Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Theology Thursday: Tyrant Dad

This is the show from Thursday August 21st, 2014

Summary:

Christian Parents: Bob shows why is it important for parents to set firm boundaries as they train up their children in the way they should go.

Monthly Sermons now on Blu-ray

Now you can now subscribe to Bob's Monthly Sermons from
Denver Bible Church on Blu-ray, DVD, Audio CD or MP3 CD.

* Bible Study Video Downloads: While Bob Enyart Live has produced verse by verse audio studies of most of the books of the Bible, more recently we have begun offering our studies via downloads in MP4 High Definition video. The Gospel of Mark, 2 Timothy, 2 Corinthians, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, Daniel and Malachi.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And to be a good dad you don't need a belt for anything other than holding your pants up.

Striking your child with a belt is abuse.

Leaving welts is abuse.

Bob the yob has actually been arrested for child abuse. And if you follow any parenting advice from him there's a good chance that sooner or later you will, too.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You don't have to be a tyrant to be a good dad.
Pretty sure that's what Bob was getting at.

Bob the yob has actually been arrested for child abuse. And if you follow any parenting advice from him there's a good chance that sooner or later you will, too.
How many times? Who reported him? What was the evidence against him?

Unless you know the actual story you might not want to try making an argument you can't support.

Pretty sure that's what Bob was getting at.

How many times? Who reported him? What was the evidence against him?

Unless you know the actual story you might not want to try making an argument you can't support.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-67481687.html

From 15 years ago, but I doubt he's changed much. "People" like him never change.

I'm not even going to get into the accusations of him having been involved in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey, as so far they are still unproven.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-67481687.html

From 15 years ago, but I doubt he's changed much. "People" like him never change.
I know the story. The only person who ever complained was the boy's father. Even the boy, who is now a man, says it wasn't abusive.

I do find it interesting the article provided no evidence that the skin was broken, etc.

I'm not even going to get into the accusations of him having been involved in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey, as so far they are still unproven.
You have now lost all credibility.

I'm pretty sure it's not.

And regarding corporal punishment of children, it was you who said "but it is worthless if you leave no mark."

So your opinions on child discipline are of no value to me, particularly for that reason but also because you haven't raised any children of your own.
Just because I have no children of my own doesn't mean I haven't helped raise children. I was also a child myself once, and I've been through both scenarios: being abused and not being abused. I know the difference from personal experience.

are you referring to the temporary reddening of the epidermis or cigarette burns and deep scarring?
The former. But Anna is an idiot who apparently lacks reading comprehension.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Just because I have no children of my own doesn't mean I haven't helped raise children.
Practicing on your girlfriend's kid doesn't count. It's kind of like having those pretend babies on which they practice parenting in high school.

4cd30aac4775e0bc7321a015ceecdac2.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And to be a good dad you don't need a belt for anything other than holding your pants up.

Striking your child with a belt is abuse.

Leaving welts is abuse.

Proverbs 23

13 Do not withhold correction from a child, For if you beat him with a rod, he will not die.

Don't you just love the contrast from "Christians" and what the words of God say? Of course, she is being obtuse and wants to put punishment which is spanking in with punching kids in the face. Now that would be abuse.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

I highly doubt that you had a dad in your house growing up Kitty, so you really know nothing about a father figure. Being that you don't have children and most likely never will, I don't think you're someone that should be pointing fingers at those who do.