What say you? Is the Bride the same as the body of Christ?

Hoping

Banned
Apologies for the mistake.
No big deal.
Except it's not a verse. It's literally just "Remember, don't commit adultery."
It is a verse.
Would you be pleased that she has a reminder of the law "do not commit adultery" in her visor?
Would you not think that she's struggling with remaining faithful to you?
I wouldn't think that at all.
I wouldn't jump to conclusions just because she had a bible exhortation on her visor.
If the next day it read..."Remember, Don't steal."...I wouldn't think she was a thief either.
(Please note, this is all hypothetical, and in no way am I suggesting you or your wife would cheat on each other.)
If you asked your wife what I asked you, "if you found a note in the visor of my car that said "remember, do not commit adultery," would you be happy or angry?" what would she say?
I'ld ask if she always posted bible verses in her car.
I can almost guarantee you that she would be furious and/or distraught, because the implication is that you're struggling to remain faithful to her, and apparently need a reminder to stay faithful.
Hypotheticals are like that.
The "implication" I see is that she wants to keep her mind on the Lord and on His commands.
(By the way, this goes to show the difference between men's and women's minds.)
Let me ask you a similar question as a follow up:
What if, instead of a note that says, "Reminder, don't commit adultery," it's a note that says, "Reminder, love your husband"? Compared to how you feel about the former note, would you feel happy or sad? Or perhaps, as I would, would you not even think twice about it?
Same response.
Has this happened to you?
Do you see the problem yet?
The law (be it the 10 Commandments or the note that says "Reminder, don't commit adultery") will only bring condemnation, it cannot bring about obedience.
That is not true for Christians.
You fail to remember Christians have been reborn of God's seed and cannot commit sin. (1 John 3:9)
You don't really think that every time a Christin sees a 45 MPH sign that they want to drive 65 MPH, do you?
Not only does it give opportunity to sin,:
But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me. - Romans 7:8-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans7:8-11&version=NKJV
As we Christians are no longer under the Law the whole scenario is a moot point.
it's also an indicator (but not necessarily a guarantee), especially if it's a Christian who is trying to keep it, that they are struggling with whatever sin that law is about.
You are aware that Christians don't walk in the flesh and that they walk in the Spirit...right?
You, therefore, who teach another, do you not teach yourself? You who preach that a man should not steal, do you steal?You who say, “Do not commit adultery,” do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law? - Romans 2:21-23 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans2:21-23&version=NKJV
Here's my point, and Paul's:
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.” - Romans 1:16-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans1:16-17&version=NKJV
They don't live by law. The note, "Reminder, do not commit adultery," is a law.
It is also good advice.
The end result of your hypothetical "teaching" is that if we obey an old testament Law, we are lost.
Reality couldn't be further from the truth.

Hoping

Banned
Usurping authority over men has NOTHING to do with posting on a theology forum. Egads
How does one determine which "forum" he is in?
I was simply responding to a pointed question.
Are you under the Law of Forums?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If someone says, if I steal from a neighbor, am I going to hell, what do you answer?
If someone says "even though I'm in a position of power and know that it's wrong to murder children, I'm going to continue to encourage the murder of children, and I know I'm not going to hell because the priests, bishops and pope of the Catholic Church to which I belong continue to absolve me of my sin"

That man is surely going to hell

Yes?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
If someone says "even though I'm in a position of power and know that it's wrong to murder children, I'm going to continue to encourage the murder of children, and I know I'm not going to hell because the priests, bishops and pope of the Catholic Church to which I belong continue to absolve me of my sin"

That man is surely going to hell

Yes?
Who, you?

Idolater

(If he steals) I would say he has sinned and is going to hell if he doesn't repent of all sin and start to worship God.
Well, the Dispies are going to say that there's no way you're going to hell, not if you believe the (right) Gospel.

And Catholicism, agrees.

Hoping

Banned
Well, the Dispies are going to say that there's no way you're going to hell, not if you believe the (right) Gospel.

And Catholicism, agrees.
Is "Dispies" a typo for disciples?
If you believed the gospel, you would realize that God is one who keeps His word and will destroy anybody who challenges Him.
Thankfully, the God of the gospel has provided a way to be free of sinning.

Idolater

Is "Dispies" a typo for disciples?
If you believed the gospel, you would realize that God is one who keeps His word and will destroy anybody who challenges Him.
Thankfully, the God of the gospel has provided a way to be free of sinning.
God loves us.

Hoping

Banned
God loves us.
He sure does, that is why He gave us freedom from sin.
But remember that He hates sinners, as it is written in Psalm 5:5..."The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity."

Idolater

He sure does, that is why He gave us freedom from sin.
But remember that He hates sinners, as it is written in Psalm 5:5..."The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity."
God loves us.