Who is Bob Enyart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBall

Hi Im new around here and I live in England and I have never hear of Bob Enyart could someone please shine some light for me?

Thanks

Jon

Freak

Re: Who is Bob Enyart?

Originally posted by FireBall
Hi Im new around here and I live in England and I have never hear of Bob Enyart could someone please shine some light for me?

Thanks

Jon
He's a fellow poster who some worship on this site. :crackup: Just kidding. He's a pastor.

Flipper

The liberal view?

He's about as fundamental as they come on the Christian side, i.e. a biblical literalist who believes in a literal return to Old Testament law as it appertains to matters of justice and morality.

He's a pastor of a Denver church and he has a radio show (www.kgov.com) which varies between discussion of current events, the occasional interview, and confrontational debate. It has been flagging somewhat of late and is currently now only on the air in Denver on the AM band.

He's quite bright and has written a book called The Plot which is (I've not read it so don't take my word) an examination of the underlying themes of the bible. It has been well reviewed and I know Christians who don't have much time for Bob's politics but really like the book. He favors a confrontational approach to evangelism that doesn't shirk from direct insults and ad hominems. Needless to say, reviews of this approach are rather mixed because it is quite polarizing but he says it has met with some succcess.

Freak

Originally posted by Flipper
He favors a confrontational approach to evangelism that doesn't shirk from direct insults and ad hominems. Needless to say, reviews of this approach are rather mixed because it is quite polarizing but he says it has met with some succcess.

Bob is my man when it comes to this. :thumb:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Bob Enyart..... defender of truth, justice, and the American Way. Bob is the nation's most popular self- proclaimed right-wing religious fanatic, homophobic, anti-choice talk show host.

tuxpower

Taken from BR 7 tale of the tape:

Bob Enyart pastors Denver Bible Church. Bob began his professional life working for McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Company designing simulation software for the Army's Apache AH-64 attack helicopter, and then went to work for U S West, Microsoft Corporation, and PC Week. Bob eventually left his computing career to work fulltime in Christian ministry and to host a talk show. In 1991, Bob Enyart Live began airing on Denver's KLTT radio, and can still be heard there weeknights at 7 p.m. During the mid 90s, Bob's show moved to television and was available in eighty cities from Honolulu to Orlando. More than 50,000 copies of Bob's audio and video teaching tapes have been sold. And a few thousand people have read the overview of the Bible presented in The Plot manuscript which is Bob Enyart's life's work.

Bob launched www.KGOV.com in 1999 with the purchase of O.J. Simpson's Hall of Fame Award and football jerseys, burning those items at the largest single-event press conference in the history of the LA courthouse. And Bob has organized a mobile protest of President Bill Clinton following him from Martha's Vineyard to Auckland, New Zealand with over 1,000 protests in 147 US and foreign cities for Clinton's sexual abuse of women. Bob has worked with parents of slain Columbine students to close down memorials to murderers Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, and was glad to see the destruction of two crosses on Rebel Hill and two trees planted in West Bowles Community Church memorial garden. Bob has been appeared on over 100 TV and radio shows, including multiple episodes of ABC's Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher; Fox News Channel's O'Reilly Factor and Hannity and Colmes, CNBC's Hardball with Chris Matthews, and various appearances on MS-NBC, the BBC, XTRA, Michael Reagan, E Network, etc. including on scores of radio stations from LA's KABC to NY's WABC.

Flipper

Don't know about "defender of the American way" - after all, he believes that a monarchy is the way to go in US politics. Something that I don't think really fits.

His attitude towards truth is a bit hazy too.

Freak

Don't know about "defender of the American way" - after all, he believes that a monarchy is the way to go in US politics. Something that I don't think really fits.

Very true. :crackup:

billygoat

How did I get such great kids??
LIFETIME MEMBER

His attitude towards truth is a bit hazy too.

What are you saying? Do you have a specific point in mind? It sounds like you are calling Pastor Enyart a dishonest person. What are you talking about? Or are you just making an unsubstantiated personal attack on a ?fellow? Christian? I know about him, you I do not know yet. I have known Bob Enyart for almost twenty years, and I find him honest.

wiseman

Originally posted by Knight
Bob Enyart..... defender of truth, justice, and the American Way. Bob is the nation's most popular self- proclaimed right-wing religious fanatic, homophobic, anti-choice talk show host.

Does that make him like the Rush Limbaugh of the 21st century?:singer:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by wiseman
Does that make him like the Rush Limbaugh of the 21st century?:singer:
No, Enyart is not like that liberal.

billygoat

How did I get such great kids??
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by shilohproject
Is he on his 4th marriage while telling everyone about family values?:cool:

I think it is either his second or third. Do you know the circumstances of his life, that you are in a position to criticize him? What about your life? Is it spotless and without mistakes or sin?

We all know it is not. What are you going to have to explain on judgement day? I smell a hypocrite......

Whispers

Originally posted by billygoat
I think it is either his second or third. Do you know the circumstances of his life, that you are in a position to criticize him? What about your life? Is it spotless and without mistakes or sin?

We all know it is not. What are you going to have to explain on judgement day? I smell a hypocrite......

With the greatest respect, Mr Enyart regularly criticizes others himself.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Whispers
With the greatest respect, Mr Enyart regularly criticizes others himself.
So it's a good thing he reckognizes, acknowledges, and is sorry for the faults he has had in his life. Otherwise it would make him a hypocrite when he criticizes the wickedness in others who are not sorry and therefore need to be exposed.

Whispers

Originally posted by Poly
So it's a good thing he reckognizes, acknowledges, and is sorry for the faults he has had in his life. Otherwise it would make him a hypocrite when he criticizes the wickedness in others who are not sorry and therefore need to be exposed.

This is only part of the problem though. Quite often when a person goes through bad trauma or some majorly negative experience, they are often left with a deep sense of compassion for others going through the same. For example, the victim of rape becomes a rape counsellor. The victim of domestic abuse spends her spare time helping others in the same boat. Although this does not always happen, quite often it does. Only by going through an experience can we truly know what another may be feeling when they experience the same. The pastor knows first hand what it is like to be caught in sin. He has sinned and although reformed, he STILL falls short of the glory of God, something we all need to remember. As the Pastor knows what it is like to be caught in sin, he obviously wants to help others that are suffering as well. He wants to do God's work and bring others into a relationship with Jesus. That is to be commended and respected. What I question, is his methodology for trying to bring people to Christ and walk away from sin.

At root we are all children of God. No matter what we have done, God offers us a promise that if we accept the freely offered hand of salvation, then it is ours. For a sinner to get to the stage where he takes the freely offered hand, he may have to go through a complex and possibly a long-winding road, entailing mental stress, deep reflection and hopefully contact with Christians living and allowing God's light to shine through them. He sees the happiness, well being and contentment of Christians and wonders why he does not feel the same. The example set to him, can lead him to or away from truth.

Lets say that one day he switches on his radio and the Pastor's show is on air. He listens to the Pastor holding forth on sinners, homosexuals and all other sorts of things. As he sits there listening to this prominent Christian, he notices an atmosphere of hatred and aggression underlying the words spoken. Many things are criticised and a distinct lack of compassion is shown and displayed during the course of the show. He hears the years of hellfire and brimstone from his church youth again, and switches that radio off. He never listens to that show again.

At some point in the future, just like everyone of us including me, the Pastor will stand before God. Whilst I am sure that he has done many good things in his life, I cannot help but feel that God will not look kindly upon a man who seems to spend a lot of his time knocking others. Just because he has reformed, does not give him the right to attack others. Sitting in chair passing judgement is relatively easy. Getting out in the world and trying to bring the word of Christ to the sinners is a different matter entirely. Remember we are all disciples of and therefore ambassadors of Christ. If you tell people you are a Christian, you have a duty to God to represent him in the right light to others. Just something to think about...

Crow

Originally posted by Whispers
This is only part of the problem though. Quite often when a person goes through bad trauma or some majorly negative experience, they are often left with a deep sense of compassion for others going through the same. For example, the victim of rape becomes a rape counsellor. The victim of domestic abuse spends her spare time helping others in the same boat. Although this does not always happen, quite often it does. Only by going through an experience can we truly know what another may be feeling when they experience the same. The pastor knows first hand what it is like to be caught in sin. He has sinned and although reformed, he STILL falls short of the glory of God, something we all need to remember. As the Pastor knows what it is like to be caught in sin, he obviously wants to help others that are suffering as well. He wants to do God's work and bring others into a relationship with Jesus. That is to be commended and respected. What I question, is his methodology for trying to bring people to Christ and walk away from sin.

At root we are all children of God. No matter what we have done, God offers us a promise that if we accept the freely offered hand of salvation, then it is ours. For a sinner to get to the stage where he takes the freely offered hand, he may have to go through a complex and possibly a long-winding road, entailing mental stress, deep reflection and hopefully contact with Christians living and allowing God's light to shine through them. He sees the happiness, well being and contentment of Christians and wonders why he does not feel the same. The example set to him, can lead him to or away from truth.

Lets say that one day he switches on his radio and the Pastor's show is on air. He listens to the Pastor holding forth on sinners, homosexuals and all other sorts of things. As he sits there listening to this prominent Christian, he notices an atmosphere of hatred and aggression underlying the words spoken. Many things are criticised and a distinct lack of compassion is shown and displayed during the course of the show. He hears the years of hellfire and brimstone from his church youth again, and switches that radio off. He never listens to that show again.

At some point in the future, just like everyone of us including me, the Pastor will stand before God. Whilst I am sure that he has done many good things in his life, I cannot help but feel that God will not look kindly upon a man who seems to spend a lot of his time knocking others. Just because he has reformed, does not give him the right to attack others. Sitting in chair passing judgement is relatively easy. Getting out in the world and trying to bring the word of Christ to the sinners is a different matter entirely. Remember we are all disciples of and therefore ambassadors of Christ. If you tell people you are a Christian, you have a duty to God to represent him in the right light to others. Just something to think about...

Whispers, that is just too funny.

I am a Christian because of Bob Enyart. I originally started watching his show primarily for entertainment's sake--I used to get a big kick out of what a jerk Bob Enyart was. He was much more entertaining than a couple of my other favorite comedy shows--Ron Parsley and Benny Hinn.

Bob was really offensive. He mocked and criticized many things that I felt were perfectly OK, like sexual immorality, atheism (I was one at the time) and abortion. Then after the "Bible verse" warning, he'd show you in the Bible where God said how disgusting these things were.

A funny thing happened. I started to realize how disgusting the things I did and believed in were to God, if He existed. How utterly revolting my lifestyle was. I started thinking about how really evil it is to kill an unborn kid. I began to see "victimless" sexual crimes in terms of families destroyed and diseases being spread throughout society. Drugs in terms of babies born addicted, and kids neglected because daddy and mommy are stoned. My views were undergoing a gradual change.

I still didn't believe in God, but I was seeing consistancy in the Bible for the first time. And the Christ Bob Enyart talked about wasn't the puerile effeminate Christ I had learned about in church and Sunday school so many years earlier. I was hearing about a different Christ--one who spoke His mind, who didn't just stand around beaming benignly and saying pleasant things. I hauled out a Bible--yes, I had one lying around--and I started to look at things Bob had pointed out, and he was right. The stuff I had been taught that made me reject Christianity as the domain of the do-gooders and mentally challenged..it wasn't in there.

I kept hearing about "The Plot" on the show. After deliberating for a month, I kicked $50 for the Plot just to see what it was. At this point, the Christian religion wasn't looking as bad to me as it had. Of course, I could never do all the things you're required to do to go to heaven--never swear, never have a good time, and have your butt planted in a pew every Sunday. But Bob made a lot of sense most of the time, so I figured it would be a pretty good read.

I got "The Plot" early one afternoon 4 years ago. I couldn't put it down. Pieces started falling into place. I could see the stupid misconceptions I had explained, and I saw the Christian faith in it's entirety, the interrelation of the different sections of the Bible, the unity, logic in dealing with criminal acts, just a deluge of information. I think I read for about 14 hours straight. Early that morning I accepted Christ as savior. I had never seen Him, but He had been there all along--hidden by layers of man-made religion.

Whispers, if someone hears Bob Enyart and gets offended, then great. They need to be offended. They need to become so offended that they stop doing the revolting thing they're doing or thinking. And I don't know how much you know about Bob Enyart--probably not a lot--he criticizes the way he used to live and points it out to people as evil, and tells the consequences of his actions as an example so that others might avoid the pain he put himself through. He doesn't sugar coat, and he's not a hypocrite.

And as for that poor hypothetical homo listening to the radio that gets so hurt and offended by Bob Enyart blasting him--Good! He needs it! All of the nicey-nice people who tell him that Christ died for him and leave out the other part--that God says homosexuals should be put to death, and that they're vile and disgusting to God--those nice concilliatory Christians are not helping that poor homo change his lifestyle. They are enablers. And they misrepresent God. They are either bait-and-switch salesmen, or so deceived in and of themselves that they simply do not know truth from lie.

I had laughed at the too pure for this world Christians that tried to win me over to their gelded vision of God for years. You can criticize Bob Enyart all you want, but the fact remains--I would not be a Christian if not for his attacks on the stupidity I did and believed.

Last edited:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Great post Crow!

I used to protest with Bob when I lived in Denver, now that was fun!

Bob really is a nice guy. It is funny because most people think he is mean when they see him on TV. In person you see how nice he is.

Whispers

QUOTE---Whispers, that is just too funny.

Thank you! =P

QUOTE---Whispers, if someone hears Bob Enyart and gets offended, then great. They need to be offended. They need to become so offended that they stop doing the revolting thing they're doing or thinking.

Causing offence can help sometimes, I agree with you. However, if someone walks away from God because a pastor offended him, than we must question and look deeply into the intention of the act and whether we are actually causing an effect for good. The problem with causing offence is that sometimes you change the way the person offended see you. You get labeled with one negative term or another, and the truth you may have been able to offer him on God's behalf, is disguised. You must remember that each of us is important to God. Should a homosexual be judged if he has not fully understood the word of God? Perhaps if given the chance he may change, as God's grace pours through him. As an ambassador of Christ, you may only be given one chance to print an impression upon a fellow man caught in sin. Perhaps the homosexual is lonely and confused. As disciples of god, I think we should go and sit with this person and treat him with kindness and respect. We must gain his respect so he offers us enough chance to offer him the divine word of Christ. Perhaps then a chink in his armour is opened, and we get through....perhaps not. I just don’t see that repeatedly denouncing homosexuality on a radio show is the way to open a man's heart to Christ.

Please don’t misunderstand me, I fully appreciate that the Pastor helped you to find God. The Pastor's methodology is not without success, I just wonder if there is a better or kinder way? Maybe not, who really knows but God?

QUOTE---And I don't know how much you know about Bob Enyart--probably not a lot--he criticizes the way he used to live and points it out to people as evil, and tells the consequences of his actions as an example so that others might avoid the pain he put himself through. He doesn't sugar coat, and he's not a hypocrite.

Despite the impression I may have offered, I do respect the Good Pastor and share some of his views. He is preaching God's word, and is a defender of truth as he sees it. I do not nned to know tha Pastor, I only need to know God. Know first the kingdom of God. From there, I can work at deciding on the more earthly things and how they relate to that very kingdom.

QUOTE---And as for that poor hypothetical homo listening to the radio that gets so hurt and offended by Bob Enyart blasting him--Good! He needs it!

Tell me please, where did I say that the hypothetical person was Gay? I was alluding to the fact that he was offended by the Pastor's tone and lack of compassion and not his take on homosexuality. The Pastor is not God, merely a reflection. Look not to the Pastor for God, look to God. The Pastor falls short of the glory of God and as such, must be looked upon as a fellow man only, just like you and I. His opinions are only valid when they EXACTLY reflect God's word.

QUOTE---All of the nicey-nice people who tell him that Christ died for him and leave out the other part--that God says homosexuals should be put to death, and that they're vile and disgusting to God

Please can you quote scripture here. I would like to explore this further with you.

QUOTE---those nice concillatory Christians are not helping that poor homo change his lifestyle. They are enablers. And they misrepresent God. They are either bait-and-switch salesmen, or so deceived in and of themselves that they simply do not know truth from lie.

Exactly the same could and regularly does get said about the Pastor and his followers. What would Jesus really think if he sat in on one of the Pastor's shows?

Status
Not open for further replies.