Trump Impeachment Trial Following Capitol Hill

Arthur Brain

Leatherneck

Temp Banned

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Hmm, well, the truth is that Trump lost the election. That doesn't upset me. :)

And that he was impeached twice. Bipartisan, both times.

And now hopefully the rest of his days will be spent in civil court.

I'm very thankful for the brilliant House manager team, they are all patriots. Jamie Raskin, what a principled man. I don't know if you're aware he recently lost his son. Heartbroken, yet still he did his duty to country, and did it with dignity and grace. Ted Lieu, Stacey Plaskett, she was amazing. David Cicilline. Eric Swalwell, always excellent. Joe Neguse, clear and powerful. Madeleine Dean. History will look kindly on them.

Arthur Brain

I'm very thankful for the brilliant House manager team, they are all patriots. Jamie Raskin, what a principled man. I don't know if you're aware he recently lost his son. Heartbroken, yet still he did his duty to country, and did it with dignity and grace. Ted Lieu, Stacey Plaskett, she was amazing. David Cicilline. Eric Swalwell, always excellent. Joe Neguse, clear and powerful. Madeleine Dean. History will look kindly on them.
Yes, he will go down in history as the only president to serve a single term, be impeached twice, lose the popular vote, lose by the same margin he claimed was a landslide victory in 2016. What a record...

I did see Jamie Raskin and it's tragic as to what happened. A principled man indeed.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Yes, he will go down in history as the only president to serve a single term, be impeached twice, lose the popular vote, lose by the same margin he claimed was a landslide victory in 2016. What a record...

I did see Jamie Raskin and it's tragic as to what happened. A principled man indeed.

That's a great article, thank you. Money quote:

"The impeachment trial has given him stature in many eyes as a defender of the constitution, democracy and moral integrity – in short, an anti-Trump."

Jamie Raskin is the anti-Trump.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned

Impeachment without conviction in the senate means absolutely NOTHING.Simplified for morons = It is the same as being charged and then being found NOT guilty. It was not bipartisan.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Impeachment without conviction in the senate means absolutely NOTHING.Simplified for morons = It is the same as being charged and then being found NOT guilty. It was not bipartisan.

You’ve already shown you make up numbers and that you aren’t interested in the difference between a direct democracy and a representative democracy.
Now you’re saying impeachment means nothing. You can’t change the fact that the House impeached. It’s a fact, it’s history, and it was bipartisan both times. Historic. The Senate acquitted, but the votes to convict were also bipartisan. Historic.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
You’ve already shown you make up numbers and that you aren’t interested in the difference between a direct democracy and a representative democracy.
Now you’re saying impeachment means nothing. You can’t change the fact that the House impeached. It’s a fact, it’s history, and it was bipartisan both times. Historic. The Senate acquitted, but the votes to convict were also bipartisan. Historic.
Bottom line acquitted both times making the impeachment worthless and means nothing. As you have shown that you don’t know the difference between a constitutional republic and representative democracy.

Last edited: