Ukraine Crisis

marke

When you're fighting for the right of the Confederacy to rise again, you're fighting for "freedumb" and then some:

09ed9379-298b-4cd7-87df-d3093ce1f719-AFP_AFP_8YA8KY.jpg
Americans don't begrudge blacks for the murders committed by early rebels like Nat Turner and that is good. Nat Turner fought and killed for what he thought was right just like southern democrats fought northern republicans to preserve slavery because they thought that was right. Don't tear down monuments to Nart Turner and don't destroy monuments to soldiers who fought on either side of the Civil War. Those monuments are not hurting anyone and Americans should be given the right to honor their relatives even if those relatives supported bad ideas and did bad things. Those people are dead and gone now, so everyone should just get over it and allow others the same liberty they want for themselves.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I know it's difficult for you to understand, bananahead, but I can appreciate both the sentiment behind those who waive the Confederate flag today, and hold the viewpoint that the entire Confederate Army from officers all the way up to the head of state should have been executed for treason at the end of the war
I think they did the right thing at the end of the Civil War, I thought it was magnanimous and merciful and practical, the only problem with it----and it was a huge problem!----was that while we were occupying the South (Reconstruction) we treated them just like part of America again, instead of having them on some form of 'probation' in Washington until Reconstruction was completed, probably needed another 20-50 years 'on top of' the 11-12 years total that it actually got.

It ended because of partisanship driven by Southern Democrats. It never should have ended like that. That would be like the Germans and Japanese in 1957 saying that 'everything's all better now you can go home', and us 'buying it'.

It could be, come to think of it, that the abysmal and premature end to Southern Reconstruction served as a lesson for the US after WWII when we began to occupy (West) Germany and Japan. We knew that even 11 years was not going to 'cut it', not even close. And we could not risk yet another global conflict caused by brain-damaged and or wicked ideology.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Americans don't begrudge blacks for the murders committed by early rebels like Nat Turner and that is good. Nat Turner fought and killed for what he thought was right just like southern democrats fought northern republicans to preserve slavery because they thought that was right. Don't tear down monuments to Nart Turner and don't destroy monuments to soldiers who fought on either side of the Civil War. Those monuments are not hurting anyone and Americans should be given the right to honor their relatives even if those relatives supported bad ideas and did bad things. Those people are dead and gone now, so everyone should just get over it and allow others the same liberty they want for themselves.
We know that expurgating wicked morals from a polity is way quicker when occupying their territory for 50 years, rather than 12, followed by allowing 'grassroots movements' to fix the problem 100 years later. We're 145 years after Reconstruction ended and the federal troops withdrew from the South, and there's still racism in America, although thankfully the Civil Rights movement in the 1960s did eventually result in repealing and redacting and nullifying all racist laws. But it was inefficient.

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
Would our media lie to us about the Ukraine-Russia war and create hoaxes designed to cause people to have emotional responses to them? Would they create "hate Russia" in the minds of people who see their propaganda?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Would our media lie to us about the Ukraine-Russia war and create hoaxes designed to cause people to have emotional responses to them? Would they create "hate Russia" in the minds of people who see their propaganda?
Would Russian media lie to us about the Russia-Ukraine war and create hoaxes designed to cause people to have emotional responses to them? Would they create "hate Ukraine" in the minds of people who see their propaganda?

Russia is killing Ukrainian citizens in countless numbers with their military strikes on civilian targets, but yeah, "Ukrainian bio-labs."

Gary K

Banned
I trust Tulsi way more than I do Romney

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The extreme left absolutely hates her. There was a Clinton-led disinformation campaign to smear her name and link her to Russian assets, which was largely responsible for tanking her in the last election.What caught my eye early on was the fact that they were rejecting her as a POC.