What Is And What Is Not The Gospel

God's Truth

The Pharisees would only talk about the things that they did right, they would NOT confess of doing anything wrong. They were among the ones who did not obey and repent of their sins.

I repented of my sins, if I did not, Jesus would not have saved me.

Robert Pate is the one like the Pharisee, not me, because I admitted to being a sinner and repented of those sins, but Robert, like the Pharisee says we do not have to repent of our sins!

God's Truth

I preach REPENT AND OBEY.

The Pharisees did NOT repent and obey.

Robert Pate preaches we do not have to repent of sins and obey.

Who is like the Pharisees?

Robert says that I am, but just as Jesus says, be careful how you judge, for it is probably what the false accuser is guilty of, thus exposing himself.

Robert Pate

Banned

Robert says that I am, but just as Jesus says, be careful how you judge, for it is probably what the false accuser is guilty of, thus exposing himself.

You are not like a Pharisee, you are a Pharisee.

Paul says that you are a sinner, so does John.

God's Truth

You are not like a Pharisee, you are a Pharisee.

Paul says that you are a sinner, so does John.

Jesus wouldn't have saved me if I did not admit to being a sinner and confess and repent of my sins.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus wouldn't have saved me if I did not admit to being a sinner and confess and repent of my sins.

You sound like Meshak.

God's Truth

Luke 7:30 But the Pharisees and the experts in the law rejected God's purpose for themselves, because they had not been baptized by John.)

God's Truth

Matthew 23:23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

Robert Pate teaches we do not have to repent of our sins, and we CANNOT obey.

He repeats the teachings of false teachers.

Robert Pate

Banned
Matthew 23:23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

Robert Pate teaches we do not have to repent of our sins, and we CANNOT obey.

He repeats the teachings of false teachers.

Are all of your thoughts pure and without sin?

Jesus wants you to know that you don't measure up to God's standards, which is perfection.

KingdomRose

There seems to be a lot of confusion on the Forum about what the Gospel is and what the Gospel is not. After 45 years of indepth study of the Gospel I am more than qualified to tell you what the Gospel is and what the Gospel is not.

The Gospel is not about us, nor is it about anything that we can experience or have experienced.

The Gospel is not about being born again. That may be a good thing, but it is not the Gospel.

The Gospel is not that you have been predestinated or that you are one of the elect.

The Gospel is not that you have been baptized with the Holy Spirit and you now speak in tongues.

The Gospel is not that you are a member of the Catholic church or any church.

The Gospel is not about obeying the commandments.

The Gospel is not that you have invited Jesus into your heart.

The Gospel is not that you have been baptized in water.

The Gospel is not that you have said the sinners prayer.

The Gospel is not that you have accepted Jesus as your savior.

What is the Gospel?

The Gospel is about Jesus Christ and what he has done to victoriously defeat sin, death and the devil in our name and on our behalf, Colossians 2:15. If Jesus had not defeated sin, death and the devil no one could be saved. Because Jesus was victorious over all things, God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36. It was God's plan that Jesus would come into the world as the new Adam and humanities representative, Romans 5:17-19. Jesus does for us what we cannot do for ourselves because we are sinners, Romans 3:23. By his righteous, sinless life, he offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience to his Holy Law. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26. We have been justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus. God now sees us as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

That was not enough. Something had to be done about our sins and the sins of the whole world, "He who knew no sin became sin for us, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. God put to death the whole human race in his Son Jesus Christ, Romans 6:6. He was a propitiation for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus is God's new creation and our new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17. We have been reconciled unto God by the doing and the dying of Jesus, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. All that come to Jesus as repentant sinners to be saved by him. "Will be raised up together , and will be made to sit together in heavenly places in Jesus Christ" Ephesians 2:6. In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed.

This is the Gospel and there is no other Gospel.

Well, that's not quite true. What you said here is certainly PART of the Gospel (Good News), but you left out a very important point. Actually two important points.

(1) Jesus specifically said that the Gospel was about THE KINGDOM (Matt.24:14). The Gospel has everything to do with God's Kingdom, which he taught us to pray for. (Matt.6:9,10) The Kingdom is a government by Christ...he is the King of that government, and he has subjects of that government which happen to be billions on the earth that will be governed by him and his co-rulers. (Revelation 5:10; Rev.20:6) This Kingdom will dispense with all evil that now pervades the earth, and will guide the people on earth as we clean up the planet, build our dream homes, welcome back the dead, and many other things. God's will will finally be done on the earth as it is done in heaven. Jesus mentioned the Kingdom more than any other thing. This can be seen by checking out a Bible concordance. He said that it was for the Kingdom that he was sent forth (Luke 4:43).

(2) All Christians will not be sitting in heavenly places, ruling with Christ. Most of us will remain here on the earth and enjoy the blessings of Jesus' government. Does a government need BILLIONS of rulers? The ruling class will be a relatively small group. When the dead are resurrected (John 5:28), there will be billions living on the earth. The ones with the heavenly hope are not "better" or "more spiritual" than the rest of us; just like the U.S. president is not "better" in some way than any of his subjects. Neither is his cabinet. The ones who will rule in heaven were chosen by God through the centuries until the number of the planned group was filled. Now the majority of Christians have the hope of living in paradise on earth forever.

God's will for the earth was for humans to live here forever. His will hasn't changed. (Genesis 1:23, 2:15; Isaiah 45:18) Why would it? If Adam hadn't rebelled he'd still be here. If he had remained faithful to God, there would have been no need for Christ to die, no need even for the Bible. Jehovah "walked," every day apparently, with Adam "in the breezy part of the day." Adam got full instructions, I'm sure, as to how he should live to achieve the most benefit for himself.

That this earth will be brought back to pristine conditions is a tremendous truth that is included in the Gospel message. We see this restoration of the earth throughout the Bible.

Look up Isaiah 11:1-9; Isaiah 35:5,6; Psalm 37:9-11,29; Psalm 72:16; 67:6; Isaiah 65:21-23; Psalm 72:7,8

"He [Jesus] will have subjects from sea to sea and from the River [Euphrates] to the ends of the earth."

Does this sound like all of his people will be in HEAVEN?:nono:

KingdomRose

We are the benefactors of the Gospel. The Gospel took place over 2000 years ago before you were born.

The Gospel is not about the forgiveness of sins.

Uh, yes it is. That is the whole bottom line. We need our inherited sins forgiven so that we won't die any more. It is because of sin that humans die. God didn't intend for humans to die. When Adam rebelled, then Jehovah started planning for the redemption of the human race so that we could really take up where Adam left off.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Uh, yes it is. That is the whole bottom line. We need our inherited sins forgiven so that we won't die any more. It is because of sin that humans die. God didn't intend for humans to die. When Adam rebelled, then Jehovah started planning for the redemption of the human race so that we could really take up where Adam left off.

Don't forget to remind posters that you're a "Jehovah Witness Cultist" so they know where you're coming from.

Mark 2:17 When Jesus heard it, He said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."

Mark 6:12 So they went out and preached that people should repent.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.

Acts 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.

Acts 17:30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent.

2 Corinthians 7:10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

God's Truth

I agree except for the part about when Adam rebelled. You say that that is when God started plainning for the redemption of the human race.

See, the plan for salvation through Jesus was planned before the creation of the world.

1 Peter 1:20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

2 Timothy 1:9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

Ephesians 1:4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love

Some people misunderstand those scriptures to mean that God predestined who He will saved, but those scriptures do not say that. Those scriptures are about the plan for salvation being planned before the creation of the world.

God's Truth

Are all of your thoughts pure and without sin?

Jesus wants you to know that you don't measure up to God's standards, which is perfection.

If you obeyed God for anything, then you would know that it is possible to obey everything.

I do not think of impure things.

It is not so hard to do.

Even Paul explains it to you. Will you listen to Paul?

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

Robert Pate

Banned

Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

Jesus said, "Unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins".

I don't expect to see you in the New Kingdom.

Robert Pate

Banned
If you obeyed God for anything, then you would know that it is possible to obey everything.

I do not think of impure things.

It is not so hard to do.

Even Paul explains it to you. Will you listen to Paul?

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

I am not under your "You must obey law" I am perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

God's Truth

I am not under your "You must obey law" I am perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

It is not my law, it is God's law.

To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law.

God's Truth

What you are trying to attain to is already mine in Jesus Christ.

"And you are complete in Him" Colossians 2:10.

If you do not obey, you have only deceived yourself.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men