast in these two verses? They're two different groups of people.

One group God chooses to believe the Truth; but the other to believe a lie.

God has prepared beforehand some to be His Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23, and some to be vessels of His Wrath Rom. 9:22.

And their freewill had absolutely nothing to do with it.

But it is God who does according to His Divine Will with mankind:

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Job 23:13-14
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

It's God's Will that is Free and Sovereign, which determines all others' will!

~~~~~

You are all over the Bible. Grab a scripture here, grab a scripture there. You can make the Bible say almost anything that you want it to say. But the main thrust of the Bible is the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ and justification by faith, that you totally ignore.

Romans 9:22 is the "What if" scripture. It is not what God is going to do or what God does.