Where does it Say that Adam Lost His Free Will in the Fall?

Nanja

"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food and that it was pleasant to the eyes and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof and did eat and gave also to her husband with her; and he did eat" Genesis 3:6.

They both partook of the fruit by there own free wills.

The devil didn't make them do it. God didn't make them do it.

Failed.

Provide scripture support that Adam had a freewill.

~~~~~

rougueone

Adam did not lose his free will in the fall. That is another Calvinist fairy tale.

What Adam lost was his relationship with God, not his free will.

Did God cause Cain to kill Abel? Of course not. Cain killed Abel by his own free will. All through the Old Testament the prophets and the Patriarchs are making choices by their own free will, they are not puppets or robots. They think and do as they chose.

God told Jonah to go and preach the word to the people in Nineveh, Jonah, 1:1, 2. What did Jonah do? He jumped on a ship and went in the opposite direction of Nineveh. Jonah was no puppet or robot. He thought that those people in Nineveh deserved to go to hell. Jonah by his own free will disobeyed God.

Did King David committ adultery with Betsheba because it was God's will? Of course not. King David by his own free will, like Jonah, sinned against God. The fact that people are able to resist God's will should be enough proof that mans free will is alive and well.

Robert with much respect to your post, you could of made your point without zeroing in on Calvinism. I don't know much about Calvinism. But you sure give it lots of advertising in your post. I suspect you were hurt by a "Calvinist" in your life and you seem to be obsessed by it . Because many of your recent threads deal with Calvinism.
If you don't want people to know about Calvinism, Robert , don't advertise it.
Also try to use Scripture when making Biblical comparisons. . It gives much more value to your position. And allows the reader to see where and how you made your conclusion.

beloved57

Robert with much respect to your post, you could of made your point without zeroing in on Calvinism. I don't know much about Calvinism. But you sure give it lots of advertising in your post. I suspect you were hurt by a "Calvinist" in your life and you seem to be obsessed by it . Because many of your recent threads deal with Calvinism.
Also try to use Scripture when making Biblical comparisons. . It gives much more value to your position. And allows the reader to see where and how you made your conclusion.

there's not one scripture that says Adam had freewill ! He says he bases that on common sense, not scripture ! His common sense is his rule in obtaining truth, not scripture !

Robert Pate

Banned

Calvinism is anti-Bible, anti-faith, anti-Gospel, anti-Christ and anti-God.

You would be better off to believe in no God at all than to be a Calvinist.

If you are a Christian you have a responsibility to uphold the truth and to preach and teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

To do or to say nothing is to support them, 2 Peter 2:20, 21, 22.

beloved57

Calvinism is anti-Bible, anti-faith, anti-Gospel, anti-Christ and anti-God.

You would be better off to believe in no God at all than to be a Calvinist.

If you are a Christian you have a responsibility to uphold the truth and to preach and teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

To do or to say nothing is to support them, 2 Peter 2:20, 21, 22.
Calvinism is the Gospel!

Nanja

Calvinism is the Gospel!

Amen!

2 Cor. 2:15-16
For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
(v.16) To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life.
And who is sufficient for these things?

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Amen!

2 Cor. 2:15-16
For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
(v.16) To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life.
And who is sufficient for these things?

~~~~~

You have both been deceived by the devil.

beloved57

Paul said this about the Gospel. "For it is the power of God unto salvation TO EVERYONE THAT BELIEVES" Romans 1:16

Nothing about anyone that was predestinated.

If you don't believe in Calvinism, the Truths of Tulip, you don't believe the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ!

Robert Pate

Banned
If you don't believe in Calvinism, the Truths of Tulip, you don't believe the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ!

There is no Gospel in Calvinism. What you believe to be the Gospel is a false Gospel.

The word "Grace" means Gods favor.

There is no grace in Calvinism. How can there be grace in a God that condemns billions to hell for no reason?

beloved57

There is no Gospel in Calvinism. What you believe to be the Gospel is a false Gospel.

The word "Grace" means Gods favor.

There is no grace in Calvinism. How can there be grace in a God that condemns billions to hell for no reason?
Calvinism is the Gospel!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
How was Adams ability to rebel against God cancel out his free will?

Adam died spiritually, not physically, he lived to be 930 years old.

Choice is free will. CHOICE: The act of choosing; selection.

Adam by his own free will chose to sin against God in spite of all of the consequences.

Choice is not free will, If I point out to you 2 different roads and tell you to choose one I am not giving you freewill.

The one who gives the choice chooses the options and visits either choice with consequences...therefore the only one with freewill is the one who gives the choice.

Freewill would be if Adam could sin and not face any consequences, freewill is a delusion. The devil STILL propagates the idea that man can sin and there will be no consequence.

That's what atheists mean when they say "if God gave men freewill He can't blame me for using it to sin"

You taught them that...God forbade sin.

Robert Pate

Banned
Choice is not free will, If I point out to you 2 different roads and tell you to choose one I am not giving you freewill.

The one who gives the choice chooses the options and visits either choice with consequences...therefore the only one with freewill is the one who gives the choice.

Freewill would be if Adam could sin and not face any consequences, freewill is a delusion. The devil STILL propagates the idea that man can sin and there will be no consequence.

That's what atheists mean when they say "if God gave men freewill He can't blame me for using it to sin"

You taught them that...God forbade sin.

Hogwash!

Choice is free will. If you have the ability to chose you have a free will.

Adam by his own free will chose to sin against God.

God did not create puppets or robots. We all have the ability to make choices.

If you keep saying these stupid things, I have decided to turn you off.

beloved57

Hogwash!

Choice is free will. If you have the ability to chose you have a free will.

Adam by his own free will chose to sin against God.

God did not create puppets or robots. We all have the ability to make choices.

If you keep saying these stupid things, I have decided to turn you off.

What scripture said that Adam had a freewill?

john w

Hall of Fame
Leviticus 22:18 KJV
Speak unto Aaron, and to his sons, and unto all the children of Israel, and say unto them, Whatsoever he be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers in Israel, that will offer his oblation for all his vows, and for all his freewill offerings, which they will offer unto the Lord for a burnt offering;

Numbers 15:3 KJV
and will make an offering by fire unto the Lord, a burnt offering, or a sacrifice in performing a vow, or in a freewill offering, or in your solemn feasts, to make a sweet savour unto the Lord, of the herd, or of the flock:

Ezra 3:5 KJV
and afterward offered the continual burnt offering, both of the new moons, and of all the set feasts of the Lord that were consecrated, and of every one that willingly offered a freewill offering unto the Lord.

Ezra 7:16 KJV
and all the silver and gold that thou canst find in all the province of Babylon, with the freewill offering of the people, and of the priests, offering willingly for the house of their God which is in Jerusalem:

Psalm 54:6 KJV
I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise thy name, O Lord; for it is good.

I know, I know....The Clavinists/Calvinists will tell me that it does not really mean "freewill" in the verses I quoted, or "freely...choose...." does not really mean "freely....choose," as you cannot, and that, my dear, misguided John W, you cannot understand these verses, since you're not one of "the elect," not being "zapped" by the Holy Spirit, and thus I'm not "able to" believe, choose, you see.....

Right...And we serve a moron LORD God, who is as big an idiot, as His creatures, for even including these verses, pleas to believe, choose.............in His book.

Cricket....cricket....cricket...