Trick or cheat: Woman caught snatching all the Halloween candy at one home

genuineoriginal

She watches The View. Her house smells like moth balls. She speaks too loudly when in a restaurant. When people hear her shrill voice at Outback, they regret going out to dinner and wish a gaboon viper would bite them already. :dead:
You got all that from watching the video?

:wazzup:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
As big as she is, maybe she's a corporation*.

*full disclosure: I'm obese, too.

She'll say she has a
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
metabolism problem. She puts too many calories in her mouth and doesn't move. She could live off of her body fat for four months.

Breathe

Maybe you can explain to me how someone can steal something that was freely given to them?

Now you are fat shaming the woman?
What happened to body positivity?
Anyone with the sense to breathe (ha!), would know they weren't to take all of the proffered candy. If you don't believe she stole, you must at least admit she is guilty of greed.

And, no. Fact stating does not equal fat shaming. She's fat - that is factual.

Breathe

Is that even relevant?
Indeed it is - just because she could take all of the candy, that doesn't mean she should have.
And if there were only one candy bar left, should she have left it, too?

She certainly could have taken the last one (if you believe it's okay for adults to participate in trick-or-treating), but she should not have taken them all.

I do believe you're just trying to be contrary. :D

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Indeed it is - just because she could take all of the candy, that doesn't mean she should have.

She certainly could have taken the last one (if you believe it's okay for adults to participate in trick-or-treating), but she should not have taken them all.

I used to dress up too when i took my children trick or treating when they were little (they loved it), but i never carried a candy container for myself and always stood back on the walkway (so i could watch them) and let them go up the homes

genuineoriginal

Anyone with the sense to breathe (ha!), would know they weren't to take all of the proffered candy. If you don't believe she stole, you must at least admit she is guilty of greed.
Congratulations, you are the first person on this thread to state a real problem with what the woman did.

I would ask why not, but you answered it by stating that taking all the candy is an act of greed.

No, I am trying to get people to think about why they believe someone is doing something wrong when it is something that has been permitted.
In the world we live in a lot of people fall back on the argument that if both parties consent to something then there is nothing wrong with it.

In the "social experiment" the students consented to people helping themselves to the candy, they even put it in writing, and the woman consented to helping herself to the candy.

But the reactions people had from seeing what she did prove that consent between the two parties is not enough, you must also gain the consent of the community.

Breathe

I used to dress up too when i took my children trick or treating when they were little (they loved it), but i never carried a candy container for myself and always stood back on the walkway (so i could watch them) and let them go up the homes

We did the same. Trick or treating loses it's thrill when you get old enough to buy your own candy. ;)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
We did the same. Trick or treating loses it's thrill when you get old enough to buy your own candy. ;)

Nah, i put on pink mario ears (from super mario 3d that looks like cat ears) this past weekend and went to dinner with my husband like that as well as handed out candy halloween evening.

I still think its fun to do a little something. :)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Update:

Woman in viral candy stealing video identified as El Cajon mom

EL CAJON, Calif. - The woman in the viral video seen swiping too many candy bars in Serra Mesa has been identified as El Cajon resident, Trisha Farrell.

Farrell’s neighbor, Dave said he asked the mom about it on Monday and she didn’t seem sorry.

“It’s a little disturbing, not everyone has the same values and morals,” he said.

The homeowner, Nathan Brown, told 10News he left the quality candy outside on Halloween. He left a note, which read, “help yourself, but please be considerate.”

Farrell’s neighbor said he was shocked the mother would take all the candy in front of her 7-year-old son.

“I said, 'man you're getting panned out and pinned as the person who stole from kids,' and she kind of chuckled,” said Dave.

10News went to Farrell’s apartment to get her side, but was greeted at the door by someone who said this, “Dear God Heavenly Father, bless this girl and get the heck off this house.”

Earlier Monday, Farrell posted a statement on her Facebook page, which read, “I love my haters..all you Newbiees, welcome to my fan club. Keep doin what you’re doin and imma keep doing me.”

9160905_G.jpg
From: Local woman caught in viral video looting Halloween candy identified