What is Jesus saying in John 8:58 and what is he not saying?

God's Truth

Since I am seated in the heavenlies with all the other saints

Ephesians 2:6

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

For me to be down here right now, I had to come down from heaven.

You think that means you came from heaven before you were born?

Either God is right about me being seated in the heavenlies or he is wrong.

Please explain how I can be in the heavenlies right now and be on the earth right now. or explain how I got here since I am seated in the heavenlies

According to Ephesians 2:6 am I seated in the heavenlies in Christ Jesus?

When we obey Jesus, we are living through him and he through us.

I AM!

Am I typing a reply to you?

I AM!

You are not God the Father and Jesus I Am that was pierced.

Ephesians 1:4

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

How could I be chosen by God before the foundation of the world if I did not exist before the foundation of the world?
The plan was chosen.

So, if I existed before the foundation of the world, where was I?

How did I get from there to here?

You did not exist before coming here.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Greetings again 7dengo7, Well it is pretty obvious to me (and everyone else) that when oatmeal says 'Jesus is not God', he does not “mean God the Father”.

To whom, or what, then, is oatmeal referring by the word, "God", when he says "Jesus is not God"?

He rejects your claim that Jesus is God, and one way to express this is God the Son. Jesus is the Son of God, not God the Son.

When you say that "Jesus is...not God the Son", to whom, or what, are you referring by the phrase, "God the Son"?

TrevorL

Greetings again 7djengo7,
To whom, or what, then, is oatmeal referring by the word, "God", when he says "Jesus is not God"?
When you say that "Jesus is...not God the Son", to whom, or what, are you referring by the phrase, "God the Son"?
We believe that there is only One God, the Father. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

oatmeal

The plan was chosen.

No, I do not. what is your explanation for God saying that?

Very good! I am glad you see that!

oatmeal

Who is Jesus saying he is?

If he was saying "I am the light of the world"

Would he simply say, "I am"?

God's Truth

Where did the incorruptible seed I was born again of come from?

God in heaven?

Or men on Earth?

We are talking about where you came from before you were in your mother's womb, as in you did not live in heaven with God before coming to earth like Jesus did.

oatmeal

The plan was chosen.

But I said "i am" show me from scripture that saying "I am" does not prove that the person speaking it is not God!

oatmeal

We are talking about where you came from before you were in your mother's womb, as in you did not live in heaven with God before coming to earth like Jesus did.

Jesus was in his mother's womb as well.

How can God choose me before the foundation of the world if I did not exist?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus was in his mother's womb as well.

How can God choose me before the foundation of the world if I did not exist?

Simple. He didn't. At least, not YOU, specifically.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That is your opinion, but that is not what God's word teaches

Saying it doesn't make it so, Oatsy.

You cannot find a single verse that says that God chose individuals before the creation of the universe. It simply doesn't exist.

You CAN, however, find verses that use words like "us" and "we," and other plural pronouns, which describe a group of people (not the individuals, but the group itself) before the world began. (e.g. Ephesians 1:4)

You can ALSO find verses throughout the Bible that show that, even though people were chosen (before they were born (but NOT before they were conceived, by the way), no less) to serve God for all eternity, but whom largely rebelled against Him and went to Hell. (e.g. Numbers 16)

There are also a few instances where God chooses someone's descendants before those descendants are conceived, but as far as what you're trying to get at, there is no indication that God determined before He created the universe who those individuals would be nor that He knew what they would be like later, only that He would incorporate them into his plan. (e.g. Genesis 17:19)

When you get an overview of the Bible, you see that God had a few different plans. The primary plan was to make man and to be his God. And if man rebelled against Him, then He would send His Son to die for man, to redeem him. His secondary plan, in the case of man rebelling, was to have a spokesnation (like a spokesperson, but on a national scale), because God knew (because He created man and knows how he works) that trying to establish direct relationships with men who are in rebellion with him would only result in those men hardening their hearts against Him, who would be in service to Him and would be able to reach other nations and get them to turn back to Him.

His tertiary plan, which He kept secret since before He created (the mystery Paul talks about), was to form relationships with individuals, rather than on a national scale, so that He could once again fellowship with man as He did with Adam in the beginning, and as the Persons of the Trinity fellowshipped with one another throughout eternity past.

In other words, I'm not the one spouting his opinion here. You are. I'm telling you what the Bible says.

oatmeal

Could you reword that? I don't understand what you mean.

Oatmeal states, "I am"

Other people in scripture used the Greek words, ego eimi besides Jesus Christ, I am not in scripture, I used the words "I am"

Why do you not conclude that the other people that stated, "I am" are God as well?

I stated "I am" why do you not consider me to be God?

God's Truth

Oatmeal states, "I am"

Other people in scripture used the Greek words, ego eimi besides Jesus Christ, I am not in scripture, I used the words "I am"

Why do you not conclude that the other people that stated, "I am" are God as well?

I stated "I am" why do you not consider me to be God?

Oh, okay, I'll explain it again.

Because whenever God says "I am ___", there is also scriptures that say Jesus is that exact same thing.

For instance, God says I am the First and the Last. That is also said about Jesus.

God says I am the Redeemer. That is also said about Jesus.

God says I am the giver of life. That is what is said about Jesus.

Do you see now what I mean?

oatmeal

You cannot find a single verse that says that God chose individuals before the creation of the universe. It simply doesn't exist.

You CAN, however, find verses that use words like "us" and "we," and other plural pronouns, which describe a group of people (not the individuals, but the group itself) before the world began. (e.g. Ephesians 1:4)

You can ALSO find verses throughout the Bible that show that, even though people were chosen (before they were born (but NOT before they were conceived, by the way), no less) to serve God for all eternity, but whom largely rebelled against Him and went to Hell. (e.g. Numbers 16)

There are also a few instances where God chooses someone's descendants before those descendants are conceived, but as far as what you're trying to get at, there is no indication that God determined before He created the universe who those individuals would be nor that He knew what they would be like later, only that He would incorporate them into his plan. (e.g. Genesis 17:19)

When you get an overview of the Bible, you see that God had a few different plans. The primary plan was to make man and to be his God. And if man rebelled against Him, then He would send His Son to die for man, to redeem him. His secondary plan, in the case of man rebelling, was to have a spokesnation (like a spokesperson, but on a national scale), because God knew (because He created man and knows how he works) that trying to establish direct relationships with men who are in rebellion with him would only result in those men hardening their hearts against Him, who would be in service to Him and would be able to reach other nations and get them to turn back to Him.

His tertiary plan, which He kept secret since before He created (the mystery Paul talks about), was to form relationships with individuals, rather than on a national scale, so that He could once again fellowship with man as He did with Adam in the beginning, and as the Persons of the Trinity fellowshipped with one another throughout eternity past.

In other words, I'm not the one spouting his opinion here. You are. I'm telling you what the Bible says.

That is right, even if you say it.

Why not live up to your username on this subject and apply your right judging to your statements as well.

You stated, in post 52
Simple. He didn't. At least, not YOU, specifically.

Saying it doesn't make it so,

So what?

Every individual that God chose is included in the "us" and "we" of

Ephesians 1:4

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

How did God choose if not individually?

Did he simply choose one big group of people? People that did not exist yet? People who would be spread over many generations?

Judge for yourself? Judge rightly. Did God just choose some random group consisting of believers and unbelievers and hope for the best?

Is a group simply a group with no distinct individuals or do groups consist of individuals?

The truth that God chose us before the foundation of the world is really remarkable. As you point out, that is not mentioned until Ephesians 1:4

Evidently, God foreknew but did not reveal a lot of things, including the truth that He had chosen people before the foundation of the world.

We must be significant to God's plan for God to do so.

We are supposed to be holy and without blame before him in love.

To form relationships with individuals. Just like I said. that includes me, as an individual.

Thank you for your support!

What trinity? Why do you refer to God as an individual if there are three? "He, He, He"????

It there are three, then it is a group.

Persons are not a "He" but a "they".

Please learn how to be consistent, God is,

We are to holy and without blame before Him in love.

What is God?

a. He?

b. Persons?

What does scripture say?

oatmeal

Oh, okay, I'll explain it again.

Because whenever God says "I am ___", there is also scriptures that say Jesus is that exact same thing.

For instance, God says I am the First and the Last. That is also said about Jesus.

God says I am the Redeemer. That is also said about Jesus.

God says I am the giver of life. That is what is said about Jesus.

Do you see now what I mean?

That is not enough.

Since Jesus Christ was to be about his Father's business, it is not unusual that the son would do the same things as the Father.

For example if a father is a shepherd and the son is in the father's business, it would not be unusual for the son to be a shepherd, at least in some capacity, as well.

David, as a shepherd, watched over his father's flocks, why? because they were in the same business. Jesse told David what to do. David obeyed and did quite well, He actually protected the flock from a lion and a bear..

God is light, so is Jesus Christ, and for that matter so are all believers. Since we are lights does that mean we are God also?