Ukraine Crisis

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes President Biden does stumble in places. But his words themselves, their meaning, are clear and decisive.

And Russian State Television isn't using Biden's words as wartime propaganda they way they're using Trump's and Pompeo's praise of Putin.
Indeed, Biden, is far from perfect, but he a DECENT, PATRIOTIC legitimately-elected POTUS. A loving, FAITHFUL father and husband. I will accept his flaws.

Compared to the alternative, they are insignificant.

lovemeorhateme

I wonder how many people commenting on this crisis have been to Ukraine? I have, twice. It’s a beautiful country with lovely and hospitable people, but has many problems with poverty and corruption. The fact of the matter is that Ukrainians don’t want to be Russian, and Russia has attacked a country which has done nothing wrong. Ukrainians are a proud people who don’t want war. As always, it’s innocent Ukrainians who are the ones to suffer the most. I have friends currently stuck in the bomb shelters of Kyiv in fear of their lives.

Regardless of what’s happening in Ukraine, my biggest worry is what if he doesn’t stop there? Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and possibly Bulgaria and the Balkan states of Bosnia, Serbia, and Croatia are now all at risk. If we do nothing now, what will anyone do if Putin decides to occupy these countries? For me personally, many of my friends and much of my life is in Poland. I fear for them, with fighting currently going on less than 100 miles from the border.

What can we do? I think the worst possible option is to do nothing.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wonder how many people commenting on this crisis have been to Ukraine? I have, twice. It’s a beautiful country with lovely and hospitable people, but has many problems with poverty and corruption. The fact of the matter is that Ukrainians don’t want to be Russian, and Russia has attacked a country which has done nothing wrong. Ukrainians are a proud people who don’t want war. As always, it’s innocent Ukrainians who are the ones to suffer the most. I have friends currently stuck in the bomb shelters of Kyiv in fear of their lives.

Regardless of what’s happening in Ukraine, my biggest worry is what if he doesn’t stop there? Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and possibly Bulgaria and the Balkan states of Bosnia, Serbia, and Croatia are now all at risk. If we do nothing now, what will anyone do if Putin decides to occupy these countries? For me personally, many of my friends and much of my life is in Poland. I fear for them, with fighting currently going on less than 100 miles from the border.

Howdy Pete. It’s heartbreaking, and yet there are other countries including my own who are against military action. I wish Ukraine would be welcomed into the UN immediately AND retroactively so our members WOULD intervene and wipe out every single Russian soldier involved and then figure out a way to give Putin the Osama Bin Ladin treatment.

As much as I hate war and military interaction, sometimes an evil is so great it has to be done. Putin and his allies are the next Hitler regime …

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Pete!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
There are already reports of India and China offering support to Putin in the form of bypassing sanctions. The only sanctions that would be effective, in my opinion, would be for Central and Western Europe to go cold turkey off of Russian natural gas. They won't do that. They can't do that. So sanctions are a non-starter.

Is war better than doing nothing? And if War, how long before it goes nuclear?

Remember, the guy with his finger on the nuclear button is 79 years old and frequently confused

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
BREAKING: Prosecutors Leading Manhattan DA’s Probe Into Trump Abruptly Resign Over ‘Serious Doubts’ According to The Times, the new Manhattan DA, Alvin Bragg, has ‘serious doubts’ about the case against Trump – leading two of his top prosecutors to resign.

Trump is facing a total of 19 legal actions – about half of which allege improper conduct during his presidency.

Most of the cases fall under three themes: financial wrongdoings that made him more money; his role in the January 6 2021 insurrection; and his alleged interference in the 2020 election. Trump has denied wrongdoing in most of these cases. He has filed motions to dismiss several of them and has filed countersuits in some cases.

Here are all the legal cases as of 1 February 2022:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Indeed, Biden, is far from perfect, but he a DECENT, PATRIOTIC legitimately-elected POTUS. A loving, FAITHFUL father and husband. I will accept his flaws.

Compared to the alternative, they are insignificant.

And he's had to spend most of his time repairing the destruction caused by TFG, including the current crisis.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Howdy Pete. It’s heartbreaking, and yet there are other countries including my own who are against military action. I wish Ukraine would be welcomed into the UN immediately AND retroactively so our members WOULD intervene and wipe out every single Russian soldier involved and then figure out a way to give Putin the Osama Bin Ladin treatment.

As much as I hate war and military interaction, sometimes an evil is so great it has to be done. Putin and his allies are the next Hitler regime …

A complication is that apparently a significant amount of information is coming out that Russian soldiers were misled and/or forced into the current situation, and some have already surrendered or fled. Trying to verify info as I get it though, it's not easy in this disinformation age.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A complication is that apparently a significant amount of information is coming out that Russian soldiers were misled and/or forced into the current situation, and some have already surrendered or fled. Trying to verify info as I get it though, it's not easy in this disinformation age.
I know … but I also believe in their heart of hearts they know the truth.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Pete! Welcome back. And well said.
Putin is a megalomaniac with what he is doing.

lovemeorhateme

Like you, I hate war. War is never good. Sometimes though, we have to defend ourselves against an evil oppressor. This is the situation Ukraine now finds themselves in - and like I said before, what happens if Putin doesn’t stop at Ukraine? We in the west need to do something, and we need to do a lot more than these toothless sanctions. Putin is evil.