Who Died With Christ?

Samie

Scriptures say:

NKJ 2 Corinthians 5:14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died

So, did all die when Christ died?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Scriptures say:

NKJ 2 Corinthians 5:14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died

I know I am alive. If you are reading this you are alive. Is it true that every person that ever lives will die? When Christ died many had yet to be conceived or born.

Is it true that some who have died have come to life again? Yes.

Is it true that Christ died for all? According to this verse, yes. Have all died? According to this verse, in what sense? Is this a big picture, including all people who would ever live, seeing that all people who would ever live, and all that have come before, would die? It is appointed for men once to die and after this the judgment. For Christians we can say I have been crucified in Christ and it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me, and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Galatians 2:20 NASB - "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Hebrews 9:27 NASB - And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

See what the following passage has to say.

Romans 6:1-11 NASB - 1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it? 3 Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; 7 for he who has died is freed from sin. 8 Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

So what is the nature of your question? What is the question you are asking about the verse you have quoted? Believing all scripture to be true, we know this verse is true.

Ben Masada

Scriptures say:

Jamie, I do not understand what you mean. As the Prophets of the Most High were concerned, no one could die for the sins of another. (Jeremiah 31:30; Ezekiel 18:20) Therefore, Jesus did not die for all. And we all die because we have been born. That's as simple as that.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jamie, I do not understand what you mean. As the Prophets of the Most High were concerned, no one could die for the sins of another. (Jeremiah 31:30; Ezekiel 18:20) Therefore, Jesus did not die for all. And we all die because we have been born. That's as simple as that.

Ben,

What was the sacrificial system commanded in Moses about?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Bradley D

As a Christian I believe Jesus Christ was sinless and His on the cross took my sins away. Paul tells me that I am to die to sin. Baptism is a sign of dying to self/sin in the immersion. Then coming back up a new person in Christ

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My old man was crucified with Christ. When the Father looks my way, he sees his perfect Son because I was raised up with him and my new self is hid in Christ.

Samie

. . .

So what is the nature of your question? What is the question you are asking about the verse you have quoted? Believing all scripture to be true, we know this verse is true.
So then you believe as I do that ALL died with Christ. And for me, the ALL who died with Him includes the whole of Adam's race, no one exempted nor left out, because Christ died for every man. Heb 2:9

But do you believe as I do that the ALL who died with Him when Christ died were also made alive TOGETHER with Him when He resurrected, as these verses say?:

NAS Ephesians 2:4-5 4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)

This fact was reiterated by Peter when he said that we were born again through the resurrection of Jesus:

1 Peter 1:3 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

But since you believe all scripture to be true, I guess you believe as I do that ALL died with Him when He died and ALL were made alive TOGETHER with Him when He resurrected.

Epoisses

So then you believe as I do that ALL died with Christ. And for me, the ALL who died with Him includes the whole of Adam's race, no one exempted nor left out, because Christ died for every man. Heb 2:9

But do you believe as I do that the ALL who died with Him when Christ died were also made alive TOGETHER with Him when He resurrected, as these verses say?:

NAS Ephesians 2:4-5 4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)

This fact was reiterated by Peter when he said that we were born again through the resurrection of Jesus:

1 Peter 1:3 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

But since you believe all scripture to be true, I guess you believe as I do that ALL died with Him when He died and ALL were made alive TOGETHER with Him when He resurrected.

Samie excludes faith from his doctrine. According to him all people are born again the moment they are born into the world. The gang banger out there pumping lead into the meth heads is born again according to him.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John 3:6,7

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

So what? We are not saved by Jesus' death and Paul said those who do not have the Spirit of Christ are not his.

There is no other name...

Samie

Samie excludes faith from his doctrine.
I don't. In fact, I teach all men are given faith, as Scriptures say. Rom 12:3

According to him all people are born again the moment they are born into the world.
According to Scriptures, not according to Samie. See Eccl 7:29

The gang banger out there pumping lead into the meth heads is born again according to him.
The born-again are those who God caused to be born again through the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. 1 Pet 1:3. And that includes you & me, as well as the gang banger.

beloved57

Did the golden calf die for anyone ?

Epoisses

The born-again are those who God caused to be born again through the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. 1 Pet 1:3. And that includes you & me, as well as the gang banger.

The gang banger is born again in Samie's gospel.

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.  The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. John 3:5-8

Samie

Epo,

The verses you quote did not say what you want them to say. Sorry, but you are MISUSING the Bible verses you quote.

The gang banger is CAPABLE of overcoming evil with good, but he REFUSES to overcome it. Why is he capable? Because he is In Christ and he can do SOMETHING: he can overcome evil with good. Sadly, he REFUSES to.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The gang banger is CAPABLE of overcoming evil with good, but he REFUSES to overcome it. Why is he capable? Because he is In Christ and he can do SOMETHING: he can overcome evil with good. Sadly, he REFUSES to.

Sadly, that is not true. No one is "in" Christ unless the Father gives the person to Christ.

Ben Masada

Scriptures say:

Yes, including the hope that Jesus could have been the Messiah. Why? Because the Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 35-37)Hence, Prophet Habakkuk said, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." (Habakkuk 3:13)That't what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel the Son of God. (Exodus 4:22,23) "Israel is My Son; let My Son go that he may serve Me."

Ben Masada

As a Christian I believe Jesus Christ was sinless and His on the cross took my sins away. Paul tells me that I am to die to sin. Baptism is a sign of dying to self/sin in the immersion. Then coming back up a new person in Christ

Jesus declared in Matthew 5:17-19 that he had come to fulfill and confirm the Law and the Prophets down to the letter. He knew from the Scriptures that no one can die for the sins of another. (Jeremiah 31:30 and Ezekiel 18:20) How could he contradict himself? He didn't; Paul was the one who claimed that Jesus had taken people's sins away on the cross.

Ben Masada

Ben, What was the sacrificial system commanded in Moses about?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

The sacrifices were about the prophetic Scapegoat aka Israel the Ten Tribes which would be taken by the Assyrians through the desert Eastward to Assyria. Then, after the event was fulfilled, the Jews continued with the sacrifices now in memory of the fulfilled event; just as even to this day, we celebrate the Passover in memory of the Exodus from Egypt about over four thousands years ago.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The sacrifices were about the prophetic Scapegoat aka Israel the Ten Tribes which would be taken by the Assyrians through the desert Eastward to Assyria. Then, after the event was fulfilled, the Jews continued with the sacrifices now in memory of the fulfilled event; just as even to this day, we celebrate the Passover in memory of the Exodus from Egypt about over four thousands years ago.

The blood over the door post that prevented Death from coming in the house?

Samie

KJV Revelation 1:
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood
Looks like the Revelation of Jesus Christ in the above verses does not agree with you, Ben. And Isaiah, too. KJV Isaiah 53:1-12:
1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.