What is going on in Daniel 9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beameup

JW is a false religion. YHWH is the correct name for G-d. G-d would never reveal His name as Jehovah.
Vowel points were added by the Masoretes 12th century, so the transliteration would be Yehowah
Wikipedia: Jehovah (/dʒᵻˈhoʊvə/ jə-HOH-və) is a Latinization of the Hebrew יְהֹוָה

Last edited:

SonOfCaleb

JW is a false religion. YHWH is the correct name for G-d. G-d would never reveal His name as Jehovah.
Vowel points were added by the Masoretes 12th century, so the transliteration would be Yehowah
Jehovah (/dʒᵻˈhoʊvə/ jə-HOH-və) is a Latinization of the Hebrew יְהֹוָה

Using this same line of flawed reasoning the majority of Christian faiths must also be false. As the name Jesus wasn't used by the Hebrews but Yeshua was likely the correct rendition of the name. Most Christians faiths use the name Jesus therefore they must also be false religions... In addition without the vowels which are added in all Teutonic and Latin languages much like the Tetragrammaton it would be impossible to know the exact way the name YHWH was pronounced. So the same must be true of Jesus ergo Yeshua no...

Either way this is pointless semantics, and a trivial Pharisaical rankling over transliteration which varies from one language to the next.

beameup

Well, if I was forming an anti-Catholic anti-Trinitarian religion, I certainly wouldn't use their Latin name for God.
"Jehovah" being the only true God, wouldn't it be wise to use the monotheistic Hebrew version of the "divine name" YHWH? You really couldn't make this stuff up. This really should wave a "red flag" when considering this religion

SonOfCaleb

Well, if I was forming an anti-Catholic anti-Trinitarian religion, I certainly wouldn't use their Latin name for God.
"Jehovah" being the only true God, wouldn't it be wise to use the monotheistic Hebrew version of the "divine name" YHWH? You really couldn't make this stuff up. This really should wave a "red flag" when considering this religion

Its not 'their' name. In fact it was Catholicism that encouraged the removal of the name Jehovah from the Bible The name Jehovah has been well known far back in antiquity as attested to by the Mesha Steele or Moabite Stone of circa 840BCE. It was also used by the so called early Church Fathers long before Catholicism was established.
Quite ironic how dogmatic you are regarding the name Jehovah but you don't hold the same dogma towards the name Jesus which is also an anglicized rendition of the Hebrew name Yeshua, which using your specious logic makes you also a false christian....

Flaminggg

BANNED
Banned
For a correct interpretation of Daniel 9 see the book Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy, by JWs, available on their official website.

DANIEL—GREATLY BELOVED BY GOD
7 Jehovah God had great affection for Daniel, who
servedashisprophetfor manyyears.Indeed,God’sangel
described Daniel as “someone very desirable.” (Dan-
iel 9:23) The original Hebrew term translated “someone
very desirable” can mean “greatly beloved,” “highly
esteemed,” even “a favorite.” Daniel was especially pre-
cious in God’s sight.
8 Let us briefly consider the unique circumstances
of this beloved prophet. In 618 B.C.E., Babylonian
King Nebuchadnezzar besieged Jerusalem. (Daniel 1:1)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...xojzDGfRFPeMRHmig&sig2=MSNO7P_rzKmBpQW0w64xlw

70 Weeks of Daniel 9 x 7 x 7 = 3430 or the 62nd Week of Daniel 9
70 Weeks of Daniel 9 x 7 x 7 x 7 x 7 = 168070 or the 69th Week of Daniel 9

(34 Years of Celestial Measurement according to Amos, Paralleling Lifespan of the Antichrist, then "Three days of Darkness" ... the 62nd Week goes directly to the 69th Week during the "Three Days of Darkness")

62th Week of Daniel to 69th Week Completion = 6/18/2016 to 6/21/2016 (Three Days and Half of Darkness)

book_of_enoch.jpg

HEBREWS 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
HEBREWS 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
REVELATION 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
REVELATION 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
REVELATION 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

God calls Enoch very similarly to the "Two Witnesses":

62nd Week of Daniel
plus
Enoch is the 7th
equals
69th Week of Daniel

The Duration is "Three and Half Days of Darkness" only, thus the heavy emphasis on the "Two Witnesses" and "Three Days and Half" only, no more. God says "from when Abel Killed Cain" is the difference. Now God has to kill the "Two Witnesses" and that marks the difference. The conclusion is "Three and Half Days of Darkness", no more. God gave the Hebrews the Gift of "Joseph the Blessing", after 430 Year in Egypt, then immediately God jumped to "Three Days", from Exodus 15, to the events of the Nile River Crossing. 62nd Week = Death of the "Lamb Jesus", Three Days Total, to 69th Week = Death of the "Two Witnesses", Galatians 3:17-20 (Three Days and Half Total), (God uses the "Two Witnesses" as the Mediator to confirm the covenant of Daniel), then 150 Days of Star Wormwood will begin for the people that remain and are saved at that time by those events. Love and Blessings (6/18/2016 is the date that King Nebuchadnezzar besieged Jerusalem, as you have stated .......... 70 is a measurement of the Lord's Body for the 144,000 of Joseph ... just like the 144,000 of Reuben and the 144,000 of Benjamin).

Last edited:

beameup

Its not 'their' name.

Actually, it just demonstrates that it is a phony religion, and not a "revelation from God in these latter-days".
When dealing with JWs this is the first point that I bring out.
You sound like a Jehovah's Witness...

dodge

Bs"d

The real messiah is going to fulfil the messianic prophecies, something in which the Christian messiah failed, and he is not going to get himself killed.

The "real" messiah has already come, and His name is Jesus ! The real Messiah was murdered for the sins of those who would humble themselves before God and accept His gift of forgiveness in and through Christ Jesus. Sorry you are deceived, and living in darkness.

keypurr

1290 and 1335 of Daniel 12 .......... People often refer to as 29 A.D. to 33 A.D. for the Last few years of his lifespan, or the Length of his Testimony. I understand the Argument.

The Gospel divides the Lifespan of Jesus by 30 Years (Luke 3:23), then by 4 Years (Lazarus) ............ The same way in which the Richman reached out to Lazarus who was in Abraham's Bosom, the Apostles (of Joseph the Blessing) reached out to Jesus. About 4 Years, is the difference the Gospel describes. (34 Years or 12210 + 195 Days, 12210 Days or 1260 Days + 30 Years = 1290 + 42 + 3 = 1335 to the 150 Days of Star Wormwood).

Lets go back a moment ............... Galatians 3:17-19 calls the 70 Weeks of Daniel the 70 Angels of Luke 3's Genealogy. In that statement, only one division is noted, that is 430 Years Marks the 62nd Week, which was the Length the Hebrews Sojourned in Egypt.

EXODUS 15:22 So Moses brought Israel from the Red sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur; and they went three days in the wilderness, and found no water.
EXODUS 15:23 And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they [were] bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.
EXODUS 15:24 And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?
EXODUS 15:25 And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, [which] when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them,
EXODUS 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I [am] the LORD that healeth thee.
EXODUS 15:27 And they came to Elim, where [were] twelve wells of water, and threescore and ten palm trees: and they encamped there by the waters.

God is making a statement. 62nd Week = 430 years, however the 62nd Week to the 69th Week is only = 3 Days in Length. After the passage of "3 Days", God says the 70th Week is in view, "Threescore and Ten" = the 70th Week of Daniel 9, which is Star Wormwood, the Living Waters.

When God killed the Egyptians using the "Rod of Joseph/Staff of Moses/Antichrist", God sees this as the "Three Days of Darkness", when the "Two Witnesses" are killed. However, God does not describe the death of the "Two Witnesses" as the marker to begin the "Three Days of Darkness". Only as the marker to signify its completion.

The Process of Time, no coherent association?

62 Weeks of Daniel 9 x 7 = 430 years
plus
7 Weeks of Daniel = 69th Week
62nd to 69th Week = 200,000,000 (Time, Times, Half a Time = Three Days of Darkness)
200,000,000 x 7 = 1,400,000,000
1,400,000,000 / 60 = "Three Days of Darkness"

144,000 of Joseph, comes into view with God for 153 Days. When that begins, the Known Laws of the Universe, including Time is modified to allow Star Wormwood. That is what the gospel is explaining. God originally, counted the 430 Years the Hebrews were in Egypt, then, God immediately counted "Three Days of Darkness" in which the Egyptians were Killed with the "Rod of Joseph", under Moses. Then the 150 Days were pictured by the Hebrews crossing the Nile River. So God has explained the complete pattern.

Jesus will reveal his Body the "Sign of Divorce/Antipas/Antiparticle" for, "Three and Half Days", not for 1000 Years or for a Millennium Reign. Revelation 20 = 3000, and Revelation 11 = 3 Days, which is "A Day for Thousand Years, Thousand Years for A Day". Love and Blessings.

My opinion, your all mixed up. Start over with prayer.

Epoisses

Flaminggg is a purposeful obfuscating prophecy lizard who spews random, incoherent Apple IIC binary code from his damaged brain. We are working on getting him the help he needs in a padded room.

SonOfCaleb

Actually, it just demonstrates that it is a phony religion, and not a "revelation from God in these latter-days".
When dealing with JWs this is the first point that I bring out.
You sound like a Jehovah's Witness...

If you're going to qoute me dont pick and choose the portions of my post that are conducive to your twisted logic.

Secondly as i've already demonstrated and can continue to demonstrate the name Jehovah is well known known for millenia. I've given you ample evidence. Whether you choose to accept that is of course your perogative. But as evidenced my position is based on facts. Yours is based on hyperbole.

And i am a Jehovahs Witness. Isaiah 43:10 (From the American Standard Version) "10 Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah". Famiiliarize yourself with the name.

Last edited:

beameup

And i am a Jehovahs Witness. Isaiah 43:10 (From the American Standard Version) "10 Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah". Famiiliarize yourself with the name.

Charles Taze Russel "created" the "Jehovah's Witnesses" in the 19th century.
Your "facts" are hyperbole, I quoted the online-encyclopedia concerning the
"Latin roots" of the name (which is plain to see).

Jesus is YHWH.
That at THE NAME of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; Philippians 2:10

I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. Isa 45:23

SonOfCaleb

Charles Taze Russel "created" the "Jehovah's Witnesses" in the 19th century.

And? Whats that go to do with the price of fish? This is a non sequitur. Its not relavent to the discussion. Who or when the JW's were established or the International Bible Students as they were then known is completely irrelavent. So even that you've got wrong as the JW's didnt go by this name until after CTR's death. In addition 'when' a Christian denomination is/was founded has zero bearing on its legitimacy from a Bible standpoint.

Your "facts" are hyperbole, I quoted the online-encyclopedia concerning the "Latin roots" of the name.

You mean facts like the nearly 3000 year old Moabite Stone? Or the fact the name Jehovah has been well known for thousand of years?

Here's some more facts that will likely not accord to well with you "Some commentators have suggested, without certainty, the spelling "Yahweh" (Holman Christian Standard Bible) or 'Yahwé' (Jerusalem 2000, Osty, and The Bible of Peoples). Many Hebrew scholars believe that this pronunciation is the most likely. 'Jehovah' (Crampon 1905, King James Version, NWT) is the best known translation and one of the most widespread"

http://www.louvrebible.org.uk/index.php/louvrebible/default/visiteguidee?id_menu=VISGO5

Here's the divine name on the Moabite Stone.

Mesha%20d%C3%A9tail%20TTG%20-%20Copie%201.JPG

Note the passage here in the article:- ""It is generally thought that the name 'Jehovah' is an invention of Peter Galatin (1518).

However, it seems that this name was already commonly used before that date. It is found in a text by Raymond Martin in 1270 "

www.jewishencyclopedia.com"

Now this was just the first result from a casual Google search. I have an absolute wealth of material and photos of exhibits from numerous sources that i can happily post which throughly debunk your position.

beameup

Now this was just the first result from a casual Google search. I have an absolute wealth of material and photos of exhibits from numerous sources that i can happily post which throughly debunk your position.

I've seen them all... decades ago. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :sleep:
This is the only "NAME" you need to know:
That at THE NAME of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is YHWH, to the glory of God the Father.
Bow now, or bow later

Elia

Jesus is YHWH.

Bs"d

The Tanach, for the Christians the OT, teaches very clearly that there is only ONE God, and that is Y-H-W-H.

People who want to look that over in detail can look here: https://sites.google.com/site/777mountzion/god-of-israel

So if anybody wants to say that Christ was God, or divine, than he has no choice than to say that Christ was Y-H-W-H, because there simply is no other God than Y-H-W-H.

But then you encounter the following problems:

If anybody says Christ is the same as Y-H-W-H then you are stuck with the fact that Y-H-W-H is his own son and at the same time his own father.

Then you are stuck with the fact that when Christ prays to his father, Y-H-W-H is praying to himself.

Luke 22:41-42: “and He knelt down and began to pray, saying, "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done."

So here Y-H-W-H has a different will than himself???

Even in heaven Christ is subjected to the Father, according to Corinthians 15:28, Matthew 20:23, Fillipens 2:9, and others.

So Y-H-W-H is subjected to himself???

When Christ was hanging at the cross, he cried out: “My God, my God, why did you forsake me?” Matthew 27:46

So Y-H-W-H forsook himself???

Collossians 3:1; “set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.”
Y-H-W-H is sitting at his own right hand???

Y-H-W-H died at the cross, slaughtered by his own creatures?

If so, who resurrected him?

Remember there is only one God: Y-H-W-H who IS one.

By now it should be clear to everybody that it is IMPOSSIBLE that Christ was or is God.

And from that we learn that Christians who worship Christ are idol worshipers.

For more information why Christ was not God and not the messiah, look here: http://MountZion.notlong.com

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Elia

The "real" messiah has already come, and His name is Jesus !

Bs"d

It is really very simple: Your messiah didn't fulfil the messianic prophecies; ergo: He was not the messiah.

The real Messiah was murdered for the sins of those who would humble themselves before God and accept His gift of forgiveness in and through Christ Jesus. Sorry you are deceived, and living in darkness.

Nobody can die for the sin of another. Everybody dies for his own sins.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"

Elia

I've seen them all... decades ago. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :sleep:
This is the only "NAME" you need to know:

Bow now, or bow later

Bs"d

You bow for a dead carpenter, I bow for the only true God Y-H-W-H who is one.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

Elia

According to YHWH "The Messiah" came about 25 A.D.

Bs"d

Only according to people who cannot count.

Christians cannot count to two, so all those numbers from Daniel are out of their league.

Elia

The Jehovah's Witness' pick-and-choose any and all "translations" that backup their heretical "doctrine" and you are doing exactly the same thing. Pulling-the-wool over the eyes of the goy? It's you that has had the "wool" pulled over your eyes by the "rabbis". Brainwashing seems to be a commonality between you and JW's.

Bs"d

Those who cannot read Hebrew are like blind men stumbling around in the darkness.

The weird part is that those blind men then think they can teach the seeing ones what it says in the text.

beameup

Bs"d

The Tanach, for the Christians the OT, teaches very clearly that there is only ONE God, and that is Y-H-W-H.

So if anybody wants to say that Christ was God, or divine, than he has no choice than to say that Christ was Y-H-W-H, because there simply is no other God than Y-H-W-H.
But then you encounter the following problems:
If anybody says Christ is the same as Y-H-W-H then you are stuck with the fact that Y-H-W-H is his own son and at the same time his own father.

Then you are stuck with the fact that when Christ prays to his father, Y-H-W-H is praying to himself.

You are stuck on the fact that God could "tabernacle" himself in flesh-and-blood. There are innumerable incidences in the Tanakh where YHWH appears in human-form and even eats and drinks with human beings and receives worship from human beings. This is a fact, not a "dream" or "vision" of some sort.
The problem is, some Hebrews were seeking a relationship with their creator and many were unrepentant idol worshippers, worshiping heathen idols. Now, since Babylon, you have put away your graven images, but you still are unrepentant because you don't comprehend the HOLINESS of God and your own SINFULNESS and don't want a close relationship with your creator.

Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I YHWH? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour [yasha`]; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved[yasha`], all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. Isa 45:21-22

Elia

You are stuck on the fact that God could "tabernacle" himself in flesh-and-blood. There are innumerable incidences in the Tanakh where YHWH appears in human-form and even eats and drinks with human beings

Bs"d

No there are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.