What If Love Is NOT An Emotion

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Love is an emotion. It is a feeling.
You have not proven otherwise. You can never prove otherwise.

I said
Well the Lord has proven it. By getting on the cross willingly.
some people are very scared like you. Because if their wrong everything they have stood up for is a lie. And they cant believe they lied. Now the purpose of the commandments is love. But if you don't know what love is, then you have all the rest of the commandments wrong.

1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
(NKJ)

God's Truth

I said
Well the Lord has proven it. By getting on the cross willingly.
some people are very scared like you. Because if their wrong everything they have stood up for is a lie. And they cant believe they lied. Now the purpose of the commandments is love. But if you don't know what love is, then you have all the rest of the commandments wrong.

1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
(NKJ)

You have it wrong, and you are scared that it means you were never saved. What matters is that when you hear the truth you admit it and do not deny it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You have it wrong, and you are scared that it means you were never saved. What matters is that when you hear the truth you admit it and do not deny it.

I said
ROFLOL Are you kidding me. You think I'm scared. If you discern the bible the way you discern me your in big trouble.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I am just trying to help you.

I said
You and Aimiel should get together and read the bible.

Phil 2:12-14
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
14 Do all things without complaining and disputing,
(NKJ)

Matt 7:3-5
3 "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?
4 "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye?
5 "Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Here are examples
CHRIST WAS OUR EXAMPLE OF SUFFERING (LOVE)
John 8:29
29 "And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him."
1 Pet 2:21-22
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
1 Pet 2:19
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
II Th 2:9-11
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
Heb 12:3
3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.
Heb 12:2
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Phil 3:17
17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.
1 Tim 4:12-13
12 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
13 Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
James 5:10
10 My brethren, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of suffering and patience.
Heb 5:8-9
8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,
Heb 4:15
15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
1 Pet 4:1
1 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
2 Cor 4:8-10
8 We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed--
10 always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
Phil 3:12-17
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.
16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.
17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.
Heb 2:9-11
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.
10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,
(NKJ)
CHRIST WAS TEMPTED
Matt 4:1
1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
Mark 1:13
13 And He was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted by Satan, and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered to Him.
1 Cor 10:13
13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
Gal 6:1-2
1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Heb 2:18
18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.
James 1:13-16
13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.
(NKJ)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I think love is not an emotion.

Many other qualities work the same way--such as "belief."

It is not an emotion, in my opinion. It is a quality that naturally elicits emotions but it is not a mere emotion as I see it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I think love is not an emotion.

Many other qualities work the same way--such as "belief."

It is not an emotion, in my opinion. It is a quality that naturally elicits emotions but it is not a mere emotion as I see it.

I said
I would say that belief is what guides us. Believe right or wrong believing it is what guides us.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Here is all your emotions. And they are working against the Holy Spirit.

Gal 5:16-21
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
(NKJ)

Rom 13:9
9 For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
(NKJ)