ECT Totton Linnet has a lot of opinions.

oatmeal

I am not any great admirer or upholder of the doctrines of the church fathers [so-called] I believe they fell into the trap that you have fallen into supposing that theology is simply a matter of applied human intellect.

Our faith is a revealed faith and a supernatural gift imparted to us PERSONALLY by God Himself, I scorn your intellect.

You miss ordinary common sense, it is child's play to understand that Christ's deity is proclaimed in His sonship, the only begotten.

The Son must be as the Father.

I say Weirville was a servant of the devil on a par with other cult founders.

I am sorry to say I don't believe you have the love or desire for God's word that you say you do....we have seen how you treat of God's word and it does not match your testimony. Jesus Christ is that Word of God.

I am being candid with you.

You have an abundance of opinions, but what can you show from scripture?

Jesus Christ was the greatest example of teaching relevant scripture.

Matthew 4:4 and similar situations

He considered scripture, the word of God to be truth. John 17:17

He did not consider himself to have power or ability of his own, but relied on His Father. John 5:30

If you are not using your brains and intellect for learning scripture???

Why did God design the human body to have brains if not to learn and believe God's word?

Philippians 2:5 and other verses like it.

Colossians 3:2....

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yes but Oatie's great brains can't work out that whatever the Father is the Son must be also.

I said our religion is a revealed truth imparted Personally to each one by God Himself, nobody can work it out...the greatest brains reject it as folly, simple fishermen receive it with joy.....so did I.

There are many in the church who have not the personal revelation but who believe the revelation given to others [the apostles] they are wiser than Oatie.

oatmeal

Yes but Oatie's great brains can't work out that whatever the Father is the Son must be also.

I said our religion is a revealed truth imparted Personally to each one by God Himself, nobody can work it out...the greatest brains reject it as folly, simple fishermen receive it with joy.....so did I.

There are many in the church who have not the personal revelation but who believe the revelation given to others [the apostles] they are wiser than Oatie.

It is easy to offer opinions about other people's beliefs, yet I do not see you offering any scripture to back up your opinions.

Do you think God is impressed by your cheap shots?

Why is it you cannot substantiate your doctrines, your conclusions with scripture?

Do you have any scriptures in your mind? or do you let any thoughts just float in and out of your mind?

Isaiah 26:3

Titus 1:9 How can you hold fast to scripture when apparently you do not know any?

What is God's instruction about those who contradict?

Do you know any scripture at all?

OCTOBER23

OATMEAL,

You cannot even prove that the day begins at sunset,

so you are NOT a know it all of the Bible Scriptures.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The Father (the creator) is greater than His son.(a man)

Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Joh 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

The personal revelation as to who Christ is---

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

If people add to Gods word then it because they do not know the man yet.

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
Heb 5:6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Heb 5:10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.
Heb 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It is easy to offer opinions about other people's beliefs, yet I do not see you offering any scripture to back up your opinions.

Do you think God is impressed by your cheap shots?

Why is it you cannot substantiate your doctrines, your conclusions with scripture?

Do you have any scriptures in your mind? or do you let any thoughts just float in and out of your mind?

Isaiah 26:3

Titus 1:9 How can you hold fast to scripture when apparently you do not know any?

What is God's instruction about those who contradict?

Do you know any scripture at all?

You do not respect scripture...your supposed love of them is mouth only, anyone who treats John. 1. with the disrespect that you do has no proper awe or respect for scripture.

And I did quote scripture.

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men and the weakness of God is stronger than men

For see your calling brethren how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble

But God has chosen the foolish things o the world to and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the mighty

And base things and things which are despised hath God chosen yea and things that are not to bring to nought things that are.

That Oatie should not boast in His presence.

But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus who of God is made unto us wisdom and righteousness and sanctification.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Joh 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
Heb 5:6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Heb 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

LA

We already knew that Christ on taking upon Himself the form of a servant and being found in the likeness of men humbled Himself.

Do you still insult the Holy Spirit by saying he is no Person?...well He won't teach you scripture then any more than He teaches keypurr or Oatie or Meshak or all the whole lot of yous Christ dishonourers.

You'll have to go outside the church to the intellectuals to learn.

The Holy Spirit has one mission only and that is to glorify the Son even as the Father is glorified.

oatmeal

OATMEAL,

You cannot even prove that the day begins at sunset,

so you are NOT a know it all of the Bible Scriptures.

That is a fact about the culture of those times. that kind of information can be found in books that deal with the Biblical culture.

One prominent book that you might have heard of is scripture, the Bible.

In Genesis, 24 hour periods of time are described as "the evening and the morning were the .... day" Genesis 1:5,8 etc.

God started the 24 hour period we call day at evening.

oatmeal

Yep.....'n lots of 'em are good ones.

How do you know which ones are good and which ones are not?

a. because they agree or not agree with yours

b. because you read a commentary that agrees with them

c. because you feel like they are or are not right

d. your study and rightly dividing of scripture and the realization that God's word is the benchmark of truth vs. error

oatmeal

I'd say her numbers are a lot higher than Oat's. ;)

Evidently, you and steko value your opinions of other's opinions above God's word.

Acts 17:11 John 5:39 "it is written" II Timothy 2:15, John 17:17, II Peter 1:20 does not cross your mind?

oatmeal

LA

LA,

Thanks for the scriptures, for the word of God never returns void,

I have learned from experience that most trinitarians on this website tend to turn a deaf ear to scriptures that clarify the issue.

They simply do not believe that all scripture is given by inspiration of God. II Timothy 3:16, evidently, just the ones that they think substantiates their opinions.

Too bad they start from opinions, then look for scripture, instead of learning scripture, then forming conclusions.