What is the express image of God?

StanJ

Did he not say that all power was given to him by his Father.

Jesus is a man, he had the spirit in him. That spirit is the express image of God. That made Jesus Christ a form of God, not God.

The Father speaks and Christ's jumps. He came to do the will of his Father. He did not come of his own accord, he was sent.

Did he?

Jesus is BOTH a man and God, hypostatic in nature. IF you understood the Greek you would know that means his essence IS God.

If He was given ALL authority over God Himself, then He must be God Himself or we have TWO Gods. You choose.

StanJ

Bet you do not like the NIV.

John 1:18New International Version (NIV)

18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

No they both hate that verse and ALWAYS deny and distort it, just like the JWs do.

StanJ

Hi Brinny, When you get down to the finer points of what has been said here you will hopefully see that StanJ is only here to misrepresent what others believe to be true, put words in their mouths, slander them, tell them they should not be allowed to post here, while not understanding a word they have written or said. He is merely a bull of Bashan who thinks he is in a china shop, (but you cannot stab Spirit with a kitchen knife). :crackup:

For instance what he apparently still does not comprehend is that I have indeed said many times that Yeshua the Messiah is Elohim from the beginning, (Genesis 1). However, if he did ever notice it, he has pretty much denied what I said by his comments to you here. The finer points really concern questions like exactly WHO is Messiah Yeshua: is it the man Yeshua who was crucified the third hour and was not in a physical condition to carry his own cross for being beaten so badly? or was it Yeshua the Messiah who was crucified at about the sixth hour in the Gnostic Gospel of John who indeed carried his own cross? How can you have the same person carry his own cross in one account and in the other three accounts someone else carries his cross for him? There should certainly be legitimate answers to questions like this from those who use primarily the Gnostic Gospel of John to "prove Jesus is God" wouldn't you think? Especially if they are going to go around trying to crucify people who disagree with them wouldn't you think? These are the kinds of questions StanJ has ignored in his rampage through this thread while falsely accusing others with accusations he cannot even prove and worse off not even being capable of giving any legitimate and feasible answers to the things that have been asked of him from the scripture using genuine logic as opposed to dogmatic assertions. On one previous page since the last time I posted in this thread I noticed that StanJ was basically saying the problem with those who disagree with him is that they "think" and there is, according to him, no need to "think" to be able understand what he believes, (he said thinking was what got us into trouble). In other words just "turn off your mind, relax, and float down stream", just beleeeeve and you too can be saaaved just like Stan. As Yeshua warned: the man is a house and the house in this case appears to be swept clean and garnished. :)

So Brinny, did you understand ANY of this blarney that daqq posted?

keypurr

Did he?

Jesus is BOTH a man and God, hypostatic in nature. IF you understood the Greek you would know that means his essence IS God.

If He was given ALL authority over God Himself, then He must be God Himself or we have TWO Gods. You choose.

Hypostatic baloney.

Your beyond hope. God gave his created express his fullness. Christ came with that power that his God gave him. When are you going to see that we only have one true God?

You do not seem to understand Greek or English.

StanJ

Your beyond hope. God gave his created express his fullness. Christ came with that power that his God gave him. When are you going to see that we only have one true God?

I understand very well, and that is why you call it baloney.
Yes I agree, we only have ONE TRUE GOD, and He is also our savor, Jesus Christ.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Your God has a God and it is my God.

Mr. Keypurr,

Do you know or speak of any other subject besides God NOT coming in the flesh ?

Can you discuss anything other than anti-trinity opinions ?

Do you feel that this is the most important thing you can do on TOL ? -

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Neither Messiah or Christ means God.

We have discussed this before, Christ means anointed yes.
But I also believe that Christ is the name of the spiritual son of the most high God. Christ was a spiritual being that joined Jesus at the anointing. Jesus was anointed with the spirit Christ.

At THAT TIME God declared that this was his son.

Why was it needed for Jesus to go into the wilderness for forty days?

My thoughts on that are that he just received Christ and the POWER that came with him. It only then that he was tempted. Think about that friend.
I think you are saying something like people can receive Christ now like Jesus did. Nope.

Jesus did not "receive Christ" they way you think He did. Jesus is the Christ. He didn't "receive" the Christ.

For those who "receive Christ" in this day... they may have accepted Jesus into their life. Remember, Jesus was received by many in His day. What did it mean then? :)

If you receive a prophet you will receive a prophet's reward.

See John 1:12-13 about Jesus. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. It is difficult, too difficult I think, to think that He was God's only begotten Son but that He was not Christ/Messiah the entire time from when He was conceived or born onward.

keypurr

Mr. Keypurr,

Do you know or speak of any other subject besides God NOT coming in the flesh ?

Can you discuss anything other than anti-trinity opinions ?

Do you feel that this is the most important thing you can do on TOL ? -

How about keeping the Ten Commandments?

Or Sunday worship?

I see the trinity as the mark of the Beast. The Trinity creates a second God. That goes against scripture.

I discuss many things Pat.
But breaking the Ten, which the Trinity does, is my pet.

keypurr

I think you are saying something like people can receive Christ now like Jesus did. Nope.

Nope, that is not what I am saying. Jesus the flesh son of God is the only one to receive Christ, the spiritual son of God. Jesus is the body prepared for Christ.

Jesus did not "receive Christ" they way you think He did. Jesus is the Christ. He didn't "receive" the Christ.

Jesus became the Christ when the Dove landed on him.

For those who "receive Christ" in this day... they may have accepted Jesus into their life. Remember, Jesus was received by many in His day. What did it mean then? :)

That is a different subject. We receive the Holy Spirit that comes form the Father through Christ.

eceive a prophet you will receive a prophet's reward.

See John 1:12-13 about Jesus. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. It is difficult, too difficult I think, to think that He was God's only begotten Son but that He was not Christ/Messiah the entire time from when He was conceived or born onward.

Christ was begotten when he became flesh. Jesus Christ are one being after the anointing.

Christ or Messiah do not mean God. Jesus was a man with the Christ spirit in him.

I think you do not see the difference between the spirit of Christ and the Christ spirit.
The Christ spirit is the express image of the father.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Nope, that is not what I am saying. Jesus the flesh son of God is the only one to receive Christ, the spiritual son of God. Jesus is the body prepared for Christ.

Jesus became the Christ when the Dove landed on him.

That is a different subject. We receive the Holy Spirit that comes form the Father through Christ.

Christ was begotten when he became flesh. Jesus Christ are one being after the anointing.

Christ or Messiah do not mean God. Jesus was a man with the Christ spirit in him.

I think you do not see the difference between the spirit of Christ and the Christ spirit.
The Christ spirit is the express image of the father.
You don't know what you are talking about.
It is made up and not found in the Bible.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How about keeping the Ten Commandments?

Or Sunday worship?

I see the trinity as the mark of the Beast. The Trinity creates a second God. That goes against scripture.

I discuss many things Pat.
But breaking the Ten, which the Trinity does, is my pet.

you obey God's commandments to Moses, and all of Jesus' commands
so you are under the Law/circumcision ?

James 2:10 KJV -

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Yesterday, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJ View Post
So you decided you are accountable to no man?
Why should I be?

Keypurr announces -
I am accountable only to my God and my Lord.

Hebrews 13:17 NIV - Hebrews 13:17 KJV -

2 Peter 3:16 KJV - 2 Peter 3:17 KJV -

2 Peter 3:18 KJV -

John 8:23 KJV -

John 8:24 KJV - I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe NOT that I AM HE, ye shall die in your sins.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hypostatic baloney.

i like fried bologna - baloney blony salami slami