What is the express image of God?

keypurr

you obey God's commandments to Moses, and all of Jesus' commands
so you are under the Law/circumcision ?

James 2:10 KJV -

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Yesterday, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJ View Post
So you decided you are accountable to no man?
Why should I be?

Keypurr announces -
I am accountable only to my God and my Lord.

Hebrews 13:17 NIV - Hebrews 13:17 KJV -

2 Peter 3:16 KJV - 2 Peter 3:17 KJV -

2 Peter 3:18 KJV -

John 8:23 KJV -

John 8:24 KJV - I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe NOT that I AM HE, ye shall die in your sins.

I try to obey the Commandments of God, not Moses. The Ten that Jesus taught. The ten that I keep in my heart and mind. I do so only for my love of the creator and his son. I keep them in the spirit in which they were discussed by my Lord Jesus.

keypurr

so, you have more than one God -

but you admit - God AND Lord - that's the first step; admitting you have a problem -

No, I have only one God, the Father.
I also have one Lord, Jesus Christ.

Just Paul has told you.

I do not have a problem Patrick. I see God and his son as they really are.

brinny

forgive me keypurr, if i have missed you already posting this, but i'm not clear on what you mean by "express" image of God.

Would you mind elaborating on what that means?

Thank you kindly.

keypurr

forgive me keypurr, if i have missed you already posting this, but i'm not clear on what you mean by "express" image of God.

Would you mind elaborating on what that means?

Thank you kindly.

No forgiveness needed friend and welcome to the conversation.

This thread is based on Hebrews 1:3. In the KJV it tells us that God has a son that is his express image. Other translations us the term exact copy of God's being. Now we know that God is a spirit so it is not unreasonable to think that this son is not a spiritual being.

I believe that this created spiritual being was given the fullness of the father. See Col 1:15-20. This spirit is firstborn of all creatures or creation. This is Christ, the son that God sent to become flesh in the body prepared for him. Jesus is that body, see Heb 10:5.

It is a very interesting subject to study friend. Phil 2 tells you that Christ is a form of God that took the form of man.

I hope that will get you to study it for yourself and maybe see what I see. God bless

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hypostatic baloney.

Your beyond hope. God gave his created express his fullness. Christ came with that power that his God gave him. When are you going to see that we only have one true God?

You do not seem to understand Greek or English.

Why would you say that. The hypostatic nature explains jesus truthfully and fully. He is fully God and fully man.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No forgiveness needed friend and welcome to the conversation.

This thread is based on Hebrews 1:3. In the KJV it tells us that God has a son that is his express image. Other translations us the term exact copy of God's being. Now we know that God is a spirit so it is not unreasonable to think that this son is not a spiritual being.

I believe that this created spiritual being was given the fullness of the father. See Col 1:15-20. This spirit is firstborn of all creatures or creation. This is Christ, the son that God sent to become flesh in the body prepared for him. Jesus is that body, see Heb 10:5.

It is a very interesting subject to study friend. Phil 2 tells you that Christ is a form of God that took the form of man.

I hope that will get you to study it for yourself and maybe see what I see. God bless

You need to know what the express image is before you can talk about the subject.

StanJ

Mr. Keypurr,

Do you know or speak of any other subject besides God NOT coming in the flesh ?

Can you discuss anything other than anti-trinity opinions ?

Do you feel that this is the most important thing you can do on TOL ? -

ALL cults are one dimensional.

StanJ

Believe as you wish, its your soul. You have been told.
Whatever I wish you well friend.
God bless

We are instructed to give a reason for the hope that is in us, WHENEVER we are asked. It's not a matter of assertion, it's a matter of telling the truth and supporting it with scriptures...ALL scriptures. As you cannot, then your telling means absolutely NOTHING. Just like your god, a big fat zero!

StanJ

I try to obey the Commandments of God, not Moses. The Ten that Jesus taught. The ten that I keep in my heart and mind. I do so only for my love of the creator and his son. I keep them in the spirit in which they were discussed by my Lord Jesus.

God GAVE those commandments to Moses to form the Mosaic written Law, and Jesus never taught the 10 commands, He just said two were what ALL the law hinged on. You don't listen or obey everything Jesus said.

Jesus said: I and the Father are one.
Jesus said: If you've seen me you've seen the Father.
Jesus said: If you knew me, you would know my Father also.
Jesus said: You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.
Jesus said: If you do not believe that I am He, you will indeed die in your sins.
Jesus said: You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am.
Jesus said: Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

StanJ

No, I have only one God, the Father.
I also have one Lord, Jesus Christ.
Just Paul has told you.
I do not have a problem Patrick. I see God and his son as they really are.

So you refuse to accept what John 1:18 states?

No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

keypurr

Why would you say that. The hypostatic nature explains jesus truthfully and fully. He is fully God and fully man.

I do not agree.

Two separate spiritual beings.

Christ is a FORM of God, not fully God. Phil 2.

Christ is a creation for he is the express IMAGE. All images are creations. any power he had was Given to him by his God. (Father)

StanJ

What I speak is over your head Stan

Keep telling yourself that keypurr. I'm 6'4", and not much gets over my head. Your supercilious attitude and need to be condescending about everyone's knowledge of scripture that is more accurate than yours is also very typical of cultic behavior. ALL the cults profess to have the true knowledge but everyday Christians don't. It is sadly the way apostates live.

keypurr

We are instructed to give a reason for the hope that is in us, WHENEVER we are asked. It's not a matter of assertion, it's a matter of telling the truth and supporting it with scriptures...ALL scriptures. As you cannot, then your telling means absolutely NOTHING. Just like your god, a big fat zero!

I have, you are just not smart enough to see it.

Your into the Milk, I chew on the Meat of scripture.

StanJ

I do not agree.

Two separate spiritual beings.

Christ is a FORM of God, not fully God. Phil 2.

Christ is a creation for he is the express IMAGE. All images are creations. any power he had was Given to him by his God. (Father)

We get that, but YOU can't prove your own POV when it is clear in scripture WHO God is.