What Dictates What You Believe?

Prizebeatz1

There is a way to get understanding, and it is to obey Jesus' teachings.

I am not arguing against what you have said but it's only a small slice of the pie. The system is designed to keep us trapped in limitations and away from the part of us that is infinite and eternal which is the soul which is one with God. This is what the story of Jesus is trying to tell us but hardly no one understands it. The teachings of Jesus are going to orient us away from the timeless present moment where God dwells in perfect stillness because we will tend to focus on the future and the past. I'm not saying not to obey Jesus' teachings but I am saying we need to see how dependence on them can lead to dangerous neglect of the priceless majesty and the totality of the infinite and eternal soul.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

God's Truth

I am not arguing against what you have said but it's only a small slice of the pie. The system is designed to keep us trapped in limitations and away from the part of us that is infinite and eternal which is the soul which is one with God.

That is true, all denominations teach some form of falseness, and falseness keeps one from God's Truth.

This is what the story of Jesus is trying to tell us but hardly no one understands it.
All can be given understanding if they do exactly what Jesus says, but not many, apparently, are willing.

The teachings of Jesus are going to orient us away from the timeless present moment where God dwells in perfect stillness because we will tend to focus on the future and the past.

You speak against Jesus, then you speak for Jesus, then you speak against Jesus?
I'm not saying not to obey Jesus' teachings but I am saying we need to see how dependence on them can lead to dangerous neglect of the priceless majesty and the totality of the infinite and eternal soul.
This is sad, for you do speak against obeying Jesus. I can understand you saying not to obey denominations, but when you put down obeying Jesus in any way, what you are doing is wrong.

Prizebeatz1

That is true, all denominations teach some form of falseness, and falseness keeps one from God's Truth.

All can be given understanding if they do exactly what Jesus says, but not many, apparently, are willing.

You speak against Jesus, then you speak for Jesus, then you speak against Jesus?

This is sad, for you do speak against obeying Jesus. I can understand you saying not to obey denominations, but when you put down obeying Jesus in any way, what you are doing is wrong.

No, what's wrong is not knowing when to quit biting of the forbidden fruit of judgment. It is the downfall of mankind. We make a God unto ourselves by trying to decide what is right and wrong. We don't know when to quit. "Surely you will not die..."

God's Truth

No, what's wrong is not knowing when to quit biting of the forbidden fruit of judgment. It is the downfall of mankind. We make a God unto ourselves by trying to decide what is right and wrong. We don't know when to quit. "Surely you will not die..."

What is the name of your beliefs? Did you take the Oprah course?

You speak against Jesus when you feel like it, and then you deny it.

You do not say the things that God says. Why do you think your words give life when you speak against the one whose words give life?

You quote Satan, but go against me when I quote what Jesus says.

God's Truth

Do you know who the thief is? The thief is one who takes the teachings of Jesus and then takes those teachings and strips it from the originator, to make it look like their own teaching.

That is what you are doing. That is what the Oprah teachings does.

The thief did not die for you.

God's Truth

John 10:1 King James Bible
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

God's Truth

Not exactly. Repent means to change your mind and be conformed to the word of God by the Holy Spirit.

The Spirit says, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

We have to change our mind about sin and that means not merely feeling bad about the sins you keep doing.

Do not be deceived.

You must stop sinning.

God's Truth

Robert Pate thinks he is only going against me, but he does not recognize that I am speaking the words of John the baptizer, Paul the apostle, and Jesus Christ himself.

God's Truth

John the baptizer:

Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. Matthew 3:8.

Paul the Apostle:

First to those in Damascus and Jerusalem, then to everyone in the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I declared that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds worthy of their repentance. Acts 26:20.

There is no such thing as repent as in changing your mind about God.

Repent is changing your mind about sin AND TO STOP DOING THOSE SINS, as proven by your actions.

Prizebeatz1

What is the name of your beliefs? Did you take the Oprah course?

You speak against Jesus when you feel like it, and then you deny it.

You do not say the things that God says. Why do you think your words give life when you speak against the one whose words give life?

You quote Satan, but go against me when I quote what Jesus says.

I don't depend on any beliefs to feel good enough about myself. That is a symptom of lack of self-worth. Look closely and you will see that without beliefs we feel we would die because of intense inner emptiness. We believe deficient worthlessness is at our core. The personality's job is to avoid awareness of this emptiness and worthlessness at all costs. It doesn't know the emptiness is the beginning stages of awakening to infinity and eternity because it keeps judging it as bad, worthless and to be avoided. We are avoiding the infinite spaciousness of God and don't even know it. That is the way the enemy prefers it.

God's Truth

I don't depend on any beliefs to feel good enough about myself. That is a symptom of lack of self-worth. Look closely and you will see that without beliefs we feel we would die because of intense inner emptiness. We believe deficient worthlessness is at our core. The personality's job is to avoid awareness of this emptiness and worthlessness at all costs. It doesn't know the emptiness is the beginning stages of awakening to infinity and eternity because it keeps judging it as bad, worthless and to be avoided. We are avoiding the infinite spaciousness of God and don't even know it. That is the way the enemy prefers it.

Is that what Oprah taught you?

God's Truth

What you are doing is you are calling all of them liars. 1 John 1:8.

You have no understanding of the scriptures. You pick and choose what you want and throw out the rest. that scripture is about having to admit you are a sinner to be saved.

These scriptures rebuke you and prove you do not address the whole counsel of God.

1 John 3:6
No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

1 John 5:18
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin;

1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

3 John 1:11
Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

YOU keep saying you sin.

Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

You are one denying person, Pate. You try to use John to speak against obeying, but I have given you scriptures from John that say we have to obey.

You only listen to Paul?

Paul rebukes you.

You say no one can always obey. Paul says we can.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

Ephesians 4:17 So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking.

Galatians 5:24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.

...and many more.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pate, do you know repent means to stop sinning?
You keep repeating your blasphemy of God.
There are several times scripture says that God repented.
Your false definition of "repent" is blasphemy toward God.
How dare you attach a false meaning that blasphemes God to a word, just so you can mock God.

God's Truth

How dare you attach a false meaning that blasphemes God to a word, just so you can mock God.

God didn't have to repent of sins---WE HAVE TO REPENT OF SINS.

I repeat what Jesus says and you say I blasphemy.

Repent of the works of our hands...

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands;

Repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality, their thefts...

21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

They refused to repent of---their deeds...

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony because of their sufferings and because of their sores, but nevertheless they still refused to repent of their deeds.

They refused to repent of---what they had done...

11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

Paul says to repent of sins...

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again, my God may humiliate me before you, and I will grieve for many of those who previously sinned and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and licentiousness that they have practiced.

Was Paul blaspheming by preaching to repent of sins?

JonahofAkron

I'm with GT. Good didn't repent of sins - He changed his mind about a thing. We change our mind about sin.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

Robert Pate

Banned
You have no understanding of the scriptures. You pick and choose what you want and throw out the rest. that scripture is about having to admit you are a sinner to be saved.

These scriptures rebuke you and prove you do not address the whole counsel of God.

1 John 3:6
No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

1 John 5:18
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin;

1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

3 John 1:11
Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.

YOU keep saying you sin.

Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

You are one denying person, Pate. You try to use John to speak against obeying, but I have given you scriptures from John that say we have to obey.

You only listen to Paul?

Paul rebukes you.

You say no one can always obey. Paul says we can.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

Ephesians 4:17 So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking.

Galatians 5:24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.

...and many more.

You are claiming to be holy and without sin in the flesh. Paul says that... "There is none righteous, no, not one" Are you calling Paul a liar?