What is God's first creation?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Don't put words in my mouth, I gave you an answer, (1).

I'm not putting words in your mouth, I'm trying to get you to clarify.

You said:

The ten commandments reflect pure love for him, the standard was set to follow . . . There is no authority superior to YHWH.

In response to:

1) Is something (like humility) good because God recognizes it as good? Or,

2) Is something good because God commands that it is good (as Socrates put it, because God loves it)?

So then, if God does not make something good by commanding it, but rather recognizes that which is good, what standard of righteousness does He use to make this judgment? If the standard is external to Himself, then it appears that contrary to Christian teaching, an authority superior to God would exist. Is that what you believe?

You claimed that "something (like humility) is good because God recognizes it as good.

So does that mean that the standard for "goodness" is external to God, or is something other than God?

popsthebuilder

So in your understanding , is there any difference between Christ when he received the Holy Spirit. , And when the called do ?
Is that an actual question?

Jesus; the firstborn and first fruits? The Way, Truth, Savior, Messiah, GOD among us, and the believer. Huge difference.

We are but adopted, but leaves; we follow the Way, hear the Truth, are gathered by the Savior. We are nothing without Him.

Jesus the Christ of GOD will be ever glorified above all other names.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Is that an actual question?

Jesus; the firstborn and first fruits? The Way, Truth, Savior, Messiah, GOD among us, and the believer. Huge difference.

We are but adopted, but leaves; we follow the Way, hear the Truth, are gathered by the Savior. We are nothing without Him.

Jesus the Christ of GOD will be ever glorified above all other names.

Yes pops that was a question .

Trying to get as good sense of what your saying .

Do you think Jesus was God and man at the same time all the time ? Or do you think Jesus was always God or always man ? Or was born man and became God ?

keypurr

Why not, because the scripture is clear there are not two sons.....:sigh:

Disagree, one spirit, one flesh that became one.

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Put 2+2 together and see what you get.

Why would the Son need a body prepared for him???

What was "IN" Jesus Christ???? What form of God????

drbrumley

Why participate at all? Really.

Are you so offended at the want of people to learn and speak?

Just gotta get in some negative little remark?

Calm down Princess. I am just amazed it went from Jesus is not God to which I pointed out to KeyPurr whether he realized it or not some time ago was advocating a two son theory, which he finally admitted and professed he was stuck on that point, to now openly advocating God had two sons, which is contrary to the scriptures.

drbrumley

Disagree, one spirit, one flesh that became one.

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Put 2+2 together and see what you get.

Why would the Son need a body prepared for him???

What was "IN" Jesus Christ???? What form of God????

Sorry KeyPurr, 1 + 1 does not equal 4

keypurr

I'm not putting words in your mouth, I'm trying to get you to clarify.

You said:

In response to:

You claimed that "something (like humility) is good because God recognizes it as good.

So does that mean that the standard for "goodness" is external to God, or is something other than God?

Get back to the question you have not answered yet.

If you believe the words of your Lord Jesus Christ when he said that his Father is the ONLY God why are you a Trinity believer?

keypurr

Calm down Princess. I am just amazed it went from Jesus is not God to which I pointed out to KeyPurr whether he realized it or not some time ago was advocating a two son theory, which he finally admitted and professed he was stuck on that point, to now openly advocating God had two sons, which is contrary to the scriptures.

God does have a spirit son and a flesh Son that became one. I am not stuck on any point.

Consider the DOVE. What came with the dove????

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Get back to the question you have not answered yet.

I have already answered it, Keypurr. Did you miss it?

Here's the thing...

I do believe Jesus' words. You don't, otherwise it would be easy for you to answer my question.

I also believe the rest of scripture.

Now, get back to MY question.

You need to answer this, Keypurr, because it calls into question your "God"'s standard of righteousness.

You said:

The ten commandments reflect pure love for him, . . . There is no authority superior to YHWH.

In response to:

1) Is something (like humility) good because God recognizes it as good? Or,

2) Is something good because God commands that it is good (as Socrates put it, because God loves it)?

So then, if God does not make something good by commanding it, but rather recognizes that which is good, what standard of righteousness does He use to make this judgment? If the standard is external to Himself, then it appears that contrary to Christian teaching, an authority superior to God would exist. Is that what you believe?

This is a huge problem for your theology, Keypurr, especially if you can't answer the question.