ECT What constitutes it being the Body of Christ?

Cross Reference

Is it His physical body or a group of people or what? I am looking for preciseness as much as possible that it can be called His Body.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is all that believe the gospel (good news) given to Paul. Reckon yourself crucified and raised up. Your questions on the surface seem really stupid. Then I realize you reject Paul and especially things like Romans 6.

5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,

11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

Until you believe these truths, entering into the Body will not happen.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Jesus doesn't have a physical body

we are all part of Jesus
but
in the end some of us will be removed

There are two churches: The temporary, earthly, and visible church organizations that are a mix of wheat and tares, and the invisible, eternal, heavenly church composed 100% of justified (forgiven) saints, as revealed in Hebrews 12:23-24.

Cross Reference

There are two churches: The temporary, earthly, and visible church organizations that are a mix of wheat and tares, and the invisible, eternal, heavenly church composed 100% of justified (forgiven) saints, as revealed in Hebrews 12:23-24.

Briefly and as I read you, we have two churches of spirit beings one mingled with neither being the real deal, and the other that can't be seen which is the real deal. Is that it? I think that is what you wrote. Do I have it right?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
on this rock I will build my two churches

is that what it says?

This passage refers to the eternal, invisible, heavenly church revealed in Hebrews 12:23-24.

Which is the true church built upon the Rock, Jesus Christ.

Note the references to "heaven" found in Matthew 16:19.

Cross Reference

:chuckle:

Yes, I believe so.

Spirits, Nang? What part to people have to play in this understanding? I am asking about a body, not spirits. Jesus isn't coming for spirits. The Word did not take up residence in a spirit but, a body. Likewise Jesus inhabitants bodies, not spirits.

Perhaps the question should be whose bodies is Jesus now inhabiting?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
This passage refers to the eternal, invisible, heavenly church revealed in Hebrews 12:23-24.

Which is the true church built upon the Rock, Jesus Christ.

Note the references to "heaven" found in Matthew 16:19.

what about the references to earth?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Briefly and as I read you, we have two churches of spirit beings one mingled with neither being the real deal, and the other that can't be seen which is the real deal. Is that it? I think that is what you wrote. Do I have it right?

The true spiritual church body of Christ is eternal and heavenly. That is where all Christians are registered as citizens. Luke 10:20

The earthly churches represent the heavenly church, only in so far as regenerated saints that know Jesus Christ, are found therein.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Spirits, Nang? What part to people have to play in this understanding? I am asking about a body, not spirits. Jesus isn't coming for spirits. The Word did not take up residence in a spirit but, a body. Likewise Jesus inhabitants bodies, not spirits.

Perhaps the question should be whose bodies is Jesus now inhabiting?

Are you sure?

When a believer dies, does not the soul/spirit immediately go to be with the Lord, while the body sleeps in the grave?

II Corinthians 5:1-8

Nang

TOL Subscriber
what about the references to earth?

The witness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ on earth, works heavenly results.

The Gospel proclaimed in this world, and in the temporal churches, either binds or looses souls in heaven.

Cross Reference

The true spiritual church body of Christ is eternal and heavenly. That is where all Christians are registered as citizens. Luke 10:20

Though I already know, what constitutes being a Christian isn't what I am asking.

The earthly churches represent the heavenly church, only in so far as regenerated saints that know Jesus Christ, are found therein.

Very poor representation these days, wouldn't you say?

But lets cut to the reason for the OP:

Regardless of what we believe the church or body of Christ to be, I think we can both agree the CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST __HIS BODY, is a multi-membered physical body. Correct? If so, then what is the prerequisite for the one single person that he be included as one who, originally, turned the whole world upside down? What does he have in common with Jesus Christ?

Cross Reference

Are you sure?

When a believer dies, does not the soul/spirit immediately go to be with the Lord, while the body sleeps in the grave?

II Corinthians 5:1-8

Only the spirit returns to God, "Who gave it" per Ecc. 12:7. The soul may also IF it is found in Christ __ otherwise, a place of torment, a place where love isn't, awaits it to be later cast into the lake of fire.