ECT what will PENTECOSTALS DO ABOUT , Acts 1:6 ?

DAN P

Daft as a brush, Paul was Pentecostal...and he exhorted you to be.

Hi , and why not explain Acts 1:6 and why they wanted to restore their Kingdom ??:rotfl::rotfl:

Or did the DOG eat your notes !!:nono::nono:

Or are you just a FLAPDOODLER or you do not want me to know ??

dan p

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dan hates any one like the real Paul.

Dan speaks like Saul, not like Paul.

It amazes me still that the ones like the Pharisees and scribes who resisted Jesus, all speak like the Pharisees and scribes and do not know that they do.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You just believing something about Acts 1:6 does not make you a Christian, Dan,

when you reject everything else in Acs chs 1 and 2.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Hi , and wht not explain Acts 1:6 and why they wanted to restore their Kingdom ??:rotfl::rotfl:

Or did the DOG eat your notes !!:nono::nono:

Or are you just a FLAPDOODLER or you do not want me to know ??

dan p

Try to think rationally.

Before the Holy Ghost came they asked about restoring the kingdom, they were told it was none of their concern but "you shall receive power after that the Holy Spirit comes upon you an ye shall be witnesses unto Me.....unto the ends of the earth."

That is what YOU need and have never recieved.

andyc

Hi to all and Pentecostals are all over the bible , like a car on ICE on the road with no explanation or Righty Dividing anything and are very BRAZEN in they Intrepretation and no Scholarship what so ever !!

The part highlighted is a little humorous.

In Acts 1:6 " Lord , IF at this time are you RESTORING the Kingdom to Israel ???

Obviously the disciples were wondering if the nation of Israel would be politically restored from it's bondage to Roman rule. And so with Jesus returning from the dead, the disciples were rightly wondering, what happens next?
The kingdom they wanted was simply a kingdom restored to it's former glory in bondage to no other nation. We can forgive them for desiring this because none of them were filled with the Spirit, and so their thinking was still earthly.

#1 , The first verb tense is in the , " were come together " is in the Past Tense and is done with !!

This is because the 11 disciples (as it seems to suggest from verses 2-4) had assembled together. This coming together in one place to hear the final instructions from Jesus, was now completed. They were now in one place all together, no more being assembled. LOL

#2 , The Second verb tense is in the IMPERFECT TENSE , meaning that this question was going on in Past Time and then STOPPED !!

It's actually 'imperfect active', which implies that the disciples repeatedly asked the question. Obviously the asking ceased when Jesus answered. LOL

#3 , The Fourth verb " Restore Again " at this Present time !!

As explained above. To be restored again obviously meant that the disciples were desiring the former glory of the nation of Israel to be restored. They were yet to understand the concept of a spiritual kingdom, and so were confused as to what was supposed to happen next. Very understandable.

The Jew and disciples in Jesus times were looking for the restoration of Israel Kingdom and NOT the MYSTERY that Paul was to preach whatsoever !

Obviously they were not looking for a mystery kept hidden. LOL

In verse 7 Jesus tells His disciples , it is not for you to know when this Kingdom will be restored and Pentecostals keep TRYING to bring back Pentecost with there speaking in GIBBERISH instead of real Languages !

Jesus couldn't explain a spiritual answer to people who were still thinking in the natural, and so his response was correct really. When the Holy Spirit would fall on them, they would be witnesses of a spiritual kingdom.
The issue of speaking in tongues is a different subject.

The QUESTION then for Pentecostals , when is this KINGDOM giong to be Restored ??:jolly::jolly:

Jesus already answered this. Times and seasons are not for us to know, but power is to be had.

I love speaking in tongues. Awesome gift, and I use it all the time.

1 Corinthians 1:7 Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed.

Still eagerly waiting, and still using the gifts.

andyc

Try to think rationally.

Before the Holy Ghost came they asked about restoring the kingdom, they were told it was none of their concern but "you shall receive power after that the Holy Spirit comes upon you an ye shall be witnesses unto Me.....unto the ends of the earth."

That is what YOU need and have never recieved.

Yeah that's right. We just have to put ourselves in the disciples position at that time. They must have been scratching their heads wondering what was going on. But when the Holy Spirit stepped in...woohoooo they were off!

DAN P

andyc;419694 It's actually 'imperfect active' said:
Hi , and I see that you found out it is the Imperfect Tense and in the Active Voice !!

What does the Active Voice then , mean ?

It is also in the Indicative Mood , so explain ?

Good to see slightly expanding your knowledge from Acts 2 !!

dan p

andyc

Hi , and I see that you found out it is the Imperfect Tense and in the Active Voice !!

What does the Active Voice then , mean ?

Active is simply that the disciples assumed that Jesus (the subject of the question) would now restore the the Kingdom to Israel (action). The context of this is that from a natural earthly perspective, there is no logical reason for things to continue as they were in the current state. If Jesus simply disappeared and left the disciples as they were, the previous three years of ministry would have been pointless. Jesus would have been forgotten, and the disciples would have returned to their vocations.

And so we have to take this into consideration when looking at the mood. We shouldn't let the grammatical construction dictate the context.

It is also in the Indicative Mood , so explain ?

It's indicative because the disciples assumed that Israel's restoration was imminent. To them there was no reason to wait, because they were limited in their natural earthly interpretation of what Christ's resurrection signified. They didn't understand that they were about to be spiritually recreated and conformed to the image of Christ and according to God. The concept of a heavenly kingdom was still completely alien to their mind (John 8:23), as we see from John 14:1-4 1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. "In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. "And where I go you know, and the way you know." Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?"

So you see, their concept of a spiritual kingdom was off the radar. The way into the most holy place was not made known while the first tabernacle was still standing. And while they were yet to be filled with the Holy Spirit, the first tabernacle (the flesh) was still standing. How does a flawed physical body enter heaven? It can't.
And so the disciples were thinking about an earthly kingdom, but were radically transformed when the Holy Spirit came on them. Then they never again mentioned a reformed earthly kingdom.

2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Good to see slightly expanding your knowledge from Acts 2 !!

dan p

Not expanding, expounding.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Dan hates any one like the real Paul.

Dan speaks like Saul, not like Paul.

It amazes me still that the ones like the Pharisees and scribes who resisted Jesus, all speak like the Pharisees and scribes and do not know that they do.

LA

And, of course again, you don't know what you're talking about!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
why do you have problems with Paul ?:

No problems with Paul.

MADists here hate anything or anyone of the Spirit of God received as all the believers of Acts did.

Madists hate Pentecostals.

They claim to be baptized into the Body of Christ and claim it is not the Bride of Christ which they say is for the Jews.

Madists claim two gospels.

We can go on and on showing the errors of MAD and you can discover that for yourself by studying what they believe.

Their favourite defence of their heresies is that you are not saved.

They are dispys as well, another damnable heresy teaching the return to blood sacrifices and stone temple in the millennium/.

MAD rejects whole books of the Bible, when they rebuke their heresies, as well as much of Pauls writings.

LA

revpete

Hi , and as you said , I dislike there theology and not them as they are Enemies of the Cross of Christ , Phil 3:17 and Rom 16:17 and 18 !!

I like having you all around as Iron sharpeth Iron and it has lifted me up in my understand , bibically !!

Remember I use to be one of them and everything they believed is still very confusing !!

dan p

You were a Pente! Wow I am surprised! So, every Pentecostal on the face of the planet is an enemy of the cross of Christ. That's a big statement to make and not a touch on the arrogant side. As you know I am not a MAD but I would not go as far as to say that. Misguided is more like it. Not the Pentecostals the MADs

Pete 👤

Word based mystic

1 cor 13:10-12 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

The word PERFECT is relating to a person also Christ. Not Scriptures put together as the kjv.
but then (face to face) reaffirms the personage of Christ is the focal point of the dismissal of the gifts and faith expressed miracles or signs and wonders. Paul specifically directs us NOT to forbid speaking in tongues and the many types of tongues angelic, heavenly or earthly. The church is obviously not mature and still acting childish in many ways.

Word based mystic

These signs shall follow those who believe as well as all things are possible for those who believe Has not been dismissed or tossed from scripture. Doing the works that Jesus did and greater Is still an instructive scripture for believers.

DAN P

You were a Pente! Wow I am surprised! So, every Pentecostal on the face of the planet is an enemy of the cross of Christ. That's a big statement to make and not a touch on the arrogant side. As you know I am not a MAD but I would not go as far as to say that. Misguided is more like it. Not the Pentecostals the MADs

Pete 👤

Hi and I have been trying and finally got on line .

My folks when to an ASSEMBLY of God and also a Foursquare Church as a kid !

I saw first hand the speaking in Tongues and when about 40 years ols ADMITTED to me it is all of the flesh .

If you will check Phil 3:17 , the following verbs are ALL in the Greek [RESENT TENSE of Continuous action !

#1 , Greek word " be " Present Tense .

#2 , Greek word " mark " those are not following Paul and the message he preached , and to always MARK rgem Continuously .

#3 , Greek word " WALK " alo to Continuouly watch their WALK dispensationally !

#4 , The Greek word " ye have " Paul as the PATTERN , also in the Present Continuous tense !

These verbs are there and the first 2 verbs are in the Imperative Mood of COMMAND , and is to be Obedient to and written by Holy Spirit and in the Indicative Mood of COMMAND !!

DAN P

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No problems with Paul.

MADists here hate anything or anyone of the Spirit of God received as all the believers of Acts did.

Madists hate Pentecostals.

They claim to be baptized into the Body of Christ and claim it is not the Bride of Christ which they say is for the Jews.

Madists claim two gospels.

We can go on and on showing the errors of MAD and you can discover that for yourself by studying what they believe.

Their favourite defence of their heresies is that you are not saved.

They are dispys as well, another damnable heresy teaching the return to blood sacrifices and stone temple in the millennium/.

MAD rejects whole books of the Bible, when they rebuke their heresies, as well as much of Pauls writings.

LA

i believe both MAD and Pentecostal in their Truths. i rightly divide both. impossible ? no. obviously, those last things you mentioned are wrong. for a short time, there were different audiences. i reject no part of The Bible. - i will stay tuned in - thank you - :plain: