toldailytopic: Liberal vs. Conservative. Where and why do you stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Economic Left/Right: 6.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.28

View attachment 26467

I bet none of you could guess this. The test is biased, towards making more conservative choices seem simple-minded and ridiculous. Most of the statements, the conservative choice violates one's personal liberty.
Agreeing with John Randolph.

drbrumley

Economic Left/Right: 6.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.28

View attachment 26467

I bet none of you could guess this. The test is biased, towards making more conservative choices seem simple-minded and ridiculous. Most of the statements, the conservative choice violates one's personal liberty.
Agreeing with John Randolph.

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 3.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.62

drbrumley

You're barely over the line from Authoritarian. Would you say your score is within a decent margin of accuracy?

I would say it's accurate enough. It seemed like the questions were directed towards an answer upon governmental polices though I answered based upon how I run my household, not that everyone has to be under my law throughout the land, if that makes sense

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 3.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.62

This makes sense to me, as we are both more libertarian, and support the freedom of the individual. It also seems rational to me that while you are on the right, you would not be as far right as me. It would not be in your best interests to be hard right. It might also conflict with your personal value system.

I would say be free to do what makes you happy, art or religion, a new science theory, alternative lifestyle, but do not expect me to support it.

I'm also a free market globalist, so, it is obvious that Trump's tariff is very unpopular with me, as it will bring down the market here, as well, around the world. He is not a thinking economist, which a president should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.