What is the Gospel?

God's Truth

I have a hard time I would say "Jesus never told anyone they were wrong." But maybe I did.

Since casting aspersions on others is such a wimpy, all-too-human way to act I just don't see how his later followers called him "Son of God" if he went around acting like that.

"Why do you call me good? Only God is good!"
Jesus was acknowledging that he was God when he said that.

"The Father makes his sun to shine on both the good AND the evil and sends his rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous ALIKE
"Who made ME a judge?"
"...forgive us our debts as we forgive those of their debts."
"...do not judge."

Jesus says we can know what is in their hearts by what they say.

Jesus also says that we are to judge those who call themselves brothers.

It is better to be able to learn to separate facts from faith in the New Testament. We should be unafraid to follow the truth wherever it leads us and not to read with inattention and to merely confirm our own prejudices.

The authentic voice print of Jesus is easily separated from the theology of the early church put into his mouth by his later chroniclers. It is helpful to know the difference between theology and data, evidence and interpretation, opinion and ancient traditions.

Unless we can discover what the original authors meant when they wrote a particular passage or verse, then we might just as well say that the Bible means whatever we say it means.
You will not know what the scriptures truly mean until you do what Jesus says. That is when Jesus will reveal himself to you. See John 14:21, and John 7:17.

Danoh

I can't tell you how good it is when I witness someone else who can see.

Thank you for acknowledging what I said and correcting heir.

The fact is that you and Interplanner are miles apart as to what that one gospel you both only appear to agree on, is.

Personally, I do not believe either of you is being intentionally deceptive.

At the same time, your result as to this one gospel you think you are both in agreement on, is the same as far as being miles apart in important content, as that of a Muslim saying to a Protestant, "we believe in sir Jesus."

You are both miles apart with one another as to what that one gospel is, as well as, as to one's responsibility.

The result being that one of you two is possibly still lost, or at best, severely confused about what the gospel is that saves, how it does, and how one avails oneself of it, as well as what one's role is in its maintenance, if any.

Lay it out to one another and you'll see.

Tetelestai; who's views are much like Interplanner's knew this, GT, but refused to engage you on it. All his posting, and when this critical of all issues was on the table - dealing with you on this; he continually came up with excuses.

Hopefully, Interplanner is a better man.

Zeke

nobody can read ur avatar - and whats ur point with Romans 16:7

So were these fellow kinsmen/Jews in Christ, or the one new man/creature seeing Paul's states there is none in Christ which would make Peters message to the Jew for the Jew a oxymoron, Peter speaks of a royal blood line which is concerned with the genealogy of flesh which doesn't inherit the kingdom. Paul teaches in Galatians there is no flesh involved only the Seed of faith being conceived in us (Galatians 4:26-28) that is temporally in cased in flesh/death that will transcend this kingdom of shadows and types of the invisible eternal Conscience Luke 17:20-21.

The only division in this school of duality is found in 2Cor 3:6.

God's Truth

The fact is that you and Interplanner are miles apart as to what that one gospel you both only appear to agree on, is.

Personally, I do not believe either of you is being intentionally deceptive.

At the same time, your result as to this one gospel you think you are both in agreement on, is the same as far as being miles apart in important content, as that of a Muslim saying to a Protestant, "we believe in sir Jesus."

You are both miles apart with one another as to what that one gospel is, as well as, as to one's responsibility.

The result being that one of you two is possibly still lost, or at best, severely confused about what the gospel is that saves, how it does, and how one avails oneself of it, as well as what one's role is in its maintenance, if any.

Lay it out to one another and you'll see.

Tetelestai; who's views are much like Interplanner's knew this, GT, but refused to engage you on it. All his posting, and when this critical of all issues was on the table - dealing with you on this; he continually came up with excuses.

Hopefully, Interplanner is a better man.

Well, I am glad that you want to hear others debate me.

Tetelestai did not want to debate me because he knows he cannot defend his false beliefs against the truth that I speak.

You, however, cannot debate me either. You do not reply to the scriptures I give and the explanations. All you do is try to put me down personally, as a defense, it is no defense.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So were these fellow kinsmen/Jews in Christ, or the one new man/creature seeing Paul's states there is none in Christ which would make Peters message to the Jew for the Jew a oxymoron, Peter speaks of a royal blood line which is concerned with the genealogy of flesh which doesn't inherit the kingdom. Paul teaches in Galatians there is no flesh involved only the Seed of faith being conceived in us (Galatians 4:26-28) that is temporally in cased in flesh/death that will transcend this kingdom of shadows and types of the invisible eternal Conscience Luke 17:20-21.

The only division in this school of duality is found in 2Cor 3:6.

Too bad you only make sense to yourself.

God's Truth

Jesus said his words are LIFE.

Jesus' words are life for ALL.

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus said his words are LIFE.

Jesus' words are life for ALL.

John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

He was speaking to the lost sheep of the House of Israel. Not to the
Gentiles.

God's Truth

Jesus preached the "Kingdom Message" to the lost sheep of the
House of Israel. You're wrong again. See how confused you are?

Jesus preached to the lost sheep of Israel while he walked the earth, but when he was crucified, then all could be included.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus preached to the lost sheep of Israel while he walked the earth, but when he was crucified, then all could be included.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

God's Grace wasn't available to the Gentiles until it was reveled to Paul.

God's Truth

To the House of Israel only.

First to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Acts 3:26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;