What is the express image of God?

keypurr

Do you believe Christ means "anointed" or do you believe Christ means "anointing"?

The word Christ and Messiah are similar, if not meaning the exact same thing.

John 1:41 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ).

Neither Messiah or Christ means God.

We have discussed this before, Christ means anointed yes.
But I also believe that Christ is the name of the spiritual son of the most high God. Christ was a spiritual being that joined Jesus at the anointing. Jesus was anointed with the spirit Christ.

At THAT TIME God declared that this was his son.

Why was it needed for Jesus to go into the wilderness for forty days?

My thoughts on that are that he just received Christ and the POWER that came with him. It only then that he was tempted. Think about that friend.

StanJ

What rewards have you? oh what an AMAZING reward to discover that the Lord who we worship as God...and always will is not God after all.....when you are being more honest you believe we are idolators and blasphemers.
You are wrong, that is your reward.

What He also forgets, if he truly thinks he's right, is that by worshipping Jesus, he is breaking God's command to worship God ALONE.

keypurr

Psalm 84:1-3
How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts! My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God. Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O Lord of hosts, my King, and my God.

Psalm 68:20 He that is our God is the God of salvation; and unto God the Lord belong the issues from death.​

Eph 1:15 For this reason I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which exists among you and your love for all the saints,
Eph 1:16 do not cease giving thanks for you, while making mention of you in my prayers;
Eph 1:17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him.
Eph 1:18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
Eph 1:19 and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might
Eph 1:20 which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.
Eph 1:22 And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Rom 15:5 Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus,
Rom 15:6 so that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

ONE GOD AND ONE Lord.

keypurr

Jesus Speaking:
John 20:17 - "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."

Matthew 27:46 - "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

Revelation 3:12 - "Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God."

Revelation 3:2 - "for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God."

Paul:
Ephesians 1:3 - "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 1:17 - "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father..."

2 Corinthians 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Corinthians 11:31 - "The God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ knows, He who is blessed forever, that I do not lie."
Romans 15:6 - "that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Peter:
1 Peter 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Revelation 1:6 - "To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."

StanJ

I believe what I see written Totton, Christ has a God that he is in subjection to. Being the son of God does not make him God.

That's as honest as I can be friend.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ.

That has been in my posts for ten years. I have discovered the peace of knowing who my God really is and who Christ, the spirit that became flesh is also. The fact to learn is that there is only one true God. And Jesus Christ has a God, so he can not be God. He is a created copy of the father, for he is the express image of the father.

Then please get your eyes checked because NOWHERE in the Bible does it say Christ has a god.

That's not honesty, that's dogma.

How can you when you don't KNOW who that is?

So you have been apostate for 10 years now....I thought you said 5?
Apparently you stopped believing what Jesus said in John 14:10 (NIV)

keypurr

Then please get your eyes checked because NOWHERE in the Bible does it say Christ has a god.

That's not honesty, that's dogma.

How can you when you don't KNOW who that is?

So you have been apostate for 10 years now....I thought you said 5?
Apparently you stopped believing what Jesus said in John 14:10 (NIV)

Check the verses posted Stan, they were not written by me.

You are just not blind to see it for your faith is being shaken.

Use more than the NIV if you want truth. You will not find it an any one translation. I suggest you get a good Bible program like
e-Sword. It's free and it will be worth your time.

keypurr

Great articles BR. :thumb:

BR is a nice honest person but misguided like you are.

One needs to see articles for all aspects of each and every verse in scripture. Collect the thoughts of others then make your own. Prove all things, don't be a yes man to all the junk that is on the web.

StanJ

Jesus Speaking:
John 20:17 - "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."

Matthew 27:46 - "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

Revelation 3:12 - "Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God."

Revelation 3:2 - "for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God."

Paul:
Ephesians 1:3 - "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 1:17 - "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father..."

2 Corinthians 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Corinthians 11:31 - "The God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ knows, He who is blessed forever, that I do not lie."
Romans 15:6 - "that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Peter:
1 Peter 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Revelation 1:6 - "To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."

Well as YOU ignore everything Jesus DID say about His Godhood, we will reciprocate.

God's word tells us in Is 44:9-18 to not make idols and yet you claim God made an idol for us in Jesus Christ. An "express image" you call it.
Paul also says in Rom 1:21-23 that "Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things." (Underline added)

If I were you I would seriously THINK about what you are advocating we as believers should do by following your fallacious teaching.

StanJ

I worship the same God that Jesus Christ does.

How did he tell you to pray?

Where did Jesus say He worshipped God?
In Matthew 28, His disciples worshipped Him. If He wasn't God they broke the commandment He Himself quoted in Matt 4:10, and didn't rebuke His disciples about when they also worshipped Him in Matt 14:33, so then according to your Jesus not only lied but approved His disciples idol worship and breaking the biggest command of God.
Again Paul speaks of your ilk in Rom 1:28 & 32, where he writes; Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.
Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

You are lost and apostate keypurr and you compound your situation by urging all to see a truth that is NOT there, and DO what is strictly commanded by God NOT to do.

keypurr

Well as YOU ignore everything Jesus DID say about His Godhood, we will reciprocate.

God's word tells us in Is 44:9-18 to not make idols and yet you claim God made an idol for us in Jesus Christ. An "express image" you call it.
Paul also says in Rom 1:21-23 that "Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things." (Underline added)

If I were you I would seriously THINK about what you are advocating we as believers should do by following your fallacious teaching.

Where id I say God made an idol for us? You really are dumb if you see that in my posts. Were you home schooled? Because it looks like your reading ability is flawed.

I said God made his express IMAGE. That is a creation, not God. Proof again that your blinded by your displeasure of truth. You and your church are the ones who have made an idol in Jesus Christ. You have made him what he is not, God. He tells you that only his Father is the true God, yet you burry your head in the sand so you can not see the light. It is my opinion that your IQ level is low.

StanJ

Check the verses posted Stan, they were not written by me.

You are just not blind to see it for your faith is being shaken.

Use more than the NIV if you want truth. You will not find it an any one translation. I suggest you get a good Bible program like
e-Sword. It's free and it will be worth your time.

You ignore ALL scripture that IS written/breathed of God that shows you that you are wrong, so telling us to read other verses that you THINK support your POV is nothing more than deflection and obfuscation. YOU are blind and YOU do not know the God of your salvation.

keypurr

You ignore ALL scripture that IS written/breathed of God that shows you that you are wrong, so telling us to read other verses that you THINK support your POV is nothing more than deflection and obfuscation. YOU are blind and YOU do not know the God of your salvation.

Give me verses that show that the Father is not the only God.

Oh, you can not do that can you.

Your a clanging symbol Stan.

My POV is from seventy years of prayerfull study of God's word.

I have many books in my library and 30+ translations to check my work. I do wish I knew Hebrew and Greek but I don't, that is why I have so much resources.

StanJ

But to WHO?

Our Father................

And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Jesus is God because He can do ANYTHING you ask Him in HIS name.

StanJ

Give me verses that show that the Father is not the only God.

Oh, you can not do that can you.

Your a clanging symbol Stan.

My POV is from seventy years of prayerfull study of God's word.

I have many books in my library and 30+ translations to check my work. I do wish I knew Hebrew and Greek but I don't, that is why I have so much resources.

I have given you so many verses that if they were water you would have drowned by now.

Your denial is becoming increasing tedious and more than disingenuous.

Now it's 70 years? First it was 5, then 10 and now 70?

Me thinks you speak with FORKED tongue.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
John 1:1-2 KJV -

John 1:3 KJV -

John 1:10 KJV - He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not -

John 1:14 KJV -

Isaiah 9:6 KJV -

Isaiah 43:10 KJV - Isaiah 43:11 KJV -

John 8:19 KJV -

John 8:24 KJV -

John 10:30 KJV -

Titus 2:13 KJV -

2 Timothy 3:16 KJV -

2 John 1:7 KJV -

End Of Thread - :patrol: