What is it that the Devil wants more than anything else?

Huckleberry

Jesus will redeem EVERYONE. Even the Book of Revelations says that. Mythically, of course.

The beasts and the chaos that erupted from John of Patmos's faith were not real. But they were very real in the sense of divine truths.

We choose to lie on our backs and look at the clouds and make shapes of them. Or we look into the night sky and see constellations. And every group sees different ones. We have just chosen to see the sky through the eyes of the Greeks.
You have to work pretty hard to get this confused.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

We had many good comments but this is the one I was looking for.

Now what if the devil got exactly that? What would that have to mean?

I believe that all of the devil's dreams and desires have been fulfilled. With grave consequences.

quip

BANNED
Banned
If the Devil could have one thing...

jacuzzi_bathtub_2.jpg

Aimiel

Do you believe that the curtain in the temple tore in two the moment Jesus died on the cross? It makes no common sense to me.
I do believe. We believe Scripture because It is Truth. Jesus said so. He read from Scripture and didn't try to edit them. That veil was 4" thick. It tearing from top to bottom shows that God forever opened The Holy of Holies for us to enter His Presence through Christ's Blood. I believe an axe head floated. I believe a donkey spoke. I believe Jesus walked on water. God's Word said it. That settles it. I also believe It. :thumb:

glorydaz

I do believe. We believe Scripture because It is Truth. Jesus said so. He read from Scripture and didn't try to edit them. That veil was 4" thick. It tearing from top to bottom shows that God forever opened The Holy of Holies for us to enter His Presence through Christ's Blood. I believe an axe head floated. I believe a donkey spoke. I believe Jesus walked on water. God's Word said it. That settles it. I also believe It. :thumb:

Yep, and Jesus was born of a Virgin, and water came out of a rock, and the Red Sea parted. :thumb:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

So did Jesus die on Passover or on the Day of Preparation, as John says?

And is it "Blessed are the poor" as Mark tells us. Or "blessed are the poor in spirit as Matthew asserts?

And did the paralytic's friends dig through the mud and straw of the Galilean hut or did they "remove the tiles" as Luke says?

No one can walk on water. There is a divine consistency as far as the laws of physics go. Creation has always worked the same way, everywhere and any time.

The Bible was written by inspired men. It is a complex weave of remembered history, oral tradition, legends, theologies, myths and metaphors. It is only by being able to identify and separate out the various genres will we be even close to becoming biblically literate.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Heir is the only one who got this right!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Yep, and Jesus was born of a Virgin, and water came out of a rock, and the Red Sea parted. :thumb:
Caesar Augustus was reported to have been "born of a virgin" himself. And called divine and even--literally--"Savior of the World."

So if we are to take seriously historical methodology, we have to admit to what is factually correct evidence.

The theological idea of Jesus and Caesar being born of a virgin speaks to the importance of both men, not to the biology of their mothers.