What is the Gospel?

Lon

Her purdy little proof text was lifted out of context.
:doh: Acts 20:27 For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God. 28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God,[a] which he bought with his own blood.

:nono: If you are a Unitarian, it is NOT because of context. Sorry, 1M1S :nono:
Because I'm neither a dispy, catholic, nor calvinist.
Don't need to be:
It 'looks' like a lie, unwilling to believe scripture, on the face of it. I don't believe you'd do so, not as a lie, but this ignorance of the verses and surrounding, seems willfully ignorant with thumbs in ears :( -Lon

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Therefore Jesus is God. The warning wasn't to you, it was about you. We have a number of Unitarians on TOL so tend to keep track. TOL has more than its fair share.

Jesus possesses all the godliness of God that anyone other than God can possess.

Lon

Jesus possesses all the godliness of God that anyone other than God can possess.
Too limiting. You don't and better not honor me as you honor the Father. I am not and cannot be on par with Him. The Lord Jesus Christ is/can. John 5:23. It becomes sacrilegious for us Trinitarians. There is NO way you can be on par with our Lord Jesus Christ by the token. We are as far apart on this, as it gets, to the point of blasphemy.

This isn't the thread for this discussion, btw.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
:doh: Acts 20:27 For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God. 28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God,[a] which he bought with his own blood.

:nono: If you are a Unitarian, it is NOT because of context. Sorry, 1M1S :nono:

Don't need to be:
It 'looks' like a lie, unwilling to believe scripture, on the face of it. I don't believe you'd do so, not as a lie, but this ignorance of the verses and surrounding, seems willfully ignorant with thumbs in ears :( -Lon

Sure, go ahead and keep believing some dude named Antipas got cooked in a brazen cow.

Didn't yuh feel sumpthin' hittin' yuh in the butt as you walked out the university.

That was your change.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Too limiting. You don't and better not honor me as you honor the Father. I am not and cannot be on par with Him. The Lord Jesus Christ is/can. John 5:23. It becomes sacrilegious for us Trinitarians. There is NO way you can be on par with our Lord Jesus Christ by the token. We are as far apart on this, as it gets, to the point of blasphemy.

This isn't the thread for this discussion, btw.

Great is the mystery of godliness.

Lon

Sure, go ahead and keep believing some dude named Antipas got cooked in a brazen cow.
Antipater means "Like His Father" :think:
Bishop Antipas wasn't a Unitarian.
Great is the mystery of godliness.
1 Timothy 3:16 Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: Jesus Christ was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.
Didn't yuh feel sumpthin' hittin' yuh in the butt as you walked out the university.
Nope. I do the thumpin' around here, as much as you good-naturedly try. You might as well go pick a fight in a boxing gym by the same token. Do that first and let me know how it goes? I don't tend to throw my hat in the ring with those who are better schooled. "I" know better :think: Still not the thread for this...sticking up for the birds....

That was your change.
Again, this isn't the thread for this. Your sticking up for the King for the birds is no mean thing, just not the thread.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Emmanuel, God with us. Matthew 1:23

Isaiah made it clear who John the Baptist was to prepare the way for. :chew:

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Yes He sent Jesus to be God for us.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Antipater means "Like His Father" :think:
Bishop Antipas wasn't a Unitarian.

1 Timothy 3:16 Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: Jesus Christ was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

Nope. I do the thumpin' around here, as much as you good-naturedly try. You might as well go pick a fight in a boxing gym by the same token. Do that first and let me know how it goes? I don't tend to throw my hat in the ring with those who are better schooled. "I" know better :think: Still not the thread for this...sticking up for the birds....

Again, this isn't the thread for this. Your sticking up for the King for the birds is no mean thing, just not the thread.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Reactions: Lon

blackbirdking

All men do not accept Peace with God. Some trample the blood underfoot.
You make my point; a man cannot trample something he doesn't have. Christ shed His blood for all men.
He died so that whosoever will may come. A peace offering has been made by the death of Jesus Christ. Leviticus 3:6

Reconciled means peace has been effected. Had Mr. McCoy agreed to peace, but Mr. Hatfield had rejected it, there would be no peace with Mr. Hatfield. But Mr. Hatfield Junior might agree to peace, and then there would be peace between Mr. McCoy and Mr. Hatfield Junior.

Christ died for all men or all men couldn't "come" to peace or reconciliation.

I can tell by what you just wrote that you aren't saved.
Oh, ok; like you can tell that Jesus died for only some?
Since you want to get personal, you don't know if Christ died for you; He didn't die for all men and your confidence is based on what? On what you do?
I don't imply anything.
Oh but you do; you imply that God is bad. Maybe that's why you think He didn't die for all men.
Surely you must know that anyone who worships God knows He is good. It's your seeming claim that He is only Good that one might argue with. Is God only good? No, He is also Righteous, and He is also a God of Wrath.
You imply that God is not good in His righteousness and not good in His wrath.
Would you eat soup with just a pinch of cat feces in it?
Would it be good?
If God is not only good, He's not good at all.

Also;
Do all believe? I rest my case.
You implied that since all men do not believe, Christ must not have died for them. If that's not limiting the atonement, what is it?

I come right out and say eternal life is a GIFT....given to those who believe. I'm offering you a gift right now, but you're refusing it.
Since when did you have the ability to offer eternal life? How do you know I'm refusing it; maybe He didn't die for me. If I believe, will He die for me?

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:​

You don't understand how anyone can refuse to gift that has been offered them?

Let's say I offer you a trip to the moon, but you don't want to go. :idea:

Your offer to go to the moon is superficial without a ticket; when I have a ticket I can refuse ("trample it"). I can't refuse something until it is given to me.
Jesus bought every man a ticket; He paid for every man's ticket, whether the man uses it or not. He paid for every man's right (if you please) to access God. Else no man could access God for forgiveness. Every man can access God without Jesus doing one more thing; it's finished, done. What's done is done for every man; therefore, when a man believes that which he is supposed to believe, that which Christ has already done is the cause of the result of that man believing.

You deny that Christ died for some; if He didn't die for them, and they believe, must He die again, or..., can't they believe? If you keep going, you are going to have to accept T, U, I, and P; Otherwise L won't fit.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
I can't refuse something until it is given to me.

This is the second time you have said this.
Here is the other place.

How can a man refuse something if it hasn't been given to him?

This is based on a false premise.
Refusal is not based on giving. It is based on offering.
A gift is only a gift when it is accepted as such and received.
It can be purchased as a potential gift based on offering and acceptance.
But it requires both parties to participate.
Until it is accepted it is still just your personal property, regardless of your intentions.

If the government passes a law to give a rebate of $50 to every taxpayer and some never apply for it or accept it, it is not a rebate. It is still only a potential benefit.

We colloquially use the word "gift" assuming the second part of the contract will follow. But if it doesn't, for some reason, it is ineffectual and no longer a gift.

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ. Rom 5:17KJV

In the case of the unbeliever, the blood gift has not been received and has, therefore, not been applied. There are none who, having been offered the free gift of Jesus' blood as a sacrifice for sin, and having rejected the offer, are in possession of the gift. It has been offered but not given. This is one of the limiting factors of the doctrine of limited atonement.