What Is And What Is Not The Gospel

Robert Pate

Banned
If you do not obey, you have only deceived yourself.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

Paul said, "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Including you.

Ben Masada

Mark 2:17 When Jesus heard it, He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

Mark 6:12 So they went out and preached that people should repent.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.

Acts 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.

Acts 17:30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent.

2 Corinthians 7:10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

We will all perish some day whether we repent of our sins or not. To write something like that you must gives us a footnote of explanation. The same about the sorrow of God or of the world. IMHO what produces death is to be born. As we are born and as we live, we are every day one day closer to the day of death.

Ben Masada

Matthew 23:23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

Robert Pate teaches we do not have to repent of our sins, and we CANNOT obey.

He repeats the teachings of false teachers.

Jesus did not pronounced those words of Matthew 23:23 because they are akin to slander. Therefore, he would have broken the Golden Rule. By the way, the same applies to all those curses in Matthew 23:13-33. Jesus would have broken the Golden Rule, because I am sure the Jewish authorities did not like to be cursed as hypocrites and brood of vipers. That's what the Golden Rule is all about: Not to do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. I am sure Jesus would not have liked these words addressed to himself. Besides, the Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue.Serious contradictions right there.
I am denying though not 100% that Jesus could have broken the Golden Rule. Perhaps he did because according to Ecclesiastes 7:20, there has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned; and Jesus was also a man upon earth for 33 years.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus did not pronounced those words of Matthew 23:23 because they are akin to slander. Therefore, he would have broken the Golden Rule. By the way, the same applies to all those curses in Matthew 23:13-33. Jesus would have broken the Golden Rule, because I am sure the Jewish authorities did not like to be cursed as hypocrites and brood of vipers. That's what the Golden Rule is all about: Not to do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. I am sure Jesus would not have liked these words addressed to himself. Besides, the Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue.Serious contradictions right there.
I am denying though not 100% that Jesus could have broken the Golden Rule. Perhaps he did because according to Ecclesiastes 7:20, there has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned; and Jesus was also a man upon earth for 35 years.

I don't know why Knight allows you to post on this Forum. If it were up to me I would ban you permanently.

Ben Masada

Luke 7:30 But the Pharisees and the experts in the law rejected God's purpose for themselves, because they had not been baptized by John.)

What was God's purpose for the Pharisees? The same as for all the People of Israel; that they all repented and returned to the obedience of God's Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19) And the Pharisees were as strict as Jesus him-self in the obedience down to the letter of the Law. If you read Luke 16:29-31 Jesus himself declared that to achieve salvation we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law.

Ben Masada

I don't know why Knight allows you to post on this Forum. If it were up to me I would ban you permanently.

Why would Knight not allow me to post on this forum, because I use Logic to speak about the Truth? For sure, not every one is afraid to hear the Truth being said without Christian preconceived notions.

Ben Masada

I preach REPENT AND OBEY.

The Pharisees did NOT repent and obey.

Robert Pate preaches we do not have to repent of sins and obey.

Who is like the Pharisees?

Robert says that I am, but just as Jesus says, be careful how you judge, for it is probably what the false accuser is guilty of, thus exposing himself.

How do you know that the Pharisees did not repent and obeyed, because the Hellenist former disciples of Paul said so? They were the ones who wrote the gospels because Jews, not a single one wrote a page of the NT. Just like Jesus, they never even dreamed the NT would ever rise.

Ben Masada

The blind leading the blind.

1 - Jesus is the New Covenant.
2 - There are no more laws or rules because... "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Not by rules laws or religion.
3 - Jesus has abolished the law, Ephesians 2:15. The law has been replaced with the Holy Spirit.

1 - Really! I wonder why Jeremiah did not mention this. He was the only Prophet to speak about the New Covenant with the House of Israel and the House of Judah and not a word about Jesus or the Gentiles.(Jer.31:31)

2 - Tell me Robert, did Jesus know about this? I wonder because he said that to escape hell-fire and to remain in the bosom of Abraham one must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. Now then, who was responsible for this "no more laws or rules" system you are preaching? And how can one live by faith without the Law? Didn't James say that faith without the works of the Law is akin to a body without the breath of life? Dead faith if you know what he meant.(James 2:26)

3 - Are you sure that Jesus abolished the Law? Because what I have from him is his own saying that he did not come to abolish the Law. If you are the one telling the truth and not Jesus, probably he did not have the Holy Spirit when he said what he said in Matthew 5:17-19.

God's Truth

I am denying though not 100% that Jesus could have broken the Golden Rule. Perhaps he did because according to Ecclesiastes 7:20, there has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned; and Jesus was also a man upon earth for 33 years.

You cannot pick and choose what you want to keep and throw out of the Bible.

Either believe all of it or none of it.

God's Truth

What was God's purpose for the Pharisees? The same as for all the People of Israel; that they all repented and returned to the obedience of God's Law. (Isaiah 1:18,19) And the Pharisees were as strict as Jesus him-self in the obedience down to the letter of the Law. If you read Luke 16:29-31 Jesus himself declared that to achieve salvation we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law.

The Pharisees did not repent. I already gave you the scriptures.

You cannot pick and choose what you want to scratch off from the Bible.

God's Truth

How do you know that the Pharisees did not repent and obeyed, because the Hellenist former disciples of Paul said so? They were the ones who wrote the gospels because Jews, not a single one wrote a page of the NT. Just like Jesus, they never even dreamed the NT would ever rise.

You are blaspheming the same Bible you learned about Jesus. You cannot have it both ways.

God's Truth

Jesus fulfilled every jot and tittle of the law for me. That is why I am complete in him. Colossians 2:10.

That scripture is for OBEYERS.

How do you ever get it is for those who just say they believe?

I know many people say they believe, but they do NOT OBEY.

Robert Pate

Banned
That scripture is for OBEYERS.

How do you ever get it is for those who just say they believe?

I know many people say they believe, but they do NOT OBEY.

Why is it that you claim to be a Christian and at the same time call Paul a liar?

Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

God's Truth

Why is it that you claim to be a Christian and at the same time call Paul a liar?

Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

You are a false witness. I would not call Paul a liar.

There is none righteous who has never sinned. That does not mean that we cannot obey.

Especially after we have the Holy Spirit to help us!

Once a person is born of God they have the Holy Spirit to help them.

How can you go on sinning after that?

1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

God's Truth

gods truth

That is exactly what it means. Those in the flesh can't obey God Rom 8:7-8!

That is not what it means.

Common sense proves you wrong.

Here, it is easy, tell me, HAS ANYONE EVER OBEYED ANYTHING that God has commanded before the Holy Spirit was given as a gift?

Yes, people DID obey before they were saved.

The scripture you referenced, Romans 8:7-8...that scripture is about people who ONLY want to please their flesh. Not everyone only wants to please their flesh.

God's Truth

beloved57,

We are not saved before we believe and obey. Show one scripture where it says we are saved before we believe.

You have fallen for a false doctrine.