What Dictates What You Believe?

God's Truth

Once again, foolish woman.
Not a single person has argued against that the bible tells folks to repent.

The same word is used no matter whom it is speaking of (God or man).

We all see that you like to hang on dearly to your lies, but once again, foolish woman, the definition of the word "repent" does NOT mean stop sinning.

The same word is used no matter who is speaking?

GOD SAYS REPENT OF YOUR SINS. Jesus says repent of your sins. ALL THE APOSTLES AND DISCIPLES SAY REPENT OF YOUR SINS.

God's Truth

That's not what I said.
Pay attention, foolish woman!!!!!!!!!!

The definition of the word "repent" is not "stop sinning".

God repented.

The definition of repent to us humans from God, Jesus, the Prophets, the Apostles, and the disciples is:

REPENT OF YOURS SINS/STOP SINNING.

Not only does the Bible, the Written Word of God say repent to humans means to stop sinning, so does every dictionary in every human language!

God's Truth

John the baptizer says to REPENT OF SINS.

Just to prove that is what John says, John says to prove REPENTANCE OF YOUR SINS BY DOING DEEDS THAT PROVE YOUR REPENTANCE.

The Apostle Paul SAYS THE EXACT SAME THING.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The definition of repent to us humans from God, Jesus, the Prophets, the Apostles, and the disciples is:

Not only does the Bible, the Written Word of God say repent to humans means to stop sinning, so does every dictionary in every human language!

God repented.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John the baptizer says to REPENT OF SINS.

Just to prove that is what John says, John says to prove REPENTANCE OF YOUR SINS BY DOING DEEDS THAT PROVE YOUR REPENTANCE.

The Apostle Paul SAYS THE EXACT SAME THING.

God repented.

JonahofAkron

In English, you are correct, but in Greek and Hebrew that is not true. The Hebrew word mean to feel remorse or sorrow for and in Greek it means to change one's mind. It can be about sin or even a decision that you make that is not sinful.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

In English, you are correct, but in Greek and Hebrew that is not true. The Hebrew word mean to feel remorse or sorrow for and in Greek it means to change one's mind. It can be about sin or even a decision that you make that is not sinful.

You are wrong on both accounts. I gave scripture translated from Hebrew and Greek.

We are to repent of our sins.

Believe what you want, even if it goes against the Word of God.

God's Truth

If you do not believe Jesus who will you believe?

Luke 17:3 So watch yourselves. “If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them.

That is Jesus clearly teaching that repenting is of sins.

That is a translation from Greek to English.

Luke 17:4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”

That was another scripture about repenting of SINS, just in case you are slow.

Revelation 9:21 20The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands. They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk. 21Furthermore, they did not repent of their murder, sorcery, sexual immorality, and theft.

Here is a scripture that was translated from Hebrew to English.

This one scripture is about a PROPHECY about the coming Lord and salvation:

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Who repent of what?

You all have been shown God's Truth but will you believe or not?

God's Truth

I have shown you enough of God's Truth on this topic.

Acts 19:8-9 Paul entered the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God. But some of them became obstinate: they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them.

Even Paul got tired of the maligning.

JonahofAkron

Why would you ask such an evil thing about God?

God did not need to change His mind about sin. We humans have to change our mind about sin.

You have had this explained to you so many times.
The point of my line of questioning is for you to grasp the difference between the word for 'repent' in the Bible and in English. If God never sinned, why does it say that God repented? The appropriate answer is because the word for 'repent' in the Bible simply means to have remorse for or to change one's mind. That being said, no one disagrees with the idea that all have to repent-we disagree with your definition of it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The point of my line of questioning is for you to grasp the difference between the word for 'repent' in the Bible and in English. If God never sinned, why does it say that God repented? The appropriate answer is because the word for 'repent' in the Bible simply means to have remorse for or to change one's mind. That being said, no one disagrees with the idea that all have to repent-we disagree with your definition of it.

You can show her a gazillion times.
She would rather hang on to her lie.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are wrong on both accounts. I gave scripture translated from Hebrew and Greek.

We are to repent of our sins.

Believe what you want, even if it goes against the Word of God.
He is correct.

The definition of the word "repent" is not"stop sinning".
God repented.
That's from Hebrew to English.
It is you that goes against God's word.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you do not believe Jesus who will you believe?

Luke 17:3 So watch yourselves. “If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them.

That is Jesus clearly teaching that repenting is of sins.

That is a translation from Greek to English.

Luke 17:4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”

That was another scripture about repenting of SINS, just in case you are slow.

Revelation 9:21 20The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands. They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk. 21Furthermore, they did not repent of their murder, sorcery, sexual immorality, and theft.

Here is a scripture that was translated from Hebrew to English.

This one scripture is about a PROPHECY about the coming Lord and salvation:

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Who repent of what?

You all have been shown God's Truth but will you believe or not?
Once again, the foolish woman tries to hang on to her lie.

God repented.
From that alone, it should be obvious to you.

It should also be obvious to you that if the definition of the word "repent" meant "stop sinning", then there would be no need to say "repent from sinning"
That would be redundant since, by your own definition, there would nothing else you could stop other than sinning.
No mention of sin would be necessary if your definition were correct.
It would be saying "Stop sinning from sinning".

And, as usual, you do not pay attention to what is said.

Notice I never made an argument against the phrase "repent from sinning".
Wanna know why????????????????
Because the definition of the word "repent" is not"stop sinning".
You can have the word "repent" , and it has nothing to do with sinning.
God repented.

Now, everyone get ready to watch GT try AGAIN to hug her lie tight.
Mmmmm, mmmmm, she loves that lie!

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He is correct.

God repented.
That's quite right. The Septuagint translators, translating from Hebrew to Greek, translated nicham as metanoiein. Metanoiein means to change one's mind. Nicham is variously translated as repent, relent, change one's mind, regret, etc.