Ukraine Crisis

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Gary K

Banned
We are living on the very edge of a nuclear war. And who has pushed us to this point? History tells us it is the US, not Russia, who has done this. We have treated the Russians with disdain, disrespect, and a callous disregard to their own self image. Like Americans, Russians see themselves as a people of destiny and our politicians have told them to shut up and go sit down as we don't want to hear anything you have to say. They have offered assistance and partnership to help us when we have been attacked and we have rudely rebuffed them.

In a public speech back in 2007 Putin said that the breakdown between the two of us was the result of two mistakes. The first was that the Russians trusted us. The second was that the US took advantage of that trust. And that is absolutely true. It is historical fact and most Americans are so ignorant of history they don't know this as our media has been lying to us for many decades. I can point to examples of this more than 100 years ago.

Now our politicians want to send war planes into the war between Ukraine and Russia. And Putin has said that doing so will result in nuclear war. So it is the US who wants to open a nuclear war as Putin has zero reasons for trusting us after decades of the US spitting in his face. I think if I was him I would have reached the point of no return long ago. What would you say to Canada putting biological weapons labs on our border. Would you consider that a major provocation and an existential threat to the survival of our nation? So how is Putin wrong for viewing the same threat the same way you would?

Now tell me, do you want to live in North America the day after multiple nuclear missile strikes hit it? How about you Brits? Do you want to live on your island after it's hit a couple of times? How about the Europeans who might possibly read here? Do you think your nation would habitable after a nuclear bomb or two hits it?

This is not a just war.

If the reality of nuclear war frightens you you're a sane rational human being. Do you really think the average Ukrainian isn't as terrified of it as we are? It's their leadership that is insisting on escalating what is going there from conventional to nuclear war.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Rep. Madison Cawthorn calls Zelensky a 'thug,' says Ukrainian government is 'incredibly evil'

Let the Republicans try to score in the midterm elections with that kind of messaging when ~90% of the country is pro-Ukraine and anti-Putin.

Dmitry Rogozin, the head of Russia's Space Agency and a close ally to Russian President Vladimir Putin, responded to Biden in a series of hostile tweets. On Feb. 26, he posted a video in Russian that threatened to leave Vande Hei behind in space and detach Russia's segment of the space station altogether.

Arthur Brain

We are living on the very edge of a nuclear war. And who has pushed us to this point? History tells us it is the US, not Russia, who has done this. We have treated the Russians with disdain, disrespect, and a callous disregard to their own self image. Like Americans, Russians see themselves as a people of destiny and our politicians have told them to shut up and go sit down as we don't want to hear anything you have to say. They have offered assistance and partnership to help us when we have been attacked and we have rudely rebuffed them.

In a public speech back in 2007 Putin said that the breakdown between the two of us was the result of two mistakes. The first was that the Russians trusted us. The second was that the US took advantage of that trust. And that is absolutely true. It is historical fact and most Americans are so ignorant of history they don't know this as our media has been lying to us for many decades. I can point to examples of this more than 100 years ago.

Now our politicians want to send war planes into the war between Ukraine and Russia. And Putin has said that doing so will result in nuclear war. So it is the US who wants to open a nuclear war as Putin has zero reasons for trusting us after decades of the US spitting in his face. I think if I was him I would have reached the point of no return long ago. What would you say to Canada putting biological weapons labs on our border. Would you consider that a major provocation and an existential threat to the survival of our nation? So how is Putin wrong for viewing the same threat the same way you would?

Now tell me, do you want to live in North America the day after multiple nuclear missile strikes hit it? How about you Brits? Do you want to live on your island after it's hit a couple of times? How about the Europeans who might possibly read here? Do you think your nation would habitable after a nuclear bomb or two hits it?

This is not a just war.

If the reality of nuclear war frightens you you're a sane rational human being. Do you really think the average Ukrainian isn't as terrified of it as we are? It's their leadership that is insisting on escalating what is going there from conventional to nuclear war.
Hey, maybe you think Putin's fighting a righteous crusade with his invasion of the Ukraine? You sure are an apologist for the guy. As it happens, the UN & NATO alliance haven't agreed to a no fly zone as they realize just how things could escalate quickly if they did. The Russian regime (not its people) is responsible for an unprovoked attack and are guilty of war crimes and atrocities in the Ukraine. Simple as that. They continually spout lies and propaganda to justify their attacks on civilians and the untold misery caused.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Gary K

Banned
Hey, maybe you think Putin's fighting a righteous crusade with his invasion of the Ukraine? You sure are an apologist for the guy. As it happens, the UN & NATO alliance haven't agreed to a no fly zone as they realize just how things could escalate quickly if they did. The Russian regime (not its people) is responsible for an unprovoked attack and are guilty of war crimes and atrocities in the Ukraine. Simple as that. They continually spout lies and propaganda to justify their attacks on civilians and the untold misery caused.
As usual you're as ignorant as a box of rocks

Explain the Wolfowitz doctrine.

Edward Kennedy said it was so bad no nation should ever accept it. So did a lot of other people. It became official US policy toward Russia starting with the George H. W. Bush administration. So what was it? What were it's basic tenets? Were those tenets designed to promote good relations with Russia and other nations?

Arthur Brain

As usual you're as ignorant as a box of rocks

Explain the Wolfowitz doctrine.

Edward Kennedy said it was so bad no nation should ever accept it. So did a lot of other people. It became official US policy toward Russia starting with the George H. W. Bush administration. So what was it? What were it's basic tenets? Were those tenets designed to promote good relations with Russia and other nations?
Yeh, your accusations of being ignorant are worth as much in reality as an infowars podcast or a Trump rant. Nobody's to blame for the invasion of the Ukraine other than the Russian regime itself.

Gary K

Banned
Yeh, your accusations of being ignorant are worth as much in reality as an infowars podcast or a Trump rant. Nobody's to blame for the invasion of the Ukraine other than the Russian regime itself.
And you just proved me correct. Too ignorant to explain the Wolfowitz doctrine and how it affected the relationship between the US and Russia. And so ignorant you think events happen in a vacuum no matter what has previously gone on.

You know, I'd almost bet you would think it would be a great idea if an enemy of Great Britain would place bio weapons labs in Wales and Scotland. You wouldn't think that was an act of aggression toward England in the least. You would claim it was an act of aggression if the British army invaded Scotland and Wales to destroy those installations. You'd say Britain was crazy and cuasing problems for no reason whatsoever. That's what you would do.

Hoping

Banned

This is not a just war.

You have conveniently forgotten that it was the Russians that started this war.
Why all the pro-Russian blarney?

Hoping

Banned
And you just proved me correct. Too ignorant to explain the Wolfowitz doctrine and how it affected the relationship between the US and Russia. And so ignorant you think events happen in a vacuum no matter what has previously gone on.

You know, I'd almost bet you would think it would be a great idea if an enemy of Great Britain would place bio weapons labs in Wales and Scotland. You wouldn't think that was an act of aggression toward England in the least. You would claim it was an act of aggression if the British army invaded Scotland and Wales to destroy those installations. You'd say Britain was crazy and cuasing problems for no reason whatsoever. That's what you would do.
Wales and Scotland are part of Great Britain.
Ukraine is not part of Russia.