Who Are The Elect?

Robert Pate

Banned
The first and most obvious to be elected was Jesus Christ. God chose Jesus Christ to be the savior of the world, 1 John 4:14. It was Jesus Christ that reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. If Jesus Christ reconciled us and the world unto God all other elections are irrelevant. It is just as important to be reconciled unto God as it is to be elected. The words "Reconciled" and "Elected" have pretty much the same biblical meaning.

RECONCILE: To bring back to friendship after an estrangement.

ELECTION: To choose or select a person.

God has chosen all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ, Ephesians 1:4. You cannot be reconciled without being elected, nor can you be elected without being reconciled.

When you are reconciled unto God you are also elected. The Bible knows nothing about an individual election. God is no respecter of persons, Acts 10:34. Everything that God does, he does corporately. The scripture does not say that Jesus only atoned for the sins of "Some Certain Persons". What it says is that Jesus atoned for the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2 and reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Calvinist need to come to realize that Jesus has dealt with the sins of humanity, so that now... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Whosoever means all, anyone, everyone that shall call upon the Lord shall be saved.

CherubRam

The ones getting into heaven are the ones who keep God's commands. Do you remember the Sabbath?

Exodus 31:13
“Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.

Exodus 31:17
It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’”

Most Christians forget that they are a GRAFTED BRANCH.

1 John 5:3
In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

2 John 1:6
And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

Revelation 12:17
Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.

Revelation 14:12
This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

Sonnet

1 Peter 1:20
He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I don't think Pat even knows what he believes. I think he has some arbitrary complaint against Calvinism and just makes things up daily to try and attack it.

When folk reject bible doctrines and predestiny and election are huge in the bible they just seem to wander further and further away and anon find themselves in a dry desert place.

CherubRam

The ones getting into heaven are the ones who keep God's commands. Do you remember the Sabbath?

Exodus 31:13
“Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.

Exodus 31:17
It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’”

Most Christians forget that they are a GRAFTED BRANCH.

1 John 5:3
In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

2 John 1:6
And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

Revelation 12:17
Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.

Revelation 14:12
This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

Who is a Jew or the nation Israel? http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?105095-Who-is-a-Jew-or-the-nation-Israel&highlight=

Robert Pate

Banned
Who are the elect?

The elect are those that have been reconciled unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19. And who has been reconciled unto God? ALL OF HUMANITY or the world.

"God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Wake up Calvinist! Why is it you cannot hear and believe the scriptures?

As far as God is concerned all of your sins are dead and buried and you have a free pass into heaven. To him that does nothing more than call on the name of the Lord shall be saved, Romans 10:13.

KingdomRose

The first and most obvious to be elected was Jesus Christ. God chose Jesus Christ to be the savior of the world, 1 John 4:14. It was Jesus Christ that reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. If Jesus Christ reconciled us and the world unto God all other elections are irrelevant. It is just as important to be reconciled unto God as it is to be elected. The words "Reconciled" and "Elected" have pretty much the same biblical meaning.

I don't agree. Every one of us humans needs to be reconciled to God, because we all inherited death from Adam. But not all of us are of the "elect." Before Adam rebelled there was no need for any rule by Christ and his co-rulers. Every human would have been God's friend, without need of reconciliation, and would enjoy being governed by God Himself in a close friendship relationship. Christ never would have needed to come down to earth to reconcile anybody.

God's plan for humans is to have us live on this planet forever, enjoying abundance in everything (Isaiah 45:18). Adam goofed it up for a time, but Jesus paid the price to give us all the hope for an eternal life on earth once again. We are all imperfect and in need of big changes in ourselves, which will take 1,000 years to complete. Jesus will rule for 1,000 years and guide us to perfection. (Revelation 5:10, 20:4,6)

There are many scriptures that show what it will be like on the earth when Christ rules. Why are these ignored by most clergy and their people?

The next question is: if we are intended to live on the earth forever, why would God want us to go to heaven? Answer: He doesn't. There is just one reason for any human to go to heaven, and that is to rule with Christ, to help bring humans back to perfection (as well as guiding us in building and arranging, and taking care of the resurrected dead, etc.). How many humans would Christ need to rule with him? A ruling class is never very large, is it? 144,000 people is plenty, I imagine.

144,000 people will go to rule with Christ in heaven, and these are "the elect." They are the only ones who need to be anointed with Holy Spirit and "born again." If a person has ANY question about whether or not he/she is born-again, then they are not. I'm not. I want to live on earth forever. The Kingdom belongs to Jesus and the 144,000. The 144,000 are not better than the rest of us. Barack Obama is not better in any way than the rest of us, and do any of us really think that any of the people running a government are better than we are? Of course not. So we should not be insulted because we are not part of the ruling class.

So, no...when you are reconciled to God, that doesn't mean you are elected as well. So what? We of the earthly group will be able to run, dance, swim, play baseball, climb mountains, eat the most delicious food we ever tasted, learn everything we want to learn & keep on learning, forever.

And to be saved doesn't mean "go to heaven." We who will always be on Earth are also saved.

Robert Pate

Banned
Was Abraham saved corporately? Was Abel, Noah, Daniel? Were all of these saved corporately?

Yes, salvation was provided for them before the foundation of the world.

They were all justified by faith because they believed God and his promise of a savior.

Robert Pate

Banned
I don't agree. Every one of us humans needs to be reconciled to God, because we all inherited death from Adam. But not all of us are of the "elect." Before Adam rebelled there was no need for any rule by Christ and his co-rulers. Every human would have been God's friend, without need of reconciliation, and would enjoy being governed by God Himself in a close friendship relationship. Christ never would have needed to come down to earth to reconcile anybody.

God's plan for humans is to have us live on this planet forever, enjoying abundance in everything (Isaiah 45:18). Adam goofed it up for a time, but Jesus paid the price to give us all the hope for an eternal life on earth once again. We are all imperfect and in need of big changes in ourselves, which will take 1,000 years to complete. Jesus will rule for 1,000 years and guide us to perfection. (Revelation 5:10, 20:4,6)

There are many scriptures that show what it will be like on the earth when Christ rules. Why are these ignored by most clergy and their people?

The next question is: if we are intended to live on the earth forever, why would God want us to go to heaven? Answer: He doesn't. There is just one reason for any human to go to heaven, and that is to rule with Christ, to help bring humans back to perfection (as well as guiding us in building and arranging, and taking care of the resurrected dead, etc.). How many humans would Christ need to rule with him? A ruling class is never very large, is it? 144,000 people is plenty, I imagine.

144,000 people will go to rule with Christ in heaven, and these are "the elect." They are the only ones who need to be anointed with Holy Spirit and "born again." If a person has ANY question about whether or not he/she is born-again, then they are not. I'm not. I want to live on earth forever. The Kingdom belongs to Jesus and the 144,000. The 144,000 are not better than the rest of us. Barack Obama is not better in any way than the rest of us, and do any of us really think that any of the people running a government are better than we are? Of course not. So we should not be insulted because we are not part of the ruling class.

So, no...when you are reconciled to God, that doesn't mean you are elected as well. So what? We of the earthly group will be able to run, dance, swim, play baseball, climb mountains, eat the most delicious food we ever tasted, learn everything we want to learn & keep on learning, forever.

And to be saved doesn't mean "go to heaven." We who will always be on Earth are also saved.

You are allowing your cultist religion to dictate what the Bible is saying.

The scripture says that God has reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ. We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with that.

Our part is to receive what Jesus has done to reconcile us to God. When you accept the free gift of salvation provided by Jesus then you will be reconciled unto God.

Jesus is our reconciler, 2 Corinthians 5:18,19 and our justifier, Romans 3:26.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does calling on the name of the Lord initiate salvation?

Romans 10

9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

You always seem to be asking questions in a rhetorical way, yet you are always backwards from the answer.