What does John 14:21 mean?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It means just what it says. If you keep Jesus' commandments. Which are Gods commandments.

John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
(NKJ)

John 14:21
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
(NKJ)

John 14:23-24
23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
(NKJ)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It means just what it says. If you keep Jesus' commandments. Which are Gods commandments.

John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
(NKJ)

John 14:21
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
(NKJ)

John 14:23-24
23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
(NKJ)
Jesus' commandments are God's commandments.

Epoisses

What does John 14:21 mean?

NT commands are like the fruits of the Spirit i.e. love, joy, peace, patience, faith etc.

These are attributes that God performs in and thru us. Sinners cannot produce these fruits.

The great lesson of Christianity is that you are a sinner and incapable of a righteous life.

When you learn that lesson God gives you love, joy, peace etc. that could never be produced before.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
NT commands are like the fruits of the Spirit i.e. love, joy, peace, patience, faith etc.

These are attributes that God performs in and thru us. Sinners cannot produce these fruits.

The great lesson of Christianity is that you are a sinner and incapable of a righteous life.

When you learn that lesson God gives you love, joy, peace etc. that could never be produced before.
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Epoisses

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Thank you Captain obvious. Why is it you can't carry a normal conversation? Because you're a spiritual burnout on works-righteousness. The law is crack and meth and heroine for the faithless.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Thank you Captain obvious. Why is it you can't carry a normal conversation? Because you're a spiritual burnout on works-righteousness. The law is crack and meth and heroine for the faithless.
I do not know what you are talking about. The fruit of the Spirit is not the same thing as saying the fruits of the Spirit.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

You need to know Jesus' word.

Fruit is works.

Jesus says we know them by their fruit.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It's called "the fruit of the Spirit".
It is the Holy Spirit producing the "fruit".
No Holy Spirit = No Fruit

That's right, if you have the Spirit, you will produce the fruit.

Jesus says if you don't produce, you will be burned like chaff.

Last edited:

beameup

That's right, if you have the Spirit, you will produce the fruit.
So you do believe in the God the Father and the Holy Spirit, how about God the Son?

“He who believes in the Son has eternal life;
but he who does not obey the Son will not see life,
but the wrath of God abides on him.”

John 3:36

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It means your motivation for doing good works under the new covenant is love for Jesus, rather than a desire to save yourself (which you couldn't do anyway).

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
Can you explain what you are saying?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It means your motivation for doing good works under the new covenant is love for Jesus, rather than a desire to save yourself (which you couldn't do anyway).

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

It is necessary to love Jesus. If you don't love Him there is no salvation.

Jesus also says if you love Him, keep His commandments.

So keeping His commandments is necessary for salvation.

it is that simple, friend.