What is the Gospel?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I’ve got a filthy mouth... but I’ve never told someone they won’t get in. I’ve warned people to get right... because their path is dangerous and I’ve warned people that mocking the Divinity of Jesus is a bad idea...

but...

Whoops... Not getting in?

I have acknowledged that not all are said to be saved in scripture... but I always iterate that they are condemned by their rejection of Jesus’ death for them. I would never tell someone that Jesus didn’t die for them when Scripture damn well says He did in every possible way!!!

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance

I suppose this makes God a universalist to you... too? G(LA)D ?

Sonnet

Wrong side of the cross, fool. :chuckle:

He has a point. Paul encapsulates the essence of the Gospel but you won't preach it.

Where's the part of Paul's Gospel that says we must confess Jesus Christ as THE LORD? Romans 10:9, Romans 10:10,11,12,13

Where's the part that says we are justified when we believe? Acts 13:39

Where's the part that says we are saved by Grace through faith? Eph. 2:8

Oops, guess he said that before, and everyone knows it but YOU. :chuckle:

Believing in the Gospel of 1 Corinthians 15:3ff assumes belief in Jesus as LORD. Since Paul tells the Corinthians that belief brings salvation then justification is assumed. Paul explicitly says that belief is required. Jesus says Himself that the work of God is to believe in the one whom He sent.

glorydaz

That does not refute my post. Those (if any) who (for what ever reason - pride, stubborn disbelief etc), did not look had the bronze serpent lifted up for them irrespective.

Please attend to the specifics of what I wrote.

Then please pay close attention to what I write. You like to ignore most of it.

God instructed MOSES to put the bronze serpent on the pole, not because of the bronze serpent, itself. Jesus never suggested that was the case. He was speaking of the sufficiency of FAITH. The necessity to believe. Period. You can tell that if you read the verses that follow. There are many other examples given of the necessity of faith...the Passover, for example. Gideon and his army. Crossing the Jordan. The walls of Jericho. Jesus was talking about the preaching of the cross and the need to believe. Men are DRAWN by the PREACHING OF THE CROSS.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.​

Being drawn is a far cry from being saved. Being drawn is a far cry from being redeemed.

John 12:32-33
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. This he said, signifying what death he should die.​

Sonnet

Then please pay close attention to what I write. You like to ignore most of it.

God instructed MOSES to put the bronze serpent on the pole, not because of the bronze serpent, itself. Jesus never suggested that was the case. He was speaking of the sufficiency of FAITH.

Please would you clarify? 'not because of'?

glorydaz

I’ve got a filthy mouth... but I’ve never told someone they won’t get in. I’ve warned people to get right... because their path is dangerous and I’ve warned people that mocking the Divinity of Jesus is a bad idea...

Well, aren't you special? A Filthy mouth and a scammer. You must be a liberal. All is good in LaLa Land. No hellfire and brimstone for you....just sweetness and light, and all is well with your soul. :chew:

but...

Whoops... Not getting in?

You can't preach the Gospel, without giving them the Law first. First they find out their guilt. But you like to skip that minor detail. Romans 3:19

Matt. 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.​

I have acknowledged that not all are said to be saved in scripture... but I always iterate that they are condemned by their rejection of Jesus’ death for them. I would never tell someone that Jesus didn’t die for them when Scripture damn well says He did in every possible way!!!

Well, aren't you special once again? You "iterate" that they are condemned..... :chuckle:

I suppose this makes God a universalist to you... too? G(LA)D ?

Minor detail. You are not God. You are the Evil one who sets himself up as a little god.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=17606]Derf[/MENTION] ... [MENTION=83]Nihilo[/MENTION] ... [MENTION=6992]heir[/MENTION] ... [MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION]... [MENTION=6009]george affleck ... [MENTION=15579]1Mind1Spirit[/MENTION] ... [MENTION=11892]blackbirdking[/MENTION]

Each of you speak from your heart and compel Sonnet to see the Love of Jesus... You perpetuate discussion, though Sonnet seems to be unmovable on His doubt...

You each personify Paul’s words... All things to all men... as you do this...

We don’t witness for reward or answer questions to anyone that asks why we have blessed assurance of our hope within... that we find in Jesus... for any other purpose than Learned Love from Jesus!

So... I’m about to bow out again... before I get what I deserve...

And please don’t read the rest of this... because it isn’t for you... and it’s going to be very Naughty and Terribly visible as bad.....

Theology that doesn’t give hope to the hopeless and tell the unbeliever that Jesus died for them is like masturbation....

No matter how good someone is at it... or how good they can make it look... It’s nothing more then them screwing themselves.

:e4e:

Last edited:

glorydaz

Please would you clarify? 'not because of'?

The bronze serpent was foolishness to those who were perishing. Why look at a bronze serpent, when it was the bite of a serpent that was killing you?

Because it required FAITH. Faith in God's provision (no matter what the provision - manna etc.). That was the lesson in the wilderness, and it was the lesson Jesus was giving concerning FAITH...believing for life.

1 Corinthians 1:18KJV
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.​

blackbirdking

Remember Me?

Are you saying Jesus isn’t God? If so... I’m not backing you any more... and sincerely... I hope you didn’t just blow every positive thing you’ve said... by declaring that Jesus isn’t God.

I sincerely was so refreshed to see someone leaning on “The Spirit”... but perhaps I read into your views...

I’m flamed out and set for incineration. BBK... I believe John 5:39 declares Jesus is God... because only God is greater than scripture. Only God Saves... Isaiah 43:11 ... Luke 2:11

Only God forgives sin and Jesus is God.

You ruined my night m8.

Go join GD in teaching Limited atonement...

I inferred that Jesus is not only God. Jesus was also a man. Jesus as a man prayed to His Father. Tell me of one time that Jesus prayed to Himself or did His own work.

If you don't believe Jesus was a man, we definitely disagree.

If you don't believe Jesus is/was God, we definitely disagree.

Do I understand it, no. Jesus on the earth, forgave sins. In heaven He is our High Priest. God forgives sins.

Jesus is seated on the right hand of the Father, definitely two seats are being filled by God.

How did I say that Jesus is not God?

Later...

Sonnet

Hebrews 2:17
Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I inferred that Jesus is not only God. Jesus was also a man. Jesus as a man prayed to His Father. Tell me of one time that Jesus prayed to Himself or did His own work.

If you don't believe Jesus was a man, we definitely disagree.

If you don't believe Jesus is/was God, we definitely disagree.

Do I understand it, no. Jesus on the earth, forgave sins. In heaven He is our High Priest. God forgives sins.

Jesus is seated on the right hand of the Father, definitely two seats are being filled by God.

How did I say that Jesus is not God?

Later...

BBK...

You we’re misunderstood earlier ... linked here... and I wanted to receive adequate clarification

I had to make sure that you didn’t mean what was insinuated by the linked insinuation and figured that you would amp your response up to clarify the root of this misunderstanding...

You don’t ever need backing... and at this point... being associated with me isn’t helpful one bit anyways...

But... for the record... you are a blessing to this thread...

I apologize for “reading you wrong” and though I fully back everything you write more than ever... You don’t need backing... after all... “With God for you...”.. well you know the rest... and I’m certain He’s pleased with your posts... that’s my human opinion... but... that is my summation.

I hope you’ll forgive me and keep on contributing here.

Encouragement from me... (a misbehaving poster) to you... (a well written poster with extraordinary points that need to be made)...

- PW

The only reason the Clique is so adamantly against your posts is the time they have invested in “Theology”.

I too have a large volume of time invested... but... [MENTION=11892]blackbirdking[/MENTION] ... it’s all worthless if we aren’t encouraging those seeking Christ... by are weak in faith or without it... and your Exalting the Holy Spirit of the matter Above Scripture Or theological study is a good start at helping the salt reclaim its flavor...

So... this is why you are critical to this thread.

People were tryen to discredit you.... and imagine that... your steadfast Witness towards Sonnet remains, while the Pharisee Ph*ck Phest still is againsts Sonnet and a majority of your posts...

What do you get when you cross Open Theism, MAD and Calvinism?

IDK... ask “Cookie Monster”

Last edited:

glorydaz

BBK...

You we’re misunderstood earlier ... linked here... and I wanted to receive adequate clarification

I had to make sure that you didn’t mean by the linked insinuation and figured that you would amp your response up to clarify the root of this misunderstanding...

You don’t ever need backing... and at this point... being associated with me isn’t helpful one bit anyways...

But... for the record... you are a blessing to this thread...

I apologize for “reading you wrong” and though I fully back everything you write more than ever... You don’t need backing... after all... “With God for you...”.. well you know the rest... and I’m certain He’s pleased with your posts... that’s my human opinion... but... that is my summation.

I hope you’ll forgive me and keep on contributing here.

Encouragement from me... (a misbehaving poster) to you... (a well written poster with extraordinary points that need to be made)...

- PW

"A misbehaving poster"...... you just can't make this stuff up, folks.

glorydaz

Somehow this thread that was so sacred to the Evil one has turned into his personal stage upon which he can strut his "stuff". :nono:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Somehow this thread that was so sacred to the Evil one has turned into his personal stage upon which he can strut his "stuff". :nono:

It’s so funny... You really crack me up...

You rail against Sonnet as being a problem here...

You won’t shut up

You think because you have support that it makes you “right”

You have now expressed that you are a 4 Point dispensational Calvinist if people read inbetween the lines...

You deny that Jesus died for ALL!

You are the most prolific poster in this thread and will be still... long after I stop replying...

You have been nailed for being a person dependent on broken debate tactics

You have yet to concede your errors that insult Christ

You ... You... You...

Oh shoot...

Have the spotlight back... Jesus will probably lend you His too...

giphy.gif

#LOL

Spoiler
giphy.gif
Who’s been pushing who’s buttons? :D