What say you? Is the Bride the same as the body of Christ?

glorydaz

There's a lot of symbolism.

Eve is of the body of the 1st Adam.
Believers are of the body of the last Adam (Christ).

Eve was deceived and accepted sin (death).
Adam was not deceived, but went ahead and accepted sin (death) upon himself.
If Adam had not accepted sin (death) to himself then Eve would have been forever separated from him and no children born (the "seed" that saves could not have happened).
In other words, it was only through the sin (death) of Adam that salvation could be available and Eve to be made alive again.
Likewise, Christ (the last Adam) accepted sin (death) upon Himself and made it available for His bride to be made alive again.

And the two become one.
As if it was perfectly planned from the beginning. :)

ttruscott

Eve was taken out of Adam.
Was she not his body?
So who is taken out of Christ?
No one was taken. Those who left, left by their own free will.
The Satanic left Him by putting their faith in the idea that since YHWH could not be better than themselves that HE must be a liar and a false god driven by an evil psychosis of megalomania, thus sinning the unforgivable sin, fit only to be condemned in the judgement of hell, Deuteronomy 32:5.

The others who became HIS elect (His sheep, His good seed, His legitimate sons) by putting their faith in HIM as their one true GOD and Saviour from a sin, left Christ by their own free will rebellion against the command of GOD to come out for among their now Satanic friends and touch not their unclean ideas so that their love for a now demonic person would not harm them when the demons were judged, Matt 13:27-30, but they would not, making themselves sinners, ie, sheep gone astray, sinful good seed and prodigal sons, their free will enslaved to sin until their rebirth.

All sinners, ie, those now either eternally or temporarily outside of Christ were sent to earth, Matt 13:36-30, to live predestined lives for the purpose of the redemption and sanctification of the sinful elect which allows the postponement of the judgement to end and the marriage to the Lamb to begin. ImhCo...

ttruscott

If Adam had not accepted sin (death) to himself then Eve would have been forever separated from him and no children born (the "seed" that saves could not have happened).
In other words, it was only through the sin (death) of Adam that salvation could be available and Eve to be made alive again.
Well, ummm, I just don't think anyone but Christ had to enter death for the salvation of Eve et al.

Another set of metaphors to ponder:
In Satan all the reprobate, those condemned already for the unforgivable sin, Jn 3:18, the people of the evil one on earth, aka the goats, are summed up...ie, they are (in) Satan.

Eve sums up all the elect who refused to reject their friends who chose to sin the unforgivable sin and become Satanic, rebelling against their being condemned out of love for them because they believe love could not be evil, that the GOD of love should never condemn anyone to hell as too harsh a sentence for HIS child, etc, etc. This is exemplified by her treating the serpent with the respect due to a mentor or a pastor. Such love was in her eyes without shame.

Adam then, sums up all those elect whose faith in Christ failed when their loved ones, the Eves, became evil and rather than trust them to GOD's tender mercies, followed them into sin to share their experience and to try to support them thru it, becoming evil themselves out of love for others so felt no shame.

Because I believe they were also real people, the metaphor does not express a parable but a type, real people representing by their lives whole groups of people.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, ummm, I just don't think anyone but Christ had to enter death for the salvation of Eve et al.
Right, but there would have been no Christ in the flesh to die unless Adam ate of the fruit also after Eve did.
Adam would not have been kicked from the garden if he had not eaten of the fruit also and Eve would have been alone without Adam to have any descendants with.

Another set of metaphors to ponder:
In Satan all the reprobate, those condemned already for the unforgivable sin, Jn 3:18, the people of the evil one on earth, aka the goats, are summed up...ie, they are (in) Satan.

Eve sums up all the elect who refused to reject their friends who chose to sin the unforgivable sin and become Satanic, rebelling against their being condemned out of love for them because they believe love could not be evil, that the GOD of love should never condemn anyone to hell as too harsh a sentence for HIS child, etc, etc. This is exemplified by her treating the serpent with the respect due to a mentor or a pastor. Such love was in her eyes without shame.

Adam then, sums up all those elect whose faith in Christ failed when their loved ones, the Eves, became evil and rather than trust them to GOD's tender mercies, followed them into sin to share their experience and to try to support them thru it, becoming evil themselves out of love for others so felt no shame.

Because I believe they were also real people, the metaphor does not express a parable but a type, real people representing by their lives whole groups of people.
Interesting.
There could be several layers of meaning found in the story, all pointing to the need of Christ.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
So, I'm not seeing any real difference between the body and the bride of Christ.

What am I missing?
It can change the meaning of passages for you if you understand the Church to be the bride of Christ, because then all that is written about the Body of Christ, the Church, and the Bride of Christ, are all talking about the same thing. That's a big change in how you read the Scripture, obviously.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And here we are still trying to figure it out.
Never stop trying to figure it out.

But for the most part no one had it figured out, even when Christ went to the cross and resurrected they were still confussed.
Most of the prophetic statements were not figured out until after it happened and had hindsight of the events.
I suspect a lot will be the same problem of being a mystery until it all happens.
But one thing we can be certain of is that God already has it all planned to work out.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, if anything pops into your head, you better tell me. :unsure:
A popular turn of phrase among MAD is to pay attention who is being spoken to.
With that in mind, consider how this starts out in verse 4, and then when reading the following verses use a concordance to check out the cross reference verses it gives for each of the verses.

Romans 15:4-12 ESV​
(4) For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.​
(5) May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus,​
(6) that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.​
(7) Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.​
(8) For I tell you that Christ became a servant to the circumcised to show God's truthfulness, in order to confirm the promises given to the patriarchs,​
(9) and in order that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written, “Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles, and sing to your name.”​
(10) And again it is said, “Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people.”​
(11) And again, “Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles, and let all the peoples extol him.”​
(12) And again Isaiah says, “The root of Jesse will come, even he who arises to rule the Gentiles; in him will the Gentiles hope.”​

Paul is fulfilling what God wanted all along for Israel to be ---- a light unto the whole world to seek Him and be their God.
Paul, an Israelite himself, was a remnant believer of Israel.

Romans 11:1-5 ESV​
(1) I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin.​
(2) God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he appeals to God against Israel?​
(3) “Lord, they have killed your prophets, they have demolished your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life.”​
(4) But what is God's reply to him? “I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.”​
(5) So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace.​

glorydaz

A popular turn of phrase among MAD is to pay attention who is being spoken to.
With that in mind, consider how this starts out in verse 4, and then when reading the following verses use a concordance to check out the cross reference verses it gives for each of the verses.

Romans 15:4-12 ESV​
(4) For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.​
(5) May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus,​
(6) that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.​
(7) Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.​
(8) For I tell you that Christ became a servant to the circumcised to show God's truthfulness, in order to confirm the promises given to the patriarchs,​
(9) and in order that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written, “Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles, and sing to your name.”​
(10) And again it is said, “Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people.”​
(11) And again, “Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles, and let all the peoples extol him.”​
(12) And again Isaiah says, “The root of Jesse will come, even he who arises to rule the Gentiles; in him will the Gentiles hope.”​

Paul is fulfilling what God wanted all along for Israel to be ---- a light unto the whole world to seek Him and be their God.
Paul, an Israelite himself, was a remnant believer of Israel.

Romans 11:1-5 ESV​
(1) I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin.​
(2) God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he appeals to God against Israel?​
(3) “Lord, they have killed your prophets, they have demolished your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life.”​
(4) But what is God's reply to him? “I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.”​
(5) So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace.​
Alright, thanks to you I stayed up half the night reading the OT, and don't think I missed the message of your choice of verses.

I came up with this: Israel is the Bride. Can't be anything else.

marke

Alright, thanks to you I stayed up half the night reading the OT, and don't think I missed the message of your choice of verses.

I came up with this: Israel is the Bride. Can't be anything else.
I am not so sure. John the Baptist was not a born-again Christian. He was not part of the New Testament Church. But he was born a Jew.
John the Baptist was not part of the Bride, he was a friend of the Bridegroom.

John 3:28-30

King James Version

28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.
29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
30 He must increase, but I must decrease.​