ECT uh oh Another verse where Paul says he destroyed the church of God !

dodge

Of this church I was made a minister according to the stewardship from God bestowed on me for your benefit, so that I might fully carry out the preaching of the word of God

Of this church? What church was this....Certainly not the one the twelve were first to go to.

By that twisted logic Jesus and His Apostles are not in the B.O.C., because according to the diversion of MAD Jesus nor His Apostles taught Paul's NEW and IMPROVED Gospel. Is Jesus also accursed by Paul along with the other Apostles for preaching " another Gospel". See where that warped logic winds up ?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am going to let John and Patrick back into this thread. Both sides need to quit the name calling and personal attacks. There is no innocent party in this.

If TOL is to grow as a forum we have to allow people to express their opinion even opinions that may be odious to us. Thread after thread of personal attacks and callouts also hurt forum participation. Someone floating in thinking of joining the board sees that and may decide not to join. I left a board that behaved similarly and found TOL. People don't want to participate or even debate if they expect they are going to be attacked personally over things that don't have anything to do with a theological debate.

Participants need to leave off calling people demons, devils and other nasty names because they are not their side of the theological debate. Knight is not a fan of this name calling either. Theological debates can be fun, but they turn ugly when name calling starts.

One of the goals of TOL is to showcase MAD and Open Theism. We can't do that when its proponents go around calling other Christians that don't subscribe to it ugly names. Rather it comes up with egg on its face. Those debating on the other side also need to think about their behavior too. Do you want to make Evangelicalism or Calvinism look bad by your behavior?

drbrumley

By that twisted logic Jesus and His Apostles are not in the B.O.C., because according to the diversion of MAD Jesus nor His Apostles taught Paul's NEW and IMPROVED Gospel.

Oh what you fail to understand or not even willing to.

Is Jesus also accursed by Paul along with the other Apostles for preaching " another Gospel".

No. And again, Oh what you fail to understand or not even willing to.

See where that warped logic winds up ?

If it is indeed as you claim, I would agree, but alas, it's not so No. And again, Oh what you fail to understand or not even willing to.

drbrumley

I am going to let John and Patrick back into this thread. Both sides need to quit the name calling and personal attacks. There is no innocent party in this.

If TOL is to grow as a forum we have to allow people to express their opinion even opinions that may be odious to us. Thread after thread of personal attacks and callouts also hurt forum participation. Someone floating in thinking of joining the board sees that and may decide not to join. I left a board that behaved similarly and found TOL. People don't want to participate or even debate if they expect they are going to be attacked personally over things that don't have anything to do with a theological debate.

Participants need to leave off calling people demons, devils and other nasty names because they are not their side of the theological debate. Knight is not a fan of this name calling either. Theological debates can be fun, but they turn ugly when name calling starts.

One of the goals of TOL is to showcase MAD and Open Theism. We can't do that when its proponents go around calling other Christians that don't subscribe to it ugly names. Rather it comes up with egg on its face. Those debating on the other side also need to think about their behavior too. Do you want to make Evangelicalism or Calvinism look bad by your behavior?

Thank you....:up:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
5*which in other generations was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit;

"other generations"

Oooops

MAD claims Paul's generation was split into two groups.

MAD claims some in Paul's generation did not know what the previous generations didn't know.

way 2 go

uh oh Another verse where Paul says he destroyed the church of God !

Gal 1:13
For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

When you compare this to Jesus asking Saul why he was persecuting Him and Paul responding who are you LORD and Jesus replying " I am Jesus who you are persecuting". So when Saul persecuted the early Jewish Christians Saul was persecuting Jesus that means they were in the body of Christ before Paul.

For you heard my manner of life when I was in Judaism, that I persecuted the church of God with surpassing zeal, and ravaged it.

Paul convinced Israel to reject the gospel and God cut off Israel and turned to the gentiles
excellent verse for Mid Acts Dispensation .:e4e:

dodge

For you heard my manner of life when I was in Judaism, that I persecuted the church of God with surpassing zeal, and ravaged it.

Paul convinced Israel to reject the gospel and God cut off Israel and turned to the gentiles
excellent verse for Mid Acts Dispensation .:e4e:

100% wrong.

Is that why Paul preached the "faith" he once sought to destroy ?

Gal 1:23
But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

Interplanner

It is interesting to think of God using Paul as an unbeliever, but no 'dealings' with Israel or Gentiles are 100%; it is not an either or case. The exclamatory 'Since you do not believe, I am turning to the Gentiles' sounds like a first foray to the Gentiles, but actually that had been going already (really all through history) and it was the end of trying with Israel.

way 2 go

Is that why Paul preached the "faith" he once sought to destroy ?

Gal 1:23
But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

yes, Israel was cut off, Paul was raised up

Paul persecuted Israel to reject the gospel and God cut off Israel and turned to the gentiles

what part are you having a problem with ?

glorydaz

It's not up to anyone but the TOL staff whether anyone is banned or not, kookoo bird.
Your heart is as filled with hatred and lies as Dodges' is.

Nang and Dodge have completely different doctrines, but they band together in indignation, because there are some who see more in Scripture than they have been able to see. That they don't look any further than the end of their nose doesn't seem to matter a bit.

Just as God's Untruth can't get past obeying to be saved, Nang can't get past being chosen in order to believe, and Dodge can't get past "repent and be baptized" in order to be righteous. None of them have assurance of salvation apart from their own efforts.

...for I can testify to their zeal for God. But it is not based on correct understanding; for, since they are unaware of God’s way of making people righteous and instead seek to set up their own, they have not submitted themselves to God’s way of making people righteous.​

dodge

yes, Israel was cut off, Paul was raised up

Paul persecuted Israel to reject the gospel and God cut off Israel and turned to the gentiles

what part are you having a problem with ?

This part:

Not only is that not scriptural it is flat wrong.

Paul preached the same faith he once sought to destroy. Chew on that. Paul was persecuting the early Jewish Christian church but are he got saved he preached the SAME faith he once sought to destroy meaning he left Judaism and preached the Gospel of grace that had been being preached while he persecuted Jesus and HIS church.

way 2 go

This part:

Not only is that not scriptural it is flat wrong.

Paul preached the same faith he once sought to destroy. Chew on that. Paul was persecuting the early Jewish Christian church but are he got saved he preached the SAME faith he once sought to destroy meaning he left Judaism and preached the Gospel of grace that had been being preached while he persecuted Jesus and HIS church.

so I am spot on

Paul persecuted Israel to reject the gospel , you agree

God cut off Israel , you did not answer

God turned to the gentiles, you did not answer

dodge

so I am spot on

Paul persecuted Israel to reject the gospel , you agree

God cut off Israel , you did not answer

God turned to the gentiles, you did not answer

Re-read it you missed it ! Paul persecuted "CHRISTIANS" Paul was of Israel and defended Judaism by persecuting the Body of Christ.
That is why in Galatians it says Paul preached the "faith" he once sought to destroy. Paul after persecuting the B.O.C. preached that same message that in the law there is no salvation as Judaism taught.

Danoh

However, Nang and Dodge see through your MADist errors . . . so?

That's the problem: you see right through MAD distinctives to your own.

In contrast to actually seeing MAD distinctives.

They remain invisible to such as you; given your refusal to actually look at a thing.

Result?

Your own distinctions concluded by you as being sound because you have long ceased looking at a thing with fresh eyes.

Reminds me of the following...

John 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. 11:12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. 11:13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. 11:14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That's the problem: you see right through MAD distinctives to your own.

In contrast to actually seeing MAD distinctives.

They remain invisible to such as you; given your refusal to actually look at a thing.

Result?

Your own distinctions concluded by you as being sound because you have long ceased looking at a thing with fresh eyes.

Reminds me of the following...

John 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. 11:12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. 11:13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. 11:14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.
dano is up late making confused posts again