What Is And What Is Not The Gospel

beloved57

That is not what it means.

Common sense proves you wrong.

Here, it is easy, tell me, HAS ANYONE EVER OBEYED ANYTHING that God has commanded before the Holy Spirit was given as a gift?

Yes, people DID obey before they were saved.

The scripture you referenced, Romans 8:7-8...that scripture is about people who ONLY want to please their flesh. Not everyone only wants to please their flesh.

The scriptures prove me right. Rom 8:7-8

God's Truth

Yes everyone does have a carnal mind until they are born again of the Spirit.

No, it does not say everyone has a carnal mind until they are born again of the Spirit.

No scripture says that.

The scripture says THOSE with a carnal mind cannot please God. If all had a carnal mind the scripture would say no human can please God.

Look deeper, search harder, consider more carefully.

beloved57

No, it does not say everyone has a carnal mind until they are born again of the Spirit.

No scripture says that.

The scripture says THOSE with a carnal mind cannot please God. If all had a carnal mind the scripture would say no human can please God.

It says that they in the flesh can't please God and the carnal mind is not subject to the law of God. All men by nature are in the flesh and carnal!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

God's Truth

It says that they in the flesh can't please God and the carnal mind is not subject to the law of God. All men by nature are in the flesh and carnal!

No scripture says that.

beloved57

No scripture says that.

It doesn't say they don't

Robert Pate

Banned
You are a false witness. I would not call Paul a liar.

There is none righteous who has never sinned. That does not mean that we cannot obey.

Especially after we have the Holy Spirit to help us!

Once a person is born of God they have the Holy Spirit to help them.

How can you go on sinning after that?

1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. This includes you. If you say it doesn't then you have called Paul a liar. King David also said that there is none righteous, Psalm 14:3. Are you going to call him a liar also?

God's Truth

Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. This includes you. If you say it doesn't then you have called Paul a liar. King David also said that there is none righteous, Psalm 14:3. Are you going to call him a liar also?

There is none so righteous that he has not ever sinned. That does not mean no one can ever obey, as you erroneously teach.

God's Truth

It doesn't say they don't

Again, the scriptures say those who are carnally minded. That is not about every human. If it was about every human, the scripture would have said all humans.

Not everyone is only carnally minded. There are some people on the side of the truth.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Context, Robert. Context. (Hebrews 4:2)

beloved57

Again, the scriptures say those who are carnally minded. That is not about every human. If it was about every human, the scripture would have said all humans.

Not everyone is only carnally minded. There are some people on the side of the truth.
All human beings are by nature carnal, in the flesh

God's Truth

Everyone can obey, but no one can obey 100% of the time. The commandment is to be perfect. Are you perfect?

Oh so now you are coming around to admitting we can all obey. Good for you to finally admit that truth, for you kept saying no one can obey. As for not obeying 100% of the time...who are you to judge all people? You are not God. In addition, I have been giving the scripture that says IF anyone does sin...You go against the scripture that says "If".

How are you to go against the Word of God?

1 John 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

beloved57

All by nature are flesh, but the scripture does NOT say all only live to please their flesh.

Your false teachers taught you that and you never checked with the Word of God about it.
All by nature are in the flesh and carnal. They which are in the flesh can't please God or obey God Rom 8:7-8

Robert Pate

Banned
Oh so now you are coming around to admitting we can all obey. Good for you to finally admit that truth, for you kept saying no one can obey. As for not obeying 100% of the time...who are you to judge all people? You are not God. In addition, I have been giving the scripture that says IF anyone does sin...You go against the scripture that says "If".

How are you to go against the Word of God?

1 John 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

Paul says that we are all corrupt and need to be changed, 1 Corinthians 15:50-54.

God's Truth

All by nature are in the flesh and carnal. They which are in the flesh can't please God or obey God Rom 8:7-8

That scripture is about THOSE WHO ONLY WANT TO PLEASE THEIR FLESH, they do not want to hear what God says because then they would have to give up those sins they are doing to please their flesh.

Not everyone only wants to please their flesh, some people are more spiritual.